Moderator Control Panel ]

How do I 'switch' the driver into T2 mode

Re: How do I 'switch' the driver into T2 mode

Postby okbet » Fri Dec 09, 2011 11:44 am

Hi All, we are not ignoring your requests. The combined T/T2 driver is in schedule and ETA is Jan. of 2012. Please wait for one more month.
okbet

Postby stever » Fri Dec 09, 2011 9:24 pm

thank you for the extra information. much appreciated.

Steve.
stever

Postby manaesh » Tue Jan 17, 2012 12:36 am

Hi

Any more news on the combined driver? i have had this card for almost 5 months with no dvb-s & s2 support.....

Please?????????????????????????
manaesh

Postby grandmastermarclar » Tue Jan 24, 2012 5:27 am

I also cannot consider purchasing this card until DVB-T & DVB-T2 switching is 100% transparent to the user - my wife.

I've been after a linux-supported combined card like this for almost a year and it's so frustrating. After months of waiting and indications it'll be available THIS MONTH, it would be appreciated if we could have some clue that we haven't got to ditch the idea entirely.
grandmastermarclar

Postby manaesh » Thu Jan 26, 2012 8:25 am

Hi Okbet

Is there any more info on the combined drivers now ?

I have had the 6280 card for almost 5 months - and wasted $300 on it waiting for the drivers.

Can i return the cards to TBS for a refund? The UK distributor understandably does not want to give me my money back!

Or prehaps there will be no activity on this thread for another 5 months. Really bad service from TBS... :(
manaesh

Postby bergqvistjl » Fri Jan 27, 2012 5:32 pm

Yes, it would be good to get an update :) (luckily for me, the area i'm in now, Freeview HD doesnt start until the end of March).
bergqvistjl

Postby stever » Fri Feb 03, 2012 11:37 pm

So much for January!

thanks for the vapourware.

This really sucks.

Lying to customers is not good customer service.

Steve.
stever

Postby grandmastermarclar » Sun Feb 05, 2012 11:00 pm

Couldn't have put it better myself. Not even so much as a status report!

TBS = Terrible Bloody Service... I could think of worse and, sadly, more accurate. Come on, do yourselves a favour!? Me thinks it'll be quicker to reverse engineer.
grandmastermarclar

Postby timmydog » Fri Feb 10, 2012 10:24 pm

I do have some sympathy for the developers; I develop software and I know that estimates are almost always optimistic.

However, one thing that I have learned over the years is that a small amount of info on how the work is progressing goes a long way to reassuring the customers, even if it's something like "we've hit some problems that are going to put us back a few weeks"; at least they know that something is happening.

So how about it then - any info as to how it's going?

Tim
timmydog

Postby warumnix » Tue Feb 14, 2012 9:28 am

Hi All,

the driver is finally released, sorry for keeping you waiting for a long time.

@ grandmastermarclar:
we are always trying our best to help the users who are experiencing technical issue, however, the forum is not a pure TBS support forum, it is more like a platform for users to discuss, so we kindly recommend that if you have any problems, the most efficient way is to email support@tbsdtv.com and euro_support@tbsdtv.com, some of the users do this parallel - on one hand post in the forum and on the other hand write to support/euro_support, when you do it this way, please, share your solutions with other users in the forum who might have the same issue, thanks.

@ timmydog:
thanks for your kind understanding, it is exactly like what you said about the development work, it is never easy.

http://www.tbsdtv.com/download/
warumnix

PreviousNext

Return to Linux