Moderator Control Panel ]

DVB-C scan always gives "tuning failed" with TBS5880

DVB-C scan always gives "tuning failed" with TBS5880

Postby snicke » Tue Aug 27, 2013 5:07 am

To TBSDTV support:

Hi,

I bought the TBS5880 card since I thought it was nice that it should be able to handle both DVB-T and DVB-C. But the DVB-C tuner is not working with the DVBLogic software DVBLink TVSource. The only reason I bought the TBS5880 was since it is stated that it is supported by DVBLogic software. But a DVB-C scan always gives "tuning failed" in TVSource.

All the information you need to help me out is found in this thread: http://forum.dvblogic.com/viewtopic.php?f=56&t=25969 and I assume that you are really interested in that your product works with relevant software. The support contact "Oberon" at the DVBLogic forum thinks it's a driver issue and indeed its odd that only a DVB-T card shows up in Windows Device Manager and the TVSource software. Maybe that is a clue to the solution. Your competitor Anysee's drivers shows two tuners in TVSource that seems more logical and it is also working. One problem is that "Oberon" at DVBLogic support doesn't have any TBS5880 card (even if DVBLogic is stating that your products are supported by their software). Could you please send him a card and work with him to sort this issue out since it would be good for you if your card is working with TVSource and equally bad if it doesn't, which is the current situation. Right now I'm really disappointed with both the TBS5880 card and the DVBLogic software.

I think it is odd that the TBS5880 support threads are placed under "DVB-T2 TV Tuner USB". Are you not prioritizing the DVB-C functionality of the card?

Thanks.
snicke

Re: DVB-C scan always gives "tuning failed" with TBS5880

Postby snicke » Mon Sep 09, 2013 3:11 am

Any progress?
snicke

Re: DVB-C scan always gives "tuning failed" with TBS5880

Postby EnoSat » Tue Sep 10, 2013 12:29 am

problem in SW , my 5880 work ok with combine driver T-C ,
use smal trick in my AltDVB:
1, if start on DVB-C channel work as DVB-C tuner
2, if start on DVB-T channel work as DVB-T/T2 tuner