Moderator Control Panel ]

TBS6928 CI- issue

TBS6928 CI- issue

Postby Fjodor » Sat Jan 14, 2012 11:35 pm

After some experience with this card I discovered that the CI adapter does not work properly with some CAM’s. The Astoncrypt for example works but every five to ten minutes a short freeze of halve a second occurs and a small part of the picture is lost. This is actually quite annoying. The CAM of Dutch Canaldigitaal and TVVlaanderen works better but is not totally free of glitches. Sometimes a sharp noise similar to the one in case of poor signal is produced with some picture blockings at the same time. All this does NOT happen when watching or recording FTA (unencrypted) channels. Consequently, it is reasonable to think that there is something wrong with the card or its driver. The fore mentioned CAM’s do work flawlessly with another dvb card I have. Maybe the next driver update will bring solace but in the meantime for me this is a FTA only card. Today the picture went even completely black with the cam inserted....
Fjodor

Re: TBS6928 CI- issue

Postby emesix » Sat Mar 10, 2012 10:48 pm

Hi there

I have been to Cebit today and talk with somebody from TBS.
He said we dutch people need to complain with email forums are only for users :)
So mail your logfile to there support :)

Vincent
emesix

Re: TBS6928 CI- issue

Postby dvb91 » Thu Feb 07, 2013 4:17 am

Thanks a lot for the tips, I will send a mail.

Regards.
Karim
dvb91

Return to Linux