Moderator Control Panel ]

MOI - DVR to USB HDD/Stick or MicroSD Card

Anything from the case design to the chip inside, from expectation to suggestion, the most important thing is, you are IN.

MOI - DVR to USB HDD/Stick or MicroSD Card

Postby marcelp1 » Wed Oct 23, 2013 11:00 pm

MOI is my first Linux BOX I have actually access to root :) so no window that I can click and have
my USB HDD/Stick or MicroSD Card automatically ready for use and record programs to it.

I would like to know if it is at all possible to record programs do USB HDD (with own external power or no power)
USB Sticks and the MicroSD card that has got the slot at the back.

If so what are the requirements file system etc. and if someone could post either their setup or
guide for beginners on how to achieve it.
marcelp1

Re: MOI - DVR to USB HDD/Stick or MicroSD Card

Postby updatelee » Wed Oct 23, 2013 11:19 pm

My tune-s2/demux app are simple enough they should cross compile fine. They are console apps. Google my Nick and you'll find my bitbucket site

UDL
TBS6925/5980, Prof 7301/7500/8000, Genpix Skywalker-1, Skystar 2 Express HD
Hauppauge 950Q, Kworld 330U/435v3/445v3
Dreambox 800

I use Linux and support open source projects.
updatelee

Postby marcelp1 » Thu Oct 24, 2013 12:35 am

S looking at https://bitbucket.org/updatelee
I have found:

v4l-updatelee updated 2013-10-14
My devel tree based off v4l media_tree

updateDVB updated 2013-10-14
updateDVB is an all in one Linux application supporting spectrum scan and IQ plot for various tuners, tuning and parsing of the stream as well as streaming the TS to other applications.

tune-s2 updated 2013-10-04
tune-s2 is a simple tuning only application, thats all it does, tune then wait.

demux updated 2013-08-27
demux specific pids from an already tuned adapter

Now I can see that for you Linux is a daily bread, for me it is learning curve and I just started, so could you be more specific about (croscompile????):

- if recording from TVHeadend, can it be done to USB HDD/Stick or MicroSD Card or are there any restriction?
- what are the requirements for the partition type [mbr / gpt] or file system [afat, fat32, ntfs, ext4, xfs ....] (how should I format the HDD/Stick/mSD Card?
- do I just plug the USB HDD/Stick or MicroSD Card in the back of the MOI box and use SSH to the box and be able to configure it from the (SSH shell )
or do I need to prep (partition type / file system) beforehand?
marcelp1

Postby updatelee » Thu Oct 24, 2013 4:04 am

I don't own an moi but I used todo devel for Dreambox so I have cross compiled tune-s2 and my demux app before. Cross compiling is the compiling of apps on one arch for running on another. Ie compiling using an x64 arch to compile an app to run on mips .

I think there is a thread here about how to set this up. Can't rem and I'm not home for two weeks to check

Tvheadend is for streaming only I believe, I don't use it either so I don't know.

I'm more interested in stream analysis. So that's where I focus most of my devel time.

UDL
TBS6925/5980, Prof 7301/7500/8000, Genpix Skywalker-1, Skystar 2 Express HD
Hauppauge 950Q, Kworld 330U/435v3/445v3
Dreambox 800

I use Linux and support open source projects.
updatelee

Postby gfi » Wed Nov 13, 2013 2:40 am

marcelp1 Wrote:MOI is my first Linux BOX I have actually access to root :) so no window that I can click and have
my USB HDD/Stick or MicroSD Card automatically ready for use and record programs to it.

I would like to know if it is at all possible to record programs do USB HDD (with own external power or no power)
USB Sticks and the MicroSD card that has got the slot at the back.

If so what are the requirements file system etc. and if someone could post either their setup or
guide for beginners on how to achieve it.

filesystem - ext2, ext3, vfat (fat32)

What You need to record? You wrote only "I need record a program".

All applications, included in MOI have possibilities of http streaming. So, there's no problem to record.
- dvblast or other multicast streaming application = use udpxy application.
- tvheadend, getstream, astra have already support for http streaming.

So, why use any external dvr and demux handlers.
Everything You need is create script/app (I have something too, for record from other boxes, not local only).
Or use only commandline (for newbies) over ssh.

Simply wget ....
More at: viewtopic.php?f=94&t=8676
gfi

Return to General discussion