Moderator Control Panel ]

Is it possible to either bring back the single DVB-C driver?

Is it possible to either bring back the single DVB-C driver?

Postby Kiwi » Fri Mar 28, 2014 2:48 pm

Hi there!

I wonder Is it possible to either bring back the single DVB-C driver for the 6280?

This is because I noticed that the DVB-C driver for the 6285 allowed me to use settings of QAM56/6875 to tune to a H.264 channel, which allows it to be displayed on screen.

With the combined T/T2/C driver for 6280, the channel will appear black with no audio. I tried the old DVB-C driver for 6280 to input the settings of QAM56/6875 and it could work too, thus requesting the newer driver.

Or if it's possible, can also try to write the combined driver differently, so that the signals for DVB-C are not mapped to the DVB-T device. Instead, I recommend that 2 virtual devices (one for DVB-T/T2 and the other for DVB-C) be maintained in the driver implementation.

Thanks in advance.
TBS6285 is a bad card and TBS is a bad service company.

The CEO of TBS had better contact me to understand what happened.
Kiwi

Re: Is it possible to either bring back the single DVB-C dri

Postby smile » Mon Mar 31, 2014 5:52 pm

hi Kiwi
we will updata the single dvb-c driver of the 6280 for you.
it is difficult that dvbt/t2 virtual into dvbc,because it can not input the bandwith for dvbt/t2.

Thanks.
smile

Re: Is it possible to either bring back the single DVB-C dri

Postby Kiwi » Tue Apr 01, 2014 9:08 am

smile Wrote:hi Kiwi
we will updata the single dvb-c driver of the 6280 for you.
it is difficult that dvbt/t2 virtual into dvbc,because it can not input the bandwith for dvbt/t2.

Thanks.

What I mean for the virtual device is that the drivers should not aim to map the DVB-C signals into DVB-T.

I do not mean to bring into example from other TV card manufacturer, but for example, BlackGold's drivers for their DVB-T/T2/C tuner cards create separate virtual/logical devices that can be seen by BDA-compliant tuner programs. Hence their device will have a logical device for DVB-T/T2 and another logical device for DVB-C.

Hope that helps in your understanding. :)
TBS6285 is a bad card and TBS is a bad service company.

The CEO of TBS had better contact me to understand what happened.
Kiwi

Return to Windows