Moderator Control Panel ]

TBS 6903-X blind scan

It's important to keep your driver and software updated.

Re: TBS 6903-X blind scan

Postby satesco » Mon Aug 24, 2020 3:32 am

Hi
razvodnik Wrote:good day.5 days ago i bought 6903x from germany. the card is worth nothing! it doesn't work either s crazy nor ebs pro! i don't support rf scan! i have 5927 ruined and so i bought the 6903x! i want help with this professional card. ..... or take it back to them and ask for my money back! I don't understand how to sell something that doesn't work well? I bought the most expensive card and it's for nothing!

You don't have to return the card,because you can work with 6903X.You have to be patient until you become familiar with it,especially with Crazyscan.Anyway 6903x works well with any dvb player(DVB Dream,DVBViewer,etc).
In your pm you find the Crazyscan app that I use for 6903x.
Regards
satesco

Postby s0nnenschein » Mon Oct 05, 2020 12:16 am

Could you please tell me what version you are using?

V1.0.2.165 with 1.2.4.99 streamreader.dll regularly freezes (crashes), does not lock on most transponders (EBS does it!) and shows wrong spectrum (repeated pattern) or has a frequency drift when loop is enabled.

In my case EBS Pro is very stable, but does not have this framemode option I want to test for GSE.
s0nnenschein

Postby 1bit » Sat Oct 10, 2020 4:18 pm

Babadem Wrote:As the saying goes..... The squeaky wheel gets the oil. Users haven't put enough pressure on TBS to effect change and correct this and other issues. We need more users to express their outrage at the lack of support for the 6903-X. It is only right for TBS to support their product, users are not asking for much!

It's not only for the TBS 6903-X it's for all of their cards!
I have "TBS5520SE" and its the same thing, and searching this forum, there is a loot more cards that luck the support.

I think that TBS has found that supporting these DVB cards is time consuming and they probably get more money selling their server solutions .... :(
DO not get me wrong, their hardware (when it works with software) is rock solid.
1bit

Postby frankviana » Wed Jun 01, 2022 1:37 am

I am extremely disappointed with this TBS 6903-x v2.

I received it today and I'm testing it, but with a lot of frustration. I regret buying it as it is very expensive and doesn't have a decent blindscan (very slowly).

Too bad.... I'm in Brazil and there's no way to return it.
frankviana

Postby DVB » Wed Jun 01, 2022 5:57 am

Speed is not always the critical factor, sometimes advantages are elsewhere.
Indeed 6903-x is not the cheetah, but on the other side there's no other as versatile card as this one, with S2X, low SR, high SR (even exceeding 100000 ksps).
You know - it's like sex, sometimes a good short quickie is fine and in other cases the all-night-long making love is needed to feel the power - 6903-x is that second case :mrgreen:
Do not return, in the long term you won't be disappointed ;)

Tip for 6903-x is to set precise ranges for blindscan, eg. if we're at feedhunting and we can assume where feeds are and where - definitely not, ranges can be finetined to exclude wasting time to scan ranges where there will be no feeds anyway.

European example - let's say I'm on 10°E. Precise ranges would be 10,7-10,95, then break to check results, 10,95-11,2, break, 11,2-11,45, break, 11,45-11,7, break, 12,5-12,75. Overally 5 short 250 MHz ranges, after which a fast check can be done to verify if anything useful had been found. Breaks are my idea, not necessary, but I like to get to know fast what I've catched :)

With a bit of training and get used to - 6903-x is a hammer for any kind of DVB-S/S2/S2X signal ;)
And now you're watching 8K:
KKKKKKKK
:)
DVB

Previous

Return to Driver & Software Update