Moderator Control Panel ]

TBS6285 quad dvb-c

TBS6285 quad dvb-c

Postby paerola » Tue Oct 01, 2013 2:44 am

Hi. I have sent my questions before to tbsdtv technical support but I didn't receive any answers. Perhaps there are someone on the forum who can answer them.

I am Interested in a quad dvb-c tuner card. I have read on your driver download page that TBS6285 has dvb-c drivers. Can I use TBS6285 as a quad dvb-c card even if it is sold as a dvb-t/t2 card? In the picture of TBS6285 on the BuyDVB Online Store I can see the it says DVB-T2/T/C.

There are two f-connectors on the card. Is it two incoming connectors or one incoming and one outgoing connector? What I am trying to ask is if you can connect only one antenna cable, coming from the wall outlet, to the card and then be able to use all for four tuners?

Is the card compatible with MediaPortal in Windows 8 64-bit in dvb-c mode?
paerola

Re: TBS6285 quad dvb-c

Postby Kiwi » Wed Oct 02, 2013 7:35 pm

paerola Wrote:Hi. I have sent my questions before to tbsdtv technical support but I didn't receive any answers. Perhaps there are someone on the forum who can answer them.

I am Interested in a quad dvb-c tuner card. I have read on your driver download page that TBS6285 has dvb-c drivers. Can I use TBS6285 as a quad dvb-c card even if it is sold as a dvb-t/t2 card? In the picture of TBS6285 on the BuyDVB Online Store I can see the it says DVB-T2/T/C.

There are two f-connectors on the card. Is it two incoming connectors or one incoming and one outgoing connector? What I am trying to ask is if you can connect only one antenna cable, coming from the wall outlet, to the card and then be able to use all for four tuners?

Is the card compatible with MediaPortal in Windows 8 64-bit in dvb-c mode?

Yes this card supports DVB-C. U can check that the drivers for DVB-C exist here:
http://www.tbsdtv.com/download/

As for the two connectors, I also want to know too.
TBS6285 is a bad card and TBS is a bad service company.

The CEO of TBS had better contact me to understand what happened.
Kiwi

Postby steven » Wed Oct 02, 2013 10:20 pm

Hi

For the TBS6285's DVBC driver you can get it on our download page:
http://www.tbsdtv.com/download/document ... .0.0.3.zip

And for the for the two connectors
One is the input for Tuner A B , Tuner C and D
The other is loop out.

Thanks

Kind Regards

steven
steven

Postby paerola » Wed Oct 02, 2013 11:45 pm

Thanks for the information. To bad it is two incoming connectors. I can't split the cable from the wall outlet because then I get bad signal. Have tested this before with another tv card. I had hoped it was one incoming connector and one outgoing connector. Then I have to wait until Black Gold BGT3650 comes back in stock if it ever does!?
paerola

Postby steven » Fri Oct 04, 2013 4:18 pm

Hi

Sorry that i misunderstand the TBS6285's port, Just confirm with our hardware department ,TBS6285 only
need one input for 4 tuners, the other is the loop out port.

Thanks

Kind Regards

steven
steven

Postby grapefruit » Tue Oct 22, 2013 2:49 pm

Actually, I prefer to have 2 separate inputs so that I can have 1 input(tuner A and B) for DVB-T/T2 and another input(tuner C and D) for DVB-C.
Combining both signals into 1 input really screw thing up for me with missing DVB-T channels.

Anyway, when can I buy 6281?
I want to buy together with 6285.

Thank you........
grapefruit

Return to Windows