Moderator Control Panel ]

Beginner needs advice please

Anything from the case design to the chip inside, from expectation to suggestion, the most important thing is, you are IN.

Beginner needs advice please

Postby markscotford » Mon Nov 13, 2017 5:21 am

I have small wireless internet service provider company (about 100 customers) and I would like to add a TV service add-on, which shows TV channels from the free-to air DVB satellites. I can put up the various dishes, LNB's and multiswitches needed to get all the transponders for the various channels I am trying to re-broadcast to my customers. Heres the bit I am not sure about. What box do I buy (1 with 4 quad DVB-S2 tuner cards) is it the TBS2951 with four cards at about €1250?. Once I have this kit can I rebroadcast all of the channels from each of the transponders (lets say for example 8 channels per transponder X the 16 inputs, total 128 programs?

Once I have got my 128 programs, I presume I use the Kylone Pro IPTV Panel (does this run on the TBS2951) to sort them,. and put them into some sort of usable menu by the end customer? I could not find a price for Keylone software, is it free if you buy their Set Top Boxes?

I now presume I squirt the ethernet output of the TBS2951 into my wireless network? I am not looking for Video On Demand or rewind TV or anything fancy, just live TV, I don't even mind settling for standard resolution. I assume this is called a Multicast system? any ideas how bandwidth this will take up on my network?

At a later date can I add a second TBS2951 to run concurrently with the first one?

Last question for now, what Set Top Box do I use for the above system, just needs an ethernet in connection and a HDMI output connector, what price are the STB's?

Can the Kylone system be set, so we can remotely switch STB's connection on and off?
markscotford

Re: Beginner needs advice please

Postby steven » Mon Nov 13, 2017 4:21 pm

Hi markscotford

Thanks for your interst of our solution from the information you provide to us , you network envirment is WIFI ?

as the orignal channel data rate is very high for SD is about 4Mbps ,for HD is about 8Mbps , so in WIFI enviroment
not sure it can be watch smoothly .usually you need to do transcode it first then send to your client . and for your questions :

1.What box do I buy (1 with 4 quad DVB-S2 tuner cards) is it the TBS2951 with four cards at about €1250?. Once I have this kit can I rebroadcast all of the channels from each of the transponders (lets say for example 8 channels per transponder X the 16 inputs, total 128 programs?

2951 with 4xquad card you can receive 16 transponder full channels inside ,you example is right

2.Once I have got my 128 programs, I presume I use the Kylone Pro IPTV Panel (does this run on the TBS2951) to sort them,. and put them into some sort of usable menu by the end customer? I could not find a price for Keylone software, is it free if you buy their Set Top Boxes?

Kylone software is the IPTV server solution you need to use with our STB box and it is not free more detail information about the price you can send email to our support@tbsdtv.com

3.Last question for now, what Set Top Box do I use for the above system, just needs an ethernet in connection and a HDMI output connector, what price are the STB's?

TBS3700 our own customized linux system inside .

4.Can the Kylone system be set, so we can remotely switch STB's connection on and off?
yea support

Thanks

Kind Regards

steven
steven

Postby markscotford » Tue Nov 14, 2017 5:48 am

"usually you need to do transcode it first then send to your client"
Steven, I dont know hat this means, any pointers on information on this subject please?
markscotford

Postby steven » Tue Nov 14, 2017 11:48 am

transcode is used to low down the bitrate of the channel , you can transcode the SD 4Mbps to 800kbps to save the internt bandwidth
steven

Postby markscotford » Wed Nov 15, 2017 7:12 am

Thanks Steven, but I understand the need to Transcode the channels before being sent out over my wireless network, but where does this transcoding take place, and what do I need to buy to do this function. Is it another PC? and what software do I need for the function? Last question how does it interface with TBS2591? Sorry for so many questions, but I think I am nearly there with my understanding.
markscotford

Postby steven » Wed Nov 15, 2017 10:57 am

You are welcome , usually peple use another powerful server to do transcode job ,as transcode will cost a lot of CPU , after transponder it will send to a IPTV panel then restream to client .
steven

Postby markscotford » Thu Nov 16, 2017 12:48 am

You lost me with "after transponder it will send to a IPTV panel then restream to client"
does each transponder have its own transcoder? or is the transcoding done after all the transponders/channels have been mixed.
Where/what is the IPTV panel?
Regards
Mark
markscotford

Return to General discussion