Moderator Control Panel ]

TBS6280 unavailable after Resume From Sleep

Re: TBS6280 unavailable after Resume From Sleep

Postby Benedict » Thu May 02, 2013 4:26 pm

After a month of tinkering I seem to be able to manage this problem but there is still an underlying issue that causes the problem of Resume of Sleep to re-occur.

I've found that it doesn't matter which Nvidia driver I use - both 314.07 and 314.22 now work.
What matter's is *how* I install said driver. If I use the default install method for the Nvidia driver then all is well but if I use a custom installation and don't install the 3D driver software (which I don't use) or the Nvidia Update software then the problem will happen and the TBS card will disappear from Device Manager when I 'Resume from Sleep'.

I also found after a couple of weeks of problem free usage the problem re-occured (following a WIndows Update I think) but by completely uninstalling the Nvidia software and reinstalling it - all was fixed again.

That would *seem* to point the finger at my graphics card maybe in combination with the mobo but that would be too simplistic because the *only* device that disappears from Device Manager is the TBS 6280 card. This, in my opinion, makes TBS claims that the Sleep issue within their drivers is fixed - a premature claim.

TBS needs to talk to Nvidia about how this can happen - I will post on the geforce forums as well.
Benedict

Postby steven » Fri May 24, 2013 5:03 pm

Hi All

Please have a try with this new driver which solved this problem
https://hotfile.com/dl/224094198/1ccf26 ... 3.zip.html

Kind Regards

steven
steven

Postby Kiwi » Sat May 25, 2013 1:07 pm

steven Wrote:Hi All

Kind Regards

steven

Btw if you guys are to submit this set of drivers for Microsoft signing, be sure to first rename the device for the combined driver to "T2/T/C". I notice that while the display in Device Manager did show "T2/T/C" the display in the TV tuner software showed "T2/T" only.
TBS6285 is a bad card and TBS is a bad service company.

The CEO of TBS had better contact me to understand what happened.
Kiwi

Postby steven » Sat May 25, 2013 10:52 pm

Kiwi Wrote:

Kind Regards

steven

Btw if you guys are to submit this set of drivers for Microsoft signing, be sure to first rename the device for the combined driver to "T2/T/C". I notice that while the display in Device Manager did show "T2/T/C" the display in the TV tuner software showed "T2/T" only.

Hi Kiwi

Thanks for your feedback,This is because some soft need to check the tuner name ,and the tuner name just the same as DVB-T2.

Kind Regards

steven
steven

Postby CyberSimian » Mon May 27, 2013 4:54 pm

steven Wrote:Please have a try with this new driver which solved this problem

Is there going to be an equivalent fix for the TBS6284 card?

I have two TBS6284 cards, but I can use only one because the other disappears on wake from sleep when installed in the 1x PCI-E slot. Is the fix for the 6280 likely to fix this problem with the 6284 card? Thanks.

-- from CyberSimian in the UK
CyberSimian

Postby steven » Mon May 27, 2013 5:36 pm

CyberSimian Wrote:
steven Wrote:Please have a try with this new driver which solved this problem

Is there going to be an equivalent fix for the TBS6284 card?

I have two TBS6284 cards, but I can use only one because the other disappears on wake from sleep when installed in the 1x PCI-E slot. Is the fix for the 6280 likely to fix this problem with the 6284 card? Thanks.

Hi CyberSimian

Do you have changed TBS6284 to other slot ? what about the result ? Is it ok, TBS6284's driver has updated too, Do you have tested ?

Kind Regards

steven
steven

Postby CyberSimian » Tue May 28, 2013 3:43 am

steven Wrote:Do you have changed TBS6284 to other slot ? what about the result ? Is it ok, TBS6284's driver has updated too, Do you have tested ?

Apologies -- I had not noticed that the version 1.0.0.7 drivers for the TBS6284 have just been released. I will install the new drivers and re-install the second 6284 card and see if the wake-from-sleep problem is fixed. Thank you.

CyberSimian

Postby Kiwi » Tue May 28, 2013 1:12 pm

steven Wrote:
Kiwi Wrote:

Kind Regards

steven

Hi Kiwi

Thanks for your feedback,This is because some soft need to check the tuner name ,and the tuner name just the same as DVB-T2.

Kind Regards

steven

I see.

Anyway, I see that the download page has the drivers already. However, the link is wrong, pointing to the old 1.0.1.0. But I managed to download it by renaming the link to 1.0.1.1, but you will have to rename the link in case the other customers do not know. :)
TBS6285 is a bad card and TBS is a bad service company.

The CEO of TBS had better contact me to understand what happened.
Kiwi

Postby steven » Wed May 29, 2013 5:36 pm

Anyway, I see that the download page has the drivers already. However, the link is wrong, pointing to the old 1.0.1.0. But I managed to download it by renaming the link to 1.0.1.1, but you will have to rename the link in case the other customers do not know. :)

Hi Kiwi

Thanks for your mention ,we have updated this. :)

Kind Regards

steven
steven

Postby ghk » Thu May 30, 2013 2:08 am

Hi,

In my case the problem was not resolved although the BIOS changes appeared to make it occur less frequently. After a while I just decided to stop the PC going to sleep and forgot about it. Just checked back here yesterday and saw this new driver (1.0.1.1) should fix the problem. Well, I installed it, rebooted and then put the PC in sleep mode, but unfortunately when it resumed the card was missing once again from Device Manager.

Like I stated already my TBS 6981 has no problems with sleep while the TBS 6280 has all sorts of problems with it. According to this link the key difference between the cards appears to be that the TBS 6280 has a NXP7160 bridge while the TBS 6981 is a CX2388x based card. Is that why the TBS 6280 requires PCIe 1.0a support? I might contact ASRock to see if a BIOS update for the motherboard would do anything but for now I think I'll just turn off sleep mode once again.
ghk

PreviousNext

Return to Windows