Moderator Control Panel ]

NextPVR seems not to switch to LNB 2, 3 and 4.

NextPVR seems not to switch to LNB 2, 3 and 4.

Postby richardmf » Mon Jun 20, 2016 3:35 am

Hi,

I am moving away from Windows Media Center (WMC) and I am currently testing several alternatives. So far, my preference goes to NextPVR.

My HTPC uses a TBS6991 with the latest 1.0.0.6 BDA drivers on Windows 7.

My dish, a Technisat Multytenne Twin, uses DiSEqC 1.0 to switch between four satellites.

In WMC, I can access channels on all four satellites.

With NextPVR, the first satellite on LNB1 is scanned quickly and yields many channels. LNB2, LNB3 and LNB4 only yield a few channels. These channels are also from the satellite on LNB1. It seems that NextPVR was not capable to send the correct DiSEqC command to the dish.

Obviously, NextPVR has some code-changing to do. But I want to know if the TBS-specific DiSEqC interface is documented well enough for NextPVR to command the the dish as it appears that the BDA interface does not define a clear unified method for sending commands.

Or maybe it has something to do with the DiSEqC version or my TechniSat blocking the command? Not likely, I think, because it works under WMC.

It would be helpful if TBS could get in contact with NextPVR to provide a solution.

Any feedback on this issue is greatly appreciated!
richardmf

Re: NextPVR seems not to switch to LNB 2, 3 and 4.

Postby crazycat » Mon Jun 20, 2016 4:49 am

TBS BDA driver support Microsoft DiseqC interface (introduced in Win7 for WMC).
Also available vendor-specific inteface for advanced DiseqC/Unicable control, see TBS SDK in downloads.
crazycat

Return to Windows