Moderator Control Panel ]

questions regarding DVB-C drivers

questions regarding DVB-C drivers

Postby MrFloppy » Wed Aug 01, 2012 10:41 am

Hello,

I just bought a TBS6280 to have DUAL DVB-C - as is advertised allover the internet. DVB-T is not of much use in my region, DVB-T2 has no known status. But with the current drivers as of v1.0.0.7 I can't get DVBViewer to recognise it as DVB-C-Device, getting the message "no hardware available" when trying to scan. TBSViewer seems to scan, but doesn't find anything, despite whatever transponder list is selected. A full scan takes like hours and gets the same result. I found a comment at amazon.de, stating that the last version supporting DVB-C seems to be 1.0.0.3 - but that one is nowhere available. At least I couldn't find a source.
So, to get to the point: Is that behviour really related to the version of the driver and if, could that specific version be obtained anywhere/anyhow or will there be a new version 'fixing' that? I would really much appreciate a positive response, because I ordered the card overseas to get it. (If not, this would be the very first time I was against recent drivers on installation media. Yey!)

Oh, I have a Terratec Cinergy T PCIe Dual installed, too, and it's linked to the same cable - no problems with DVB-C there. But it's got only one DVB-C-Tuner.

EDIT:
Ok, found the driver at an online shop and it works. So most questions answered. BUT: Will there be any updated DVB-C Drivers? Will there ever be mixed drivers offering all DVB standards at hand? Last and final question: Are there any plans to add the DVB-C drivers to the driverdisc?
MrFloppy

Re: questions regarding DVB-C drivers

Postby steven » Thu Aug 09, 2012 2:58 pm

Hi MrFloppy

Thanks for your update.

And here is a update driver Version 1.0.0.4
https://hotfile.com/dl/166117562/577bf76/TBS6280_dvbc_1.0.0.4.rar.html

>Are there any plans to add the DVB-C drivers to the driverdisc?
yea,of course,later we will add DVB-C drivers to the disc. :)

Kind Regards

steven
steven

Postby MrFloppy » Fri Aug 10, 2012 9:28 pm

Thanks for the quick reply, steven. What has been changed since the v1.0.0.3 - is there a version history or changelog? And one probably last question: The mentioned Cinergy card has something like a unified driver, containing both DVB-T and DVB-C and presenting PC-TV software with virtual devices for both standards at the same time (though obviously only one standard can be served at a time per tuner). Is somethinglike this planned for the TBS drivers, too?
MrFloppy

Postby steven » Thu Aug 16, 2012 10:46 am

Hi MrFloppy

Thanks for your advice,if we have enough time we will plan do this. :D

Kind Regards

steven
steven

Postby superman2012 » Fri Sep 14, 2012 2:45 pm

If I get 2 pieces of TBS 6280, can I use one card for DVB-T2 and another card for DVB-C inside the same PC?
Is it possible with current drivers? Thank you...
superman2012

Postby MrFloppy » Fri Sep 14, 2012 5:30 pm

I have not tested this setup, but it should be no problem, as you could select the DVB-T-drivers for one card and the DVB-C-drivers for the other. Works on other hardware and so should it here.
But as we're already on it: Would it be possible, too, with a 6284, to use both standards, as there seem to be two independent tuners. But the question is, how they are presented to the OS (as one quad-tuner or two dual-tuners)?
MrFloppy

Postby superman2012 » Fri Sep 14, 2012 8:46 pm

Can select drivers during installation?

If I install DVB-T2 drivers, it will be installed for both cards, right?
If I install DVB-C drivers after that, it will replace the DVB-T2 drivers with DVB-C drivers for both cards, right?

I have a TBS 6280, if I install DVB-C drivers after installing DVB-T2 drivers, I will lost the DVB-T2 functions.
So thinking of getting a second card but not sure can it be done...

I wish for a combined drivers too.
superman2012

Postby MrFloppy » Sat Sep 15, 2012 6:45 am

superman2012 Wrote:If I install DVB-C drivers after that, it will replace the DVB-T2 drivers with DVB-C drivers for both cards, right?
AFAIK the driver will only be replaced for the card you selected. That is -of course- only if you install the drivers manually.
Because otherwise you (most) probably won't be able to select a single card in an automated driver-installation (e.g. via a setup.exe), which might have the described effect of unintentionally "updating" the drivers for both cards.
MrFloppy

Postby steven » Sat Sep 15, 2012 10:35 am

Hi MrFloppy&superman2012

Sorry about this,We still have not found a good and simple way to combine the DVBT/T2 driver. any progress about the combined
driver we will give you a reply as soon as possible. :)

Kind Regards

steven
steven

Postby superman2012 » Sat Sep 15, 2012 1:48 pm

MrFloppy Wrote:AFAIK the driver will only be replaced for the card you selected. That is -of course- only if you install the drivers manually.
Because otherwise you (most) probably won't be able to select a single card in an automated driver-installation (e.g. via a setup.exe), which might have the described effect of unintentionally "updating" the drivers for both cards.

You mean install drivers with the windows device manager, right?
Need to wait for me to get my second card, hope it will work.
Or can steven or any TBS staff confirm about this?

But if with a 6280 card now, can I use DVB-T2 for tuner A and DVB-C for tuner B?
Not sure how to do since it is listed as a dual tuner device instead of A and B separate device in the device manager.

Thank you!
superman2012

Next

Return to Windows