Moderator Control Panel ]

Crash on accessing tuner - Windows 10

Crash on accessing tuner - Windows 10

Postby sipuncher » Sun Nov 05, 2017 10:38 pm

Hi,

PC spec: Windows 10 64-bit, Intel i3-8350K, 8GB RAM

I have a TBS 6280 dual tuner PCI-E card which I've had in an old PC for several years now and its been great. The PC died a few weeks ago (it was 12 years old!) so bought a new PC and put the card in and all was good.

I use DVBLink on the PC to record tv shows, convert them with MCEBuddy and then stream with Plex along with other content. When watching TV Live via DLNA a few days after setting up the PC, DVBLink crashed and upon restarting when I tried to resume it crashed again. I tried accessing the tuner via ScanChannelsBDA to rule out Plex but that similarly crashes. Neither program provides anything useful in their logs - its a hard crash as soon as they try to access the tuner.

All looks fine in Device Manager and I'm running the latest (although old) 64-bit drivers: 1.0.1.3. I've checked and the card is fully pushed into the PCI-E slot.

I've done a bit of crash analysis looking at minidump files etc. and its the ntdll.dll file that the fault is coming from, which doesn't really say much other than its device/driver.

I can only suspect the issue is either:
- Hardware fault with the card from it being moved. Seems unlikely given it was fine for a few days, but I don't have another PC to try it in.
- Driver/Software conflict. I was obviously installing lots of new drivers on the new PC after a fresh Windows 10 install, however I've restored the PC to a restore point before it stopped working but its not changed.

Anyone able to provide any help or insights - I can share more details if required.

Thanks,
Simon
sipuncher

Re: Crash on accessing tuner - Windows 10

Postby sipuncher » Thu Nov 09, 2017 5:13 pm

Don't worry (I'm sure you all were ;-)) - It's fixed now.

I did an inplace upgrade (reinstall) of Windows 10 and surprisingly it was back and working again after. I can only suppose that there was a conflict with another driver on the system that wasn't preserved by the reinstall.

Now I just need to not upgrade a driver ever again...!
sipuncher

Re: Crash on accessing tuner - Windows 10(Solved)

Postby steven » Thu Nov 23, 2017 2:59 pm

Hi sipuncher

Great thanks for your update : )

Kind Regards

steven
steven

Return to Windows