Moderator Control Panel ]

TBS5580 Win 10x64 driver

It's important to keep your driver and software updated.

Re: TBS5580 Win 10x64 driver

Postby DVB » Sat Aug 24, 2019 9:28 pm

For me issue is visible on both DVBViewer and TransEdit and also on other software, like AltDVB - it's hard for me to believe that all developers have made the same mistake in their apps and only for some PC. But it's worth to check this path...
Unfortunately I cannot lend my PC for a support session.
If there won't be any solution for this, I'm going to return this device aswell and maybe switch to 5520SE, which seems to be free from this issue. I'm often recording some data feeds where missing packet is leading to failure of reading whole message. Because of that I can use 5580 only on one from my PC's, but for it I've got already other DVB card. Right now this bug is making my 5580 useless.
And now you're watching 8K:
KKKKKKKK
:)
DVB

Postby adipetroiu » Wed Jun 03, 2020 5:35 pm

Hi!
I tried to use the tuner for satellite TV encrypted with a CAM Conax.
I tried a lot of software but to no result. Dvb dream and Dvb viewer crashes, Prog dvb dont decrypt, tbs viewer decrypt and find only a few encrypted channels. Cam anyone help me?
Mceci tool see the cam module, the tv provider is Focus sat Romania, it use Thor 6 satellite. I have windows 10 home edition.
adipetroiu

Postby steven » Sat Jun 06, 2020 10:02 am

Hi adipetroiu

Next Monday can you setup teamview remote with DVBDream we will check together

Thanks

Kind Regards

steven
steven

Postby fatal » Wed Jun 17, 2020 11:15 pm

adipetroiu Wrote:Hi!
I tried a lot of software but to no result. Dvb dream and Dvb viewer crashes, Prog dvb dont decrypt, tbs viewer decrypt and find only a few encrypted channels. Cam anyone help me?
Mceci tool see the cam module, the tv provider is Focus sat Romania, it use Thor 6 satellite. I have windows 10 home edition.

Same here. The problem is in the CI API DLL (v1.0.2.2 and v1.0.2.3).

Here is my conclusion:

I use DVB-C, QAM256 and SymbolRate is 6875 (I don't know if it matters)

I've tried different softwares, the issue is clearly the CI API DLL:
  • TBSViewer (which is DVBViewer based as far as I know) is using 1.0.2.0 CI API DLL which works fine
  • TVMosaic's current version also using 1.0.2.0 DLL and works fine
  • Latest DVBViewer uses 1.0.2.2, scanning currently works, but watching an encrypted channel crashes the player after a few minutes
    • I've tried to overwrite the DLL with the 1.0.2.0, but it doesn't work, I guess it uses an updated code which only works with the 1.0.2.2 CI API DLL
  • In MediaPortal we manually need to copy the dll
    • If I copy 1.0.2.0, scanning works but MediaPortal cannot decode with 1.0.2.0, I guess it uses an updated code which only works with 1.0.2.2 or 1.0.2.3
    • If I copy 1.0.2.2 or 1.0.2.3, TVService (and TV-Server Configuration) crashes while scanning channels
    • If I scan without a DLL (or old version) it scans the channels
    • If I copy the DLL after scanning, the channel playback in the client freezes for a couple of seconds in every few minutes
I didn't try other clients cause this clearly shows what is the issue here. Also sometimes during scan it doesn't found the channels on multiple transponders, but if I run it again, it finds them (but fails to find them on another frequency, it's random, sometimes every channel is found). This issue is present even in TBSViewer.

Can we expect an update for the CI DLL and/or the driver which fixes these issues?
fatal

Postby fatal » Wed Jul 22, 2020 12:12 am

fatal Wrote:
adipetroiu Wrote:Hi!

Same here. The problem is in the CI API DLL (v1.0.2.2 and v1.0.2.3).

Here is my conclusion:

I use DVB-C, QAM256 and SymbolRate is 6875 (I don't know if it matters)

I've tried different softwares, the issue is clearly the CI API DLL:
  • TBSViewer (which is DVBViewer based as far as I know) is using 1.0.2.0 CI API DLL which works fine
  • TVMosaic's current version also using 1.0.2.0 DLL and works fine
  • Latest DVBViewer uses 1.0.2.2, scanning currently works, but watching an encrypted channel crashes the player after a few minutes
    • I've tried to overwrite the DLL with the 1.0.2.0, but it doesn't work, I guess it uses an updated code which only works with the 1.0.2.2 CI API DLL
  • In MediaPortal we manually need to copy the dll
    • If I copy 1.0.2.0, scanning works but MediaPortal cannot decode with 1.0.2.0, I guess it uses an updated code which only works with 1.0.2.2 or 1.0.2.3
    • If I copy 1.0.2.2 or 1.0.2.3, TVService (and TV-Server Configuration) crashes while scanning channels
    • If I scan without a DLL (or old version) it scans the channels
    • If I copy the DLL after scanning, the channel playback in the client freezes for a couple of seconds in every few minutes
I didn't try other clients cause this clearly shows what is the issue here. Also sometimes during scan it doesn't found the channels on multiple transponders, but if I run it again, it finds them (but fails to find them on another frequency, it's random, sometimes every channel is found). This issue is present even in TBSViewer.

Can we expect an update for the CI DLL and/or the driver which fixes these issues?

Since this message I've opened another topic, did a lot of testing and exchanged a tons of emails with the support. My 5580 has the same issue.

Scanning with CAM inserted an enabled has issue too, i need to run the scan multiple times to find all channels (DVB-C), because in every iteration there are "NO channels found" on some frequencies, but they differ in each round. Also there are packet losses in a lot of softwares. I've tested dvbviewer, dvbdream, mediaportal, tvmosaic and tbsviewer. Only TBSViewer (which is based on an older dvbviewer I think) and TVMosaic works (scanning affects this too). I've tested on two computers (mine with usb 3.0 and native usb2.0 pcie card) and an old laptop with native usb 2.0 ports, in two rooms. On my computer tested with windows 7, 8.1, 10 and ubuntu linux (tvmosaic with scanning issues here only), and it affects all devices. If i disable the CI API DLL or remove the CAM module physically the issue is gone (obviusly only with free to air channels which is not good for me, most of the channels are encrypted).

Unfortunately some months has been passed since I bought the device and I didn't test it properly because there was no live sports event due to the recent and current covid pandemic. I contacted the local seller if they can replace it with a 5881, I hope they can, I don't even care about the price difference, just want a tuner that works and I don't want to spent more, because the 5580 was not cheap.

The best option would be if the TBS team can fix the drivers (if the issue is there), but after this many years, I don't think they will, we will see.
fatal

Previous

Return to Driver & Software Update