Moderator Control Panel ]

Good News,Open source code for TBS Card has been released

News and information about TBS products.

Re: Good News,Open source code for TBS Card has been release

Postby oldcodger » Wed Aug 03, 2016 8:44 pm

Newtman Wrote:Hello,
I just installed the drivers, it detect my TBS922SE and work well (better than TBS driver) and my ISDB-Tb dongle correctly but doesn't detect my TBS6221, exactly than crazycat's branch.
Are you planing support TBS6221? I'm DVB-C Annex B (J.83-B) user.
A friend who have got TBS5881 and use for Annex B too was working with crazycat to get the correct support for our standard. I don't know if they found solution yet.

Thanks

Hello,

You've said the new open source version works well with your 'TBS922SE'... do you mean 'TBS5922SE', (i.e. with a numeric '5' in front of the first '9')???

I ask because I also have a TBS5922SE but I'm unsure whether to try this new open source version as it's specifically EXCLUDED from the list in the first post in this thread by Steven.

In other words, are you saying you have the same device as myself, (a TBS 5922SE), and this version works and allows other devices??? (I also have a USB dvb dongle which stops working when I try and use my TBS 5922SE with the old drivers)???

Thanks/Regards
Andy
oldcodger

Postby oldcodger » Thu Aug 04, 2016 12:26 am

OK! Just as a matter of interest I went ahead anyway and tried to compile this version of the open source drivers and it failed with...

/home/andy/tbsdriver/media_build/v4l/si2168.c: In function 'si2168_select':
/home/andy/tbsdriver/media_build/v4l/si2168.c:724:30: error: implicit declaration of function 'i2c_mux_priv' [-Werror=implicit-function-declaration]
struct i2c_client *client = i2c_mux_priv(muxc);

There are a few other errors and warning, eventually finishing with...

/home/andy/tbsdriver/media_build/v4l/si2168.c: In function 'si2168_remove':
/home/andy/tbsdriver/media_build/v4l/si2168.c:861:2: error: implicit declaration of function 'i2c_mux_del_adapters' [-Werror=implicit-function-declaration]
i2c_mux_del_adapters(dev->muxc);
^
cc1: some warnings being treated as errors
scripts/Makefile.build:264: recipe for target '/home/andy/tbsdriver/media_build/v4l/si2168.o' failed
make[3]: *** [/home/andy/tbsdriver/media_build/v4l/si2168.o] Error 1
make[3]: *** Waiting for unfinished jobs....
Makefile:1403: recipe for target '_module_/home/andy/tbsdriver/media_build/v4l' failed
make[2]: *** [_module_/home/andy/tbsdriver/media_build/v4l] Error 2
make[2]: Leaving directory '/usr/src/linux-headers-4.4.0-31-generic'
Makefile:51: recipe for target 'default' failed
make[1]: *** [default] Error 2
make[1]: Leaving directory '/home/andy/tbsdriver/media_build/v4l'
Makefile:26: recipe for target 'all' failed
make: *** [all] Error 2

I'm just passing this on in case it's useful for anyone. I'll just have to wait for the driver to be updated I suppose. :)

Andy
oldcodger

Postby zhangchao » Thu Aug 04, 2016 2:47 pm

hi ,

please add "#include <linux/i2c-mux.h>" in si2168.c where after the line #include "si2168_priv.h" .

best regards!
zhangchao

Postby oldcodger » Thu Aug 04, 2016 10:15 pm

zhangchao Wrote:hi ,

please add "#include <linux/i2c-mux.h>" in si2168.c where after the line #include "si2168_priv.h" .

best regards!

Thanks for that but, interestingly, in the meantime I'd already managed to get the driver to compile without doing the modification detailed above. I'm not sure what the difference was that time but, anyway, the device is now working when I reboot :)

That's good but I had it working before with the previous driver and the whole POINT of this exercise was to get it working with other devices at the same time.

If I reboot with the current drivers and the TBS5922SE plugged in it works fine. If I reboot with the current drivers and the other device, (an RTL 2832 based USB stick), THAT works fine... but if I reboot with BOTH of them plugged in, (which was the aim of this exercise, don't forget), the other device works fine BUT the TBS STOPS working :(

The message on the boot screen that displays with both devices plugged in is:-

frame_vector: exports duplicate symbol frame_vector_create (owned by kernel)

There's also some other stuff above that about the fact it's an experimental version of the media stack because it's backported but that comes up anyway even if I've only got the TBS plugged in... the frame vector message is the difference with both devices plugged in.

Strangely, if I run 'dmesg | grep dvb' it finds both devices and it ALSO lists them as available in Tvheadend but the little green 'tuning' light doesn't come on the TBS and, as I say, it doesn't display any channels.

Do you think the modification you've mentioned above would change anything or was that just a quick fix for the si2168 device?

Edit: Sorry, I forgot to mention, the output from dmesg | grep dvb is...

Code: Select All Code
[   24.426944] usb 2-2: dvb_usb_v2: found a 'Dexatek DK DVB-T Dongle' in warm state
[   24.458312] usb 2-2: dvb_usb_v2: will pass the complete MPEG2 transport stream to the software demuxer
[   24.459034] dvb_create_media_entity: media entity 'dvb-demux' registered.
[   24.773964] dvb_create_media_entity: media entity 'Realtek RTL2832 (DVB-T)' registered.
[   25.666215] dvb-usb: found a 'TBS 5922SE DVBS2 USB2.0' in cold state, will try to load a firmware
[   26.017479] rc rc1: lirc_dev: driver ir-lirc-codec (dvb_usb_rtl28xxu) registered at minor = 1
[   26.017489] usb 2-2: dvb_usb_v2: schedule remote query interval to 200 msecs
[   26.025799] usb 2-2: dvb_usb_v2: 'Dexatek DK DVB-T Dongle' successfully initialized and connected
[   26.025899] usbcore: registered new interface driver dvb_usb_rtl28xxu
[   26.244691] dvb-usb: downloading firmware from file 'dvb-usb-tbsqbox-id5923.fw'
[   26.364043] dvb-usb: found a 'TBS 5922SE DVBS2 USB2.0' in warm state.
[   26.364263] dvb-usb: will pass the complete MPEG2 transport stream to the software demuxer.
[   26.463820] dvb-usb: MAC address: 00:22:ab:c0:38:a0
[   26.464485] dvb_create_media_entity: media entity 'dvb-demux' registered.
[   26.745088] dvb_create_media_entity: media entity 'Tmax TAS2101' registered.
[   26.748865] dvb-usb: schedule remote query interval to 150 msecs.
[   26.748871] dvb-usb: TBS 5922SE DVBS2 USB2.0 successfully initialized and connected.

It seems to have to create ANOTHER device and actually appears in Tvheadend or whatever, as a Tmax TAS2101, as you can see.
oldcodger

Postby oldcodger » Thu Aug 04, 2016 11:11 pm

I think we're making some headway :)

I'e just 'switched off' Tvheadend, (killed the process IOW), and run Kaffeine, the digital TV feature and that finds both devices BUT it will only use one at a time.

So if I switch to an HD channel only available on the TBS the little green light comes on and I can watch the TV. It works well with a good picture.

And if I switch to a channel I KNOW is on the RTL USB stick THAT works well BUT the little green tuning light goes off.

IOW I'm in almost exactly the same position s I was of being able to watch TV but I STILL can't watch one channel from one device and record another using Tvheadend, Mythtv or whatever.

I assume this comes back to the frame buffer message, IOW the kernel is grabbing it for whichever device wants to use it but then won't allow another device to use it as well.
oldcodger

Postby oldcodger » Fri Aug 05, 2016 9:18 pm

Hi,

I recompiled with the si2168.c modification you gave and it seemed to be the same :(... BUT I then tried switching off the Tvheadend daemon, (killed the process), and tried Kaffeine and that COULD record from the two devices at the same time. It had the little green light on when I selected a channel on the TBS device as expected :)

The only problem is, I hadn't tried that before so maybe that was the case BEFORE I made the modification and it's the Tvheadend software that needs to be set up differently and has nothing to do with the device drivers.

I can sort that out myself but the only thing is, does this mean I'll have to repeated these steps every time there's a Kernel update which, obviously, will install, (overwrite, IOW), the device stack?

Anyway, it's working atm so that's good :)

oldcodger

Postby tonygables » Sat Aug 06, 2016 9:48 pm

Hello,

Has anyone tried installing the new open source drivers on Centos 7? Make and make install steps complete without any errors, however after reboot, "dmesg | grep frontend" doesn't return anything. My system info is given below:

Server: HP ML350 Gen8
Kernel: 3.10.0-327.28.2.el7.x86_64

Note: I have tried installing the drivers from ljalves: https://github.com/ljalves/linux_media/wiki/Installating
Before "make" I had to increase DVB_MAX_ADAPTERS parameter (default is 8). All my cards were detected after reboot and they seem to work fine.

Is there any difference between the tbs open source drivers and drivers from ljalves?
tonygables

Postby crazycat » Sat Aug 06, 2016 11:21 pm

Tbsdtv forked from ljaves repo :) So you can compare changes in source tree :-)
crazycat

Postby oldcodger » Tue Aug 09, 2016 8:07 pm

oldcodger Wrote:I can sort that out myself but the only thing is, does this mean I'll have to repeated these steps every time there's a Kernel update which, obviously, will install, (overwrite, IOW), the device stack?

Right, so there's a kernel update for ubuntu 16.04 :shock:

Am I right in think I'm going to have to delete the media stack again, (as the kernel update will overwrite it), and will have to recompile?
oldcodger

Postby skrew » Thu Aug 11, 2016 5:47 am

Please add support for 6680, i just purchased 6205 and can't use open source drivers for 6205 because 6680 are not supported (and become not detected).

Also when i compile TBS Drivers for DVB-C support (6680), my 6205 card are blocked to DVB-C, instead of DVB-T needed for this card...

Thanks
skrew

PreviousNext

Return to News