Moderator Control Panel ]

Slow and failing channel switching

Slow and failing channel switching

Postby georgir » Sat Dec 19, 2015 5:36 am

Hello,

I bought a tbs5881 recently, so far only tried to use it for dvb-c non-encrypted, and it is not working well at all. When switching between channels on different transponders, it very often fails and returns no signal. But it is random, sometimes it works and sometimes it doesn't. Seems that it can happen even during the channel scan, so each scan has a good chance of missing some frequencies.
I tested with dvbdream, mediaportal, dvbviewer and tbsviewer and all show the problem so it doesn't seem software related. It doesn't seem any of those programs has any decent error logging or reporting to help with the diagnostic and debugging too or if it does I don't know where.

Not sure if it's related or not, but anyway - the tuner warms up quite noticeably, even when not being used, or even with the computer turned off, as long as the tuner's power adapter is plugged in.

Does anyone else have similar issues? Is my device defective or is it a driver problem? Should I hope that it'll be resolved in the future? I'm not sure what to do. I wrote a review/question about this issue on the site that I bought it from, buydvb.net, and also posted on the contact form on the tbsdtv.com site quite a while ago now, and they neither posted my review nor even acknowledged getting my messages, is there some other way to go about getting support about this?

Even if I wanted to return it now, the price of the international shipping is half the price of the device itself and I don't suppose that's refundable, more likely they'll just ask me to pay it again for return shipping, if they respond at all... so I feel really ripped off right now. I'm hoping someone here can give me some hope or ideas what to do.
georgir

Re: Slow and failing channel switching

Postby startv » Tue Sep 13, 2016 9:56 am

georgir Wrote:Hello,

I bought a tbs5881 recently, so far only tried to use it for dvb-c non-encrypted, and it is not working well at all. When switching between channels on different transponders, it very often fails and returns no signal. But it is random, sometimes it works and sometimes it doesn't. Seems that it can happen even during the channel scan, so each scan has a good chance of missing some frequencies.
I tested with dvbdream, mediaportal, dvbviewer and tbsviewer and all show the problem so it doesn't seem software related. It doesn't seem any of those programs has any decent error logging or reporting to help with the diagnostic and debugging too or if it does I don't know where.

Not sure if it's related or not, but anyway - the tuner warms up quite noticeably, even when not being used, or even with the computer turned off, as long as the tuner's power adapter is plugged in.

Does anyone else have similar issues? Is my device defective or is it a driver problem? Should I hope that it'll be resolved in the future? I'm not sure what to do. I wrote a review/question about this issue on the site that I bought it from, buydvb.net, and also posted on the contact form on the tbsdtv.com site quite a while ago now, and they neither posted my review nor even acknowledged getting my messages, is there some other way to go about getting support about this?

Even if I wanted to return it now, the price of the international shipping is half the price of the device itself and I don't suppose that's refundable, more likely they'll just ask me to pay it again for return shipping, if they respond at all... so I feel really ripped off right now. I'm hoping someone here can give me some hope or ideas what to do.

Yes,I had the same issue,I brought it two years ago ,this issue always be.
startv

Return to Windows