Moderator Control Panel ]

[SOLVED] MOI Setting - Time Zone - Time / Date

Anything from the case design to the chip inside, from expectation to suggestion, the most important thing is, you are IN.

Re: [SOLVED] MOI Setting - Time Zone - Time / Date

Postby gfi » Sun Aug 18, 2013 1:52 am

marcelp1 Wrote:
fantasticn Wrote:
My remaining questions are:
1. Will time stay synchonrized (e.g. sync with internet-clock) or will the clock run slowely out of sync and therefore has to be adjusted every once in a while?
2. Do I have to adjust the clock again when we turn from summer time to winter time, or will it adjust automatically then?

I have tried "ntpdate -u ntp.ubuntu.com" but it does not work.
When you swich off the box from the mains, it will forget the time (I did not check if the zone too, so have a try ;).

I gues it should adjust itself, but we will see in when BST ends on Sunday October 27th ;)
or you can try setting the date / time to the October 27 2:59am and see if the clock goes to 2am after a minute ;)

I have TVHeadend running on Raspberry Pi with 2 x PCTV Systems DVB-T2 290e nanoStick HD TV Tuner (picekd for bargain price at PC World 40 quid on sale)
and it is much easier (for beginner like me) to configure then the MOI :(

ntp driver missing.

- Permission denied: chmod 755 tzfix
- For questions about "will be time updated or not": Will be updated, but in this case (uClibc) maybe next day after.
As I wrote, missing full definition, for example: CET-1CEST-2,M3.5.0/02:00:00,M10.5.0/03:00:00

Create full definition for all countries is problematic (also is changed, time over time), but everyone can doing that by yourself.
gfi

Postby marcelp1 » Sun Aug 25, 2013 11:28 pm

gfi Wrote:
marcelp1 Wrote:
fantasticn Wrote:
My remaining questions are:
1. Will time stay synchonrized (e.g. sync with internet-clock) or will the clock run slowely out of sync and therefore has to be adjusted every once in a while?
2. Do I have to adjust the clock again when we turn from summer time to winter time, or will it adjust automatically then?

I have tried "ntpdate -u ntp.ubuntu.com" but it does not work.
When you swich off the box from the mains, it will forget the time (I did not check if the zone too, so have a try ;).

I gues it should adjust itself, but we will see in when BST ends on Sunday October 27th ;)
or you can try setting the date / time to the October 27 2:59am and see if the clock goes to 2am after a minute ;)

I have TVHeadend running on Raspberry Pi with 2 x PCTV Systems DVB-T2 290e nanoStick HD TV Tuner (picekd for bargain price at PC World 40 quid on sale)
and it is much easier (for beginner like me) to configure then the MOI :(

ntp driver missing.

- Permission denied: chmod 755 tzfix
- For questions about "will be time updated or not": Will be updated, but in this case (uClibc) maybe next day after.
As I wrote, missing full definition, for example: CET-1CEST-2,M3.5.0/02:00:00,M10.5.0/03:00:00

Create full definition for all countries is problematic (also is changed, time over time), but everyone can doing that by yourself.

Could the tz database not be used?
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tz_database
ftp://ftp.iana.org/tz/
marcelp1

Postby franzp » Tue Oct 08, 2013 8:58 pm

Hi,

sorry the links to the PATCH File are dead. I am using Firmware 1.2.1 and the Time Settings are crazy. Sometimes the time changes twice a day. But always to the wrong time. I can´t set the wright time in the Web Interface and the Recording function is not working.

Can anyone help me? I want to set the time and date.

thanks in advance.

Franz
franzp

Postby fantasticn » Tue Jan 07, 2014 9:09 pm

I am on firmware 2.0.2 right now and the issues with respect to adjusting the time correctly have been solved meanwhile (I guess since firmware 1.2.1). However, time seems to run out of sync rather quickly leading to EPG-data not being in line and problems with recordings. Is there a way to keep the time in sync (maybe daily adjustment to internet clock)?

Brgds,

FantasticN
fantasticn

Postby franzp » Fri Mar 28, 2014 9:16 pm

sounds nice, but i can´t update, because of the weird serial Cable ... Who uses serial cables today? :evil:
franzp

Postby fantasticn » Wed May 07, 2014 4:22 pm

Since time does not keep synchronized very long (always running too fast on the MOI) I now had to adjust it another time through the webinterface. And suddenly I am back with the time-setting problem again:

I am on Firmware 2.0.3 and live in Germany (that means we currently have daylight saving time with GMT/UCT +2)

1. I went to the webinterface and entered the timezone "GMT+01 Amsterdam, Berlin..."
2. I activated "use daylight saving time"
3. I entered the current UCT (not local time!)
4. I pressed "Set tim&zone" and rebooted the MOI then

Now checking with SSH-connection (Terminal session) gives me the following:

hwclock => UCT
date => UCT + 8 hours(!!!)
date -u => UCT

The "TZ"-file shows "CET-1CST" which should be fine as an offset for the "hwclok" time. But why is the "date"-time calculated so wrong then?

Result is: My EPG is not working correctly anymore and I cannot schedule recordings right now.

Any help is appreciated.

Brgds,

FantasticN

PS: Would be fine if the MOI could keep the time more accurately and not run out of sync so quickly. Otherwise I will have to go through this procedure every once in a while and always face the same problems in adjusting the time then.
fantasticn

Previous

Return to General discussion