Moderator Control Panel ]

Need Moi streamer setup help (tvheadend problems)

Quick start guide for beginners.

Need Moi streamer setup help (tvheadend problems)

Postby bugs181 » Fri Oct 25, 2013 11:35 pm

So, I just got my Moi streamer in yesterday and been playing with it since. Took me a bit to figure things out. The idea is just WONDERFUL. I want to buy a few more of these boxes AND have my friends buy them too. I love it but just can't seem to get it set up all of the way.

I understand this is more of tvheadend's department so I will be sure to copy this post to their forum as well. Onto my problem.

So for starters, I couldn't find a beginners guide to getting started so had to kind of figure out things using various forum posts. There doesn't seem to be many guides for us North American (USA) folks. I have been using a combination of lyngsat numbers and trying to plug them in.

I also went to the tvheadend IRC channel for help and someone there was kind enough to help a bit before he had to leave.

I guess the problem also comes in with not knowing how to understand lyngsat too well either.

For example, my biggest challenge is deciding whether to use 8PSK or QPSK. (I think my other FTA uses QPSK?)
Or the R/L on lyngsat, which the guy in IRC told me it meant Circular left/right. I read in another forum it equates to Vertical/Horizontal.
Quote: Do you mean the L and the R letters? If so, L means horizontal and R mean Vertical.... is that what you were asking?

Here is how I got to where I am.

I am using a DPLNBF, so I chose the "DBS Bandstacked" option for the sat config. Because I think my LNB is 11250 (DPLNBF)
I did not know what switch port meant so I left it at 0.
I added a multiplex (mux?) manually for one of the spot beams and it added a bunch more by itself. (Using left/right, instead of Horizontal/Vertical)

frequency 12268000
symbol 21500000
fec 2/3
dvb-s
8psk
Circular left

(This was from the help of DereC in IRC on tvheadend channel, whom I never got to thank! So thanks buddy!)

This added a bunch more mux's and services. Some of them show signal and others show no signal on front end. Most of the services had no names.

I added another mux manually but instead of using 8psk chose QPSK and instead of Circular left, chose vertical.
Here are the settings for it:

frequency 12282000
symbol 20000000
fex 7/8
dvb-s
QPSK
Vertical

The signal comes in great on this mux and it found a few services with a few of the names, including the G4 channel (191) that I am able to pull in with CWC.

Theres a few other channels I can pull in but not many (and they seem to be all from the manual mux I put in). The more I play with the settings on manual muxes, the more services get added over time (with names).

So I guess my questions are, is there a guide or easy set up for us American guys that want to use tvheadend? I would hate to have to start from scratch and add all of the muxes by hand. Plus I really don't understand a lot of it. Also, why is it that the autodetected muxes don't seem to be working.

I get a few occasional errors in SSH like:
[ 308.755000] TurboSight TBS 299X Frontend:
[ 308.755000] tbs299xfe - modulation 9 is not supported

Any help would be appreciated. I am sure with some help, I would be up and running in no time. For the channels/services that get added over time, do work. So I feel it's just a matter of getting the right frequencies and settings from lyngsat into tvheadend.
bugs181

Re: Need Moi streamer setup help (tvheadend problems)

Postby SergioDanielG » Sat Oct 26, 2013 12:58 am

Hi bugs181.
Here http://www.ftatv.com.ar/foro/viewtopic.php?f=70&t=13913 you can find a step by step tutorial to configure MOI (in spanish, sorry) and here http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=pl ... y7aMbYi0Fo a video (in spanish too, sorry)
It's for Latin American guys, but maybe it's util to you, too.
Regrads.
SergioDanielG

Return to Install and setup