Moderator Control Panel ]

Wrong Version Date For 1.0.0.3 Driver

Wrong Version Date For 1.0.0.3 Driver

Postby CyberSimian » Sat May 12, 2012 5:44 pm

I have just installed the new version 1.0.0.3 driver, and I noticed that the driver version date contained in the INF file appears to be incorrect. The INF file contains "04/16/2011", which is earlier than the version date for the 1.0.0.2 driver ("11/10/2011"). The date of the "tbs6284.sys" file is "04/16/2012", so it looks as though someone forgot to update the year in the INF file.

The version date in the INF file is the date displayed to end users in the TBS6284 "Driver Properties" panel of "Device Manager", so an incorrect version date may confuse end users if they are not sure which version to use.

Does a wrong version date in the INF file have any adverse effect? If Windows has a choice of two drivers for a particular device, which driver does it choose -- the one with the highest version number, or the one with the newest version date? I did some testing last week after installing driver 1.0.0.3. During the testing, I uninstalled and re-installed the TBS6284 card. On re-installation of the card, Vista picked the 1.0.0.2 driver from its driver database, and not the version 1.0.0.3 driver. Was this caused by the incorrect date in the 1.0.0.3 INF file? I did not repeat this, so my observation is only tentative.

I looked only at the driver for the TBS6284. Since drivers for the other DVB-T2 cards were released at the same time, they might have a similar problem with the version date.

-- from Cyber "Eagle-Eyes" Simian in the UK
CyberSimian

Re: Wrong Version Date For 1.0.0.3 Driver

Postby steven » Mon May 14, 2012 3:53 pm

Hi CyberSimian

Thanks you very much for finding this probblem. :)
Next version,we will fix this problem.

Thanks again for your help.

Kind Regards
steven

Return to Windows