Moderator Control Panel ]

Mount a remote folder

Quick start guide for beginners.

Mount a remote folder

Postby Bipel » Thu Apr 18, 2013 3:12 am

Hello, i need some help mounting a networkfolder for recordingpath.
My knowledge in linux is poor, but i managed to create a folder in root called recordings. And now i want to point that folder to a networked one.
Or is it possible to point my recording path to a networked folder in Tvheadend?

Please help :)
/Bipel
Bipel

Re: Mount a remote folder

Postby linuxstb » Thu Apr 18, 2013 5:14 am

You can't do it directly in tvheadend - you need to do it outside.

Is your network folder on a Linux or Windows (or OS X) PC ? i.e. is it NFS or Samba?
linuxstb

Postby Bipel » Thu Apr 18, 2013 6:01 pm

It's on a windows machine (Samba).
Bipel

Postby linuxstb » Thu Apr 18, 2013 6:47 pm

Bipel Wrote:It's on a windows machine (Samba).

Then I think you're probably out of luck.

The kernel provided by TBS doesn't include Samba support, so you won't be able to mount Samba shares.

Unless you can do it yourself, you only really have two options - hope that TBS add Samba support in future releases of their software for the MOI, or hope that somebody else releases a "community" image with support for Samba.
linuxstb

Postby Bipel » Thu Apr 18, 2013 8:37 pm

Ok, thank you.
Guess i'll have to wait then. I'm not that skilled in linux :cry:
Bipel

Postby marcelp1 » Wed May 08, 2013 2:09 am

How can Linux share be added via NFS?

I am familiar with CIFS but not NFS, would you post example how this can be done ?
marcelp1

Postby gfi » Wed May 08, 2013 6:10 am

Better wait. I have kernel with samba support on one piece of MOI, but I didn't checked it on FW1.1, where are some changes with mounting process. Propably will be work with fstab as right.
But I think, new karnel has been out as soon...
gfi

Postby fantasticn » Fri Jun 13, 2014 5:41 pm

Any news on this issue? I would like to mount a Windows NTFS-share as well, but it does not seem to work. Any suggestions?

Brgds,

FantasticN
fantasticn

Postby fantasticn » Mon Jun 16, 2014 2:26 am

Ok, I found a solution that I want to share:

1. On the Windows-PC install "haneWIN NFS Server ( http://www.hanewin.de/nfs-d.htm )
2. Rightklick the "NFS-Server" and select "start as administrator". Then got to "Exports" and edit the export-file. Insert the path to your Windows-folder where you want all recordings to be stored. Add "-public" behind it (to grant access to all machines in your network). Then close the file and press "restart the server".
3. Go to Windows-Firewall and enter new rule for incomming TCP and UDP-Access on Ports 111, 1058 and 2049 (haneWIN needs those ports)
4. Open "http://IP-of-your-TBS-MOI:9981" in your Browser (to access TVheadend). Under "Configuration / Recording" insert the follwing path for recordings: "/media/Recordings"
5. With WinSCP (or any similar Tool) SSH into the TBS MOI and edit the "etc\init.d\S99TVServer"-File. Below "#!/bin/sh" insert the following line:

mount -o nolock IP:/path /media/Recordings

(Where "IP" is the IP-Address of your Windows-PC and "path" gives the path to your designated recording-folder; don't forget the ":" behind the IP-Address!)

Restart the MOI through the webinterface.

That's it. The designated folder on your Windows-PC is mounted into the "media/Recordings"-folder on the MOI and all recordings will be stored on your Windows-PC.

Brgds,

FantasticN
fantasticn

Postby steven » Wed Apr 06, 2016 11:56 am

lalacurf121 Wrote:I would like to mount a Windows NTFS-share as well, but it does not seem to work. Any suggestions?
goldenslot

Hi

Here is the guide you can have a look :
viewtopic.php?f=164&t=9689&start=10
mount -o nolock -t nfs 192.168.1.1:/home/test /mnt/nfs

Thanks

Kind Regards

steven
steven

Return to Install and setup