Moderator Control Panel ]

What Is The Combined Windows Driver

What Is The Combined Windows Driver

Postby Javaman » Sat Feb 28, 2015 7:21 pm

Hi,
I have recently installed a TBS6280 card in my computer and went to the website to download the latest windows driver but was confronted with two options, the windows driver or widows combined driver. Could someone tell me what the difference is and which driver I need.
Also, the pcie x1 slot is covered by my graphics card in my preferred computer. I am considering installing the card in the pcie x4 slot. The slot is described in the Gigabyte Z97X manual as PCI Express x16 running at x4 and conforming to PCI express 2.0 standard. It is a much longer slot than the contacts on the card require but I assumed it should work and is backwards compatible with the much fewer set of contacts on the card itself.Any advice greatly appreciated.
Javaman

Re: What Is The Combined Windows Driver

Postby smile » Mon Mar 02, 2015 3:41 pm

Hi,
The windows driver just support the DVB-T2/T,and The windows combined driver support the DVB-C and DVB-T2/T.
if you just want to use the DVB-T/T2 function,you can install the windows driver.if you want to support all of those mode,install the windows combined driver.

Thanks
Best Wishes
smile

Re: What Is The Combined Windows Driver

Postby Javaman » Mon Mar 02, 2015 9:12 pm

Thank you very much for your response. I downloaded the Windows drivers and the card is working perfectly with WMC. I'm very pleased with it
Javaman

Return to Windows