Moderator Control Panel ]

Is damaged my card?

Re: Is damaged my card?

Postby SergioDanielG » Mon Jun 02, 2014 8:48 am

Hi Anyeos.
You can check your lnb. Tune to any transponder, then put your hand in from of your lnb and verify if signal change, if increase signal, lnb is ok.
Check voltage from your card too. Tune to a vertical transponder and check if voltage is at 13V. Same with a horizontal transponder(18v).
Regards.
SergioDanielG

Postby Anyeos » Tue May 19, 2020 9:25 am

Hi, I'm now near Bahia Blanca and continue trying to reach a satellite without success. I have a new LNBf but the card is still not working. I think it is really damaged. I am trying to reach Arsat 2 now.
I am using the new dvbv5-scan software and kernel 5.4 with the board firmware downloaded from the vendor.
My console output is:
Code: Select All Code
Using LNBf EXTENDED
   Astra 19.2E, European Universal Ku (extended)
   Freqs     : 10700 to 11700 MHz, LO: 9750 MHz
   Freqs     : 11700 to 12750 MHz, LO: 10600 MHz
ERROR    command BANDWIDTH_HZ (5) not found during retrieve
Cannot calc frequency shift. Either bandwidth/symbol-rate is unavailable (yet).
Scanning frequency #1 11639000
       (0x00) Signal= 75.10% C/N= 0.00% UCB= 0 postBER= 0

It is still not receiving anything so I think the card is damaged.

I buyed this card when I was in Venezuela from the year 2010. I buyed that card from Amazon. The card have a little use. Really I never got it working to give it some use. So I think it comes damaged from factory. I don't receive anything and there are no signal at all. It appears as if the wires inside of the RF section are cuted.
When I look at the board it looks realy clean, as new, nothing strange to consider. So there are no evident physical problems as I can look.

I have no other receiver but an SM-BOX SM2 that is not a good receptor but I don't have the remote control so I am stuck with that (my sister forgetted the remote control in Cordoba).

The RG6 wire is now more short (less signal loss). It have two crimped connectors so there are no manner of RF loss. And it is a white one (the ones used for DirecTV).
I have a DirecTV receiver too but I still don't used it in any place (it is in the box). I will try with the DirecTV kit and next I will try to make a scan with my card. I don't know what more to test and I have no more things for the purpose.

Note:
When I don't connect anything the lnb neither a wire, turn off the computer and next turn on. The card always exposes 75.10% of signal. Always, regardless of what I am doing. I don't know if that is some noise from the inside of the board itself or if that is a default value or whatelse.
When I connect a wire and an LNB, the card continues saying 75.10%. There are no variation of that regardless of what I am doing (pointing the antenna or not).

The last put me to think that the card is not working.

That is because I cannot check putting my hand or something between the LNB and the dish. I have no measure of signal at all it always exposes 75.10%.

Note2:
I already installed some DirecTV dishes in the past and I never had a problem. What I mean is that I know how to do that. But I'm failing to receive FTA signal with this card.

Note3: As noted before I have a 90cm dish, so it is strong enought to receive something. I will test the DirecTV kit with this dish to be sure it is working and next I will try to scan with my card. That is the next test that I will try to do.

Note4: I have a lot, really a lot (more than 60) satellites on the sky from where I am. It will be impossible to not receive anything so there are no excuse for my card, lol.
Anyeos

Postby Anyeos » Thu May 21, 2020 6:19 am

I tested with DirecTV and it works. But my card still does not receive anything (same wire, same LNB, same dish, same sat where DirecTV receive signal, Galaxy3C).
Anyeos

Postby steven » Thu May 21, 2020 9:39 am

Hi Sir

For the DirectTV is it turbo_8psk ? as for 6920 do not support this ,do you have checked 6920 with normal DVB-S/S2 signal ?

Thanks

Kind Regards

steven
steven

Postby Anyeos » Thu May 21, 2020 9:47 am

Thank you for your reply. Yes I have checked with DVB-S and S2 from "supposedly" the Galaxy3C. This sat have both kind of signals the one that uses DirecTV and the DVB-S from other transponders.
I used the DirecTV receiver to point to some satellite to be sure that it is pointed correctly. Because my card does not show anything so I needed some kind of meter.

Later I checked with szap for some specific transponder to have some kind of measuring coming from my card, but without success at all.

Next I will try to acquire a FTA sat box and I will can be sure if it is my card that is not working. But for now there are not good sat box on the market of my country. I will pay attention for some offers but it will take time.
Anyeos

Previous

Return to Linux