Moderator Control Panel ]

[SOLVED] NFS mount

Anything from the case design to the chip inside, from expectation to suggestion, the most important thing is, you are IN.

[SOLVED] NFS mount

Postby pixi » Tue Jun 25, 2013 5:10 am

Hello

I hav now received my MOI and i have only test it for a short time , but it works perfect

When read changelog for firmware 1.1 i see this

"- Add nfs Network Support."

i have try to mount one of my servers dirictory but when i run the command it hangs and the server log file show this:

"server1204 rpc.mountd[2407]: authenticated mount request from 192.168.7.199:999 for /media/movies2 (/media/movies2)"

i mount this directory on my laptop and it works as i sholud.

does anyone succsess to mount a nfs share ???

Thanks Andreas H
Last edited by pixi on Tue Jun 25, 2013 7:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.
pixi

Re: NFS mount

Postby smile » Tue Jun 25, 2013 5:21 pm

mount -o nolock 192.168.1.171:/home /mnt
linux pc ip : 192.168.1.171
/home :shared dir ( /etc/exports /home 192.168.1.* (rw,sync,no_root_squash) )
/mnt : MOI mount dir
smile

Re: NFS mount

Postby pixi » Tue Jun 25, 2013 7:01 pm

Perfect :-)

Works like a charm :-)

Thanks
pixi

Re: [SOLVED] NFS mount

Postby Giblets » Sun Jul 28, 2013 6:59 am

I've tried updating my fstab with the following line but nothing gets mounted on reboot.

192.168.1.100:/Recordings /media/Recordings nfs nolock 0 0

I can mount manually ok using the following line

mount -o nolock 192.168.1.100:/Recordings /media/Recordings

so the file structure I'm using is fine. Can anyone help out a poor Linux noob who has been Google searching for a couple of evenings on how to do this?

Thanks.

EDIT:: Also I recorded a particularly long film the other day, it seemed to hit a 4GB file size limit. From what I've found this is probably because it's using NFSv2, the suggested fix is to go to NFSv3, no idea how to do that though.
Giblets

Postby fantasticn » Wed Jul 31, 2013 2:53 pm

Hello,

sorry for asking such (stupid?) question, but I am new to the MOI and not used to using Linux. So where do I insert the "mount"-command and does the mounting persist after a restart of the MOI?

Brgds,

FantasticN
fantasticn

Postby xiaocao » Wed Jul 31, 2013 6:16 pm

hi fantasticn ,
if you don't use linux, you can't use the mount command. because the mount is the linux shell command. it can mount your linux
share dir to the MOI .
but you can use some software like "putty" "xshell" to conecct to the MOI.
MOI SSH
login: root
pass: tbs
xiaocao

Postby fantasticn » Fri Aug 02, 2013 11:39 pm

Hi xiaocao,

thanks for your answer. Actually I am already used to using WinSCP for SSH-connections to my OpenElec/XBMC-PCs. And my NAS is also running some Linux as well as the MOI (at least I think it does). But I am no expert in modifying Linux system files or anything like this.

Now as to the mount-command: I think I would have to apply it to the MOI, not to my NAS or my PCs. So I would open an SSH-connection via WinSCP or Putty to the MOI (btw: What is Username and Password for this?) and then place the mount-command in the terminal windows. But does the mount remain even if I restart the MOI or a temporal power blackout occurs? Or would I always have to repeat this step then?

Best regards,

FantasticN
fantasticn

Postby Giblets » Wed Aug 07, 2013 3:31 am

fantasticn, I got it working on reboot by putting the mount command in /etc/init.d/s99tv just before the tvheadend start command. Having done some more reading I think it would probably be better to create a seperate file in the init.d directory.

I also found the nolock option was necessary to get it to mount e.g.

mount -o nolock 192.168.1.100:/Recordings /media/Recordings

I think from what I've read you should be able to use fstab to mount but I can't get it to work (as mentioned further up in the thread). Note that I'm learning as I go, if someone thinks any of this is wrong feel free to correct me.
Giblets

Postby fantasticn » Wed Aug 07, 2013 3:49 pm

Hello Giblets,

thanks for your answer. But it does not seem to work.

First I tried to creat a new file called "mount" and iserted the follwing line

mount -o nolock 192.168.20.10:/TV-Recording /media/Recordings

(while "192.168.20.10" is the IP-address of my NAS and "TV-Recording" is the respective folder on the NAS)

I rebooted the NAS, tried a recording, but it was recorded locally to "\media\recordings" on the MOI and not to the NAS.

Next I deleted the file again then tried to edit "S99tv". I inserted the same command as above as a new line just befor the "/usr/bin/tvheadend -C &"-command.

After another reboot of the MOi I got the same result (just local recording to the MOI, not to the NAS).

An idea?

Best regards,

FantasticN
fantasticn

Postby Giblets » Wed Aug 07, 2013 10:38 pm

Hi fantasticn,

Does your mount command work if you run it manually from an ssh session?
Giblets

Next

Return to General discussion