Moderator Control Panel ]

Losing channels

Losing channels

Postby tman » Mon Oct 12, 2015 12:41 am

I think I need a definitive answer on this one is possible.

I've been using a 6280 tuner in my Windows 7 Media Center for the latest 3 years. When I first installed it, it would detect and tune to all channels without problem. In the last year or so, I've noticed more and more channels that it either won't detect now, shows a 'Weak Signal' message or I get picture breakup. All other DVB-T/2 TV's in the house work perfectly, so it's not a reception problem. I've reset/re-scanned Media Center, but it doesn't change the problem.

My suspicions are that, with the MUX changes that have been going on in the UK over the last 18 months, the 6280 hardware is just incapable of handling the changes. I've noticed that I can't receive most channels on the COM7 MUX (MPEG-4/256-QAM) including BBC 4 HD. I've tried various drivers, but no difference. With further planned changes to increase the number of MUX's I can just imagine that I'll actually receive less and less channels as time goes on.

So, is it an unfix-able hardware limitation, or can it be resolved with a driver update?
tman

Return to Windows