Moderator Control Panel ]

Questions! Questions! Questions!

Anything from the case design to the chip inside, from expectation to suggestion, the most important thing is, you are IN.

Questions! Questions! Questions!

Postby diabloss » Sun May 19, 2013 9:22 pm

Greetings guys

i have several questions related to oscam/cccam/cam .

1) is it possible to compile and run any version of stand alone oscam server on MOI?
2) is it possible to install and run cccam on MOI?
3) is it possible to compile latest tvheadend directly from trunk on MOI?
4) how many clients can watch same or different streams from one MOI box?

im asking these questions because im preparing to build a small iptv network between my 4 tv's my 2 ipad's and
i would like to order 3 MOI devices and i would love to have some answers to my questions if is possible

Regards
diabloss

Re: Questions! Questions! Questions!

Postby gfi » Mon May 20, 2013 4:49 am

diabloss Wrote:Greetings guys

i have several questions related to oscam/cccam/cam .

1) is it possible to compile and run any version of stand alone oscam server on MOI?
2) is it possible to install and run cccam on MOI?
3) is it possible to compile latest tvheadend directly from trunk on MOI?
4) how many clients can watch same or different streams from one MOI box?

im asking these questions because im preparing to build a small iptv network between my 4 tv's my 2 ipad's and
i would like to order 3 MOI devices and i would love to have some answers to my questions if is possible

Regards

1) Yes
2) If You have source Yes (cccam as server), or try use compiled version for arm, if exist.
3) Yes, I have 3 weeks old, there's no problem with cross compilation.
4) Thats depend of:
- bitrate of channel
- is channel decrypted over software CSA (TVheadend) or CI (DVBLast, Mumudvb).
- or is channel FTA

And my question:
Do You have planed use 1xMOI and 6 clients at some time (4xTV, 2xIpad)?
Do You want watching on another channels on all 6 clients?
How much satellites You need to Your Home-setup?

As first, before buying control bitrates of Your channels.
gfi

Postby diabloss » Mon May 20, 2013 3:36 pm

hello

1)yes my plan is to use 1 or 2 or even 3 MOI's same time because i plan to connect alongside with my devices my brothers 2 tv's 1 tablet and my parents tv.
a total of 10 to even possible 15 clients.
2)yes i plan if possible to make each client to use independent channel from each other from time to time
3) 80% of channels are SD's up to 576p ,19% are HD's 1080i , 1% are 3D SbS channels
4) my infrastructure have
- 1 x parabolic dish 180cm flange LNB (2 connections)
- 2 x offset dish 100cm offset LNB (each with quad connections)
- 1 x offset dish 90cm H H motorised with offset LNB (quad conections)
- 4 . 1 Disecq switch
using 2 Connax based prepaid cards on 2 different DTH carriers and to be entirely honest i don't want to buy and pay for 2 more to have all my home devices working.
as for networking part :
wired infrastructure is full gigabit one 10/100/1000
wireless infrastructure N600 WIRELESS DUAL BAND all over my house.
diabloss

Postby gfi » Mon May 20, 2013 5:52 pm

diabloss Wrote:hello

1)yes my plan is to use 1 or 2 or even 3 MOI's same time because i plan to connect alongside with my devices my brothers 2 tv's 1 tablet and my parents tv.
a total of 10 to even possible 15 clients.
2)yes i plan if possible to make each client to use independent channel from each other from time to time
3) 80% of channels are SD's up to 576p ,19% are HD's 1080i , 1% are 3D SbS channels
4) my infrastructure have
- 1 x parabolic dish 180cm flange LNB (2 connections)
- 2 x offset dish 100cm offset LNB (each with quad connections)
- 1 x offset dish 90cm H H motorised with offset LNB (quad conections)
- 4 . 1 Disecq switch
using 2 Connax based prepaid cards on 2 different DTH carriers and to be entirely honest i don't want to buy and pay for 2 more to have all my home devices working.
as for networking part :
wired infrastructure is full gigabit one 10/100/1000
wireless infrastructure N600 WIRELESS DUAL BAND all over my house.

Ok, You always need calculate Your clients at some time.

- in some time, 2 or 3 clients can watching (scrambled channels) from 1 BOX only from 1 TP (!!). Don't forget about that. That's more complicated, than You think.
* (I have similar setup like You and I use 18 tuners, not only MOI). For that reason I'm using also DVB-S2 sticks, what are USB powered only (after loop/splitter) and Alix boards.
* LNB power going for one pol. only from one tuner. For other I'm using DC-Blocker, Or I'm using USB sticks as I wrote.

- In the moment, when You have recording shedule timed, You're blocking tuner for other users to one TP, only...

- In ideal situation, if You have 6 tuners (3x MOI), 18-24 clients can be watching (HD of course lower).
- In not ideal, You can blocking between clients connected.

- If You plane using XBMC as clients for all, don't forget - for one XBMC client You can setup only ONE device...

So, better way for You will be calculate Transponders, You will using, as first.
Then create table TP - bitrates of channels.
More FTA from Your setup, lower CPU load...

I have only channels, what we really watching in setup, as better.

Total usuable bandwith from MOI is ~ 25-30M, software CSA from TVheadend 22M.
gfi

Postby diabloss » Mon May 20, 2013 6:42 pm

Thank you for your quick answer

- in some time, 2 or 3 clients can watching (scrambled channels) from 1 BOX only from 1 TP (!!). Don't forget about that. That's more complicated, than You think.
* (I have similar setup like You and I use 18 tuners, not only MOI). For that reason I'm using also DVB-S2 sticks, what are USB powered only (after loop/splitter) and Alix boards.
* LNB power going for one pol. only from one tuner. For other I'm using DC-Blocker, Or I'm using USB sticks as I wrote.

- In the moment, when You have recording shedule timed, You're blocking tuner for other users to one TP, only...

- In ideal situation, if You have 6 tuners (3x MOI), 18-24 clients can be watching (HD of course lower).
- In not ideal, You can blocking between clients connected.

im not use to record any show at all
think with 3 MOI's should be enough to setup this small iptv gateway
but if i will need more i'll order more devices :)
my big hope is i will get full tech support for them.

this thread could be an excellent suggestion for TBS to create an small home gateway dvb-s2/c server for 3 to 10 clients.
it could have an amazing sale succes in my opinion.
there are a lot of possible customers which are forced to pay 3 -4 tv subscription for each device/client from their home which tbh isn't fair.
diabloss

Return to General discussion