Moderator Control Panel ]

New Desgined TBSViewer is ready now....

New Desgined TBSViewer is ready now....

Postby steven » Wed Jul 18, 2012 9:53 am

Hi All

Many thanks to DVBViewer who has made a new version of TBSViewer now, :D
before released the new version we need more test,
is there anyone who want to test with the new version.

The new version added OSD,more easy to use,get our twitter information by TBSViewer and so on,
Just let you to enjoy it.

Here is the new test version;
https://hotfile.com/dl/163464220/95ab6a7/TBSViewer-20120716setup.zip.html

we will appreciate if you can send the report here or send the PM message to me. :)

Thanks

Regards

steven
steven

Re: New Desgined TBSViewer is ready now....

Postby CyberSimian » Mon Aug 13, 2012 4:25 pm

Bug in Re-ordering Favourites List

(1) Watch live TV fullscreen. Right-click the TV screen, left-click "Options", and then left-click the "Favourites" tab.

(2) In the list of favourite channels, left-click the channel to be moved towards the top of the list. The channel selected in highlighted in blue.

(3) Left-click the "Up" button. The channel selected moves up one line.

(4) Left-click the "Up" button again, to move the channel up another line. The channel moves down one line(!!!).

(5) Repeated left-clicking of the "Up" button merely causes the selected channel to oscillate up and down around its original position in the list; the selected channel never reaches the top of the list.

-- from CyberSimian in the UK
CyberSimian

Postby steven » Tue Aug 14, 2012 11:38 am

Hi CyberSimian

Thank you very much for your test report.
We will report this to DVBViewer as soon as possible.
any progress we will let you know as soon as possible too. :)

Kind Regards

steven
steven

Postby steven » Thu Aug 16, 2012 9:17 am

Hi CyberSimian

DVBViewer have made a update version ,would you mind using this new
version to have a test. :)
https://hotfile.com/dl/167236946/03eb8a6/TBSViewer-v20120816.zip.html

and send your test report here. :D

Kind Regards

steven
steven

Postby CyberSimian » Fri Aug 17, 2012 6:10 pm

steven Wrote:DVBViewer have made a update version ,would you mind using this new
version to have a test. :)
https://hotfile.com/dl/167236946/03eb8a6/TBSViewer-v20120816.zip.html

I have installed the new version (20120816), and am pleased to report that the problem with the Up/Down buttons on the "Favourites" panel is now fixed. Well done!

CyberSimian

Postby CyberSimian » Sat Aug 18, 2012 1:16 am

High-Definition Channels in Grid EPG

(To see the grid EPG, press the "E" button on the keyboard when watching live TV.)

I have 46 TV channels in my favourites list, of which 4 are high-definition channels (DVB-T2). However, the EPG shows only 44 channels -- 2 of the high-def channels are missing ("BBC1 HD" and "ITV1 HD").

Furthermore, the EPG for the 2 high-def channels that are present ("BBC HD" and "Channel 4 HD") are about 95% empty, with only the occasional programme showing in the EPG. The EPG for the standard-def channels seems to be fully populated.

As I understand it, in the UK the EPG that is transmitted in the DVB-T2 MUX is sent in an encoded form, and manufacturers are given the software to decode the EPG only if they agree to the digital rights management conditions relating to recording TV programmes. So:

(1) If DVBviewer (as originator of TBSviewer) has the decoding software, there is a bug in its processing -- 2 channels are missing, and the other 2 channels are 95% empty.

(2) If DVBviewer does not have the decoding software, there seems to be little value in showing any of the high-def channels in the EPG.

DVBviewer does have information about the different transmitters in the UK, so I would expect DVBviewer to know about the encoded EPG in the DVB-T2 MUX, and take appropriate action for the UK. (DVB-T2 MUXes in other countries may not have this problem with an encoded EPG.)

CyberSimian

Postby crazycat » Sat Aug 18, 2012 8:50 am

encoded EPG ?:) some new :) but TV stay FTA ?:)
crazycat

Postby CyberSimian » Sat Aug 18, 2012 4:19 pm

crazycat Wrote:encoded EPG ? but TV stay FTA ?:)

Yes, the TV programmes in the Freeview DVB-T2 MUX in the UK are not encoded and can be watched without restriction, but the EPG transmitted in the DVB-T2 MUX is encoded (at least, that is my understanding).

CyberSimian

Postby CyberSimian » Fri Aug 24, 2012 4:25 pm

CyberSimian Wrote:High-Definition Channels in Grid EPG

I have 46 TV channels in my favourites list, of which 4 are high-definition channels (DVB-T2). However, the EPG shows only 44 channels -- 2 of the high-def channels are missing ("BBC1 HD" and "ITV1 HD").

Furthermore, the EPG for the 2 high-def channels that are present ("BBC HD" and "Channel 4 HD") are about 95% empty, with only the occasional programme showing in the EPG. The EPG for the standard-def channels seems to be fully populated.

I used TBSviewer again yesterday, but this time all 4 of the high-definition channels were present in the EPG. However, all of them were around 95% empty. I do not know what processing the TBSviewer EPG software does, but I would speculate that the software omits a channel from the EPG if there is no data for it (i.e. the EPG for the channel is 100% empty), and that the % empty varies from day to day (hence the channels omitted vary from day to day)

In a previous post, I also suggested that if the EPG for the high-def channels could not be obtained, the high-def channels should be omitted from the EPG. On reflection there is some value in including them, since one can use the EPG to select a high-def channel to view, even if the EPG for it is empty. So I think that an alternative solution would be to include the high-def channels in the EPG, but to show in the EPG something like the words "EPG not available for this channel". This would make it clear that the lack of EPG is not a bug in the software.

Of course, the best solution would be to obtain the software that decodes the EPG in the UK DVB-T2 MUX.

CyberSimian

Postby grapefruit » Wed Oct 31, 2012 9:30 am

Why the download section never update with latest version?
grapefruit

Next

Return to Windows