Moderator Control Panel ]

TVHeaded 3.9 latest GIT for MOI DVB-S2 Streaming Box

What software to use? Good question, do some digging here and find the best one for you.

Re: TVHeaded 3.9 latest GIT for MOI DVB-S2 Streaming Box

Postby krement » Wed Aug 19, 2015 7:14 pm

I just thanks nwagenaar for his lasted update of Oscam, I don't have trouble anyway. Good job ans thanks for tvh too.
krement

Postby DJSubterrain » Wed Aug 26, 2015 1:02 am

Could someone tell me the commands to use over SSH for updating this?

I went into the Home/default folder and used wget to grab the latest file, I presume I can use tar -xz to unzip the package and then just copy over the files to their designated folder and just reboot the MOI? Just want to check before I try it.

I've unpacked the 20150803_tvheadend-git-4.1.362-moi-dvbs2.tar.gz file into my home/default folder and now I have a folder there called tvheadend-git-moi-dvbs2 but when I try to use "cp -f * ./*", to copy the usr folder over, it says "cp: omitting directory 'usr'".

Are the files supposed to go somewhere else?
DJSubterrain

Postby nwagenaar » Fri Aug 28, 2015 5:43 am

Just extract the files on your PC using 7-zip and use WinSCP to transfer them in the folders.

In the tvheadend-git-moi-dvbs2 is the structure of the location where you need to put the files. Just overwrite them :)
nwagenaar

Postby DJSubterrain » Sun Aug 30, 2015 8:26 am

OK, I think I've managed to update both TVHeadend and also VDR from the files on your other thread, I've got a new problem now though, TVHeadend has changed quite a bit from the previous configuration methods.

I'm following this YouTube tutorial to set up the two inputs but when I'm trying to add a network for Astra/Eutelsat 28.2E, there is no "Pre-defined Muxes" showing in the "Edit Network" dialog box, the Orbital Position is available but no options are shown under "Pre-defined Muxes", see below:

In the system log in TVHeadend it shows "2015-08-30 10:00:57.649 linuxdvb: TurboSight TBS 2990 DVBS/S2 frontend : DVB-S #0 - failed to tune [e=Invalid argument]" if I click on Force Scan, presumably because it's missing the Pre-defined Muxes.

Is there a config file I should be uploading/selecting for this or is there a problem in the files? I did see a list of files in the following folder "20150803_tvheadend-git-4.1.362-moi-dvbs2\tvheadend-git-moi-dvbs2\usr\share\dvb\dvb-s" which I presume is where it should be showing the list for me to select from?

EDIT: Found the problem, in the General tab there was no entry in "DVB scan files path:", so I added "/usr/share/dvb" in there and the list was shown after I restarted

Also, I don't suppose there's any way to add a Bouquet for Sky UK or FreeSat UK? I found the "20150803_tvheadend-git-4.1.362-moi-dvbs2\tvheadend-git-moi-dvbs2\usr\share\tvheadend\data\conf\fastscan" file but there's no entry in there and I wouldn't know what to add.

I did find this which looks like a good effort to get a full channel list for Sky UK:

https://tvheadend.org/boards/5/topics/11130
DJSubterrain

Postby larch » Mon Sep 07, 2015 2:41 am

Did anyone have any issues with EPG grabbing?

I managed to install 4.1.362 relatively easily although I needed to reconfigure. I have some 400 channels (mostly rubbish) but for some reason my EPG will not grab. Force EPG grab does nothing even with the debug logging turned on.

I have the OTA uk freesat and EIT grabbers turned on. I have switched the XMLTV ones off as I don't see an tvgrab file.

Am I missing something?

Edit:

Yup the epg mux for freesat. Apparently one the clean configure I left some stuff at auto (slaps wrist). If anyone comes across this i fixed the epg with the following channel:

{
"quality": 100,
"enabled": 1,
"status": "OK",
"transportstreamid": 2315,
"originalnetworkid": 59,
"network": "Freesat",
"frequency": 11428000,
"initialscan": 0,
"symbol_rate": 27500000,
"fec": "2/3",
"polarisation": "Horizontal",
"modulation": "QPSK",
"delivery_system": "SYS_DVBS",
"rolloff": "ROLLOFF_35",
"satconf": "1"
}

Then edit the list and set the scan to pend > save. It scans then force an epg grab.
larch

Postby uzmaster » Thu Sep 10, 2015 8:07 pm

Hello,

I recently put the build of TVH 4.1 from here on my MOI DVB-S2 (Thx!)
I replaced all files from previous 3.5 and after configuring a lot I finally got it to work (Web-IF, not yet streamed so far)

After searching muxes and mapping them I had to fight a serious problem:
The system refused to work and even wasn't not longer in my network.

Debugging from the console I found the reason:

df: 100% Disk usage !
ifconfig: no more eth0 !

In this stage I accidentially must have changed something to the network settings with the Web-IF and there was no more space left to store it.

Issued "du" and I found the bad guy:

There was a file "/.hts/tvheadend/epgdb.v2" which occupied the previously existing diskspace of about 32MB!

I removed it and reconfigered the network and I am up again.

New search and map on muxes, but this file does not show up again!

What is this file for?
(new 30.09.2015: I found out it is for storing EPG; you can disable the option to store the EPG periodically to avoid this file)

How can one configure TVHeadend so that diskspace has some safety margin?

Next problem:
I tried to use "Blackbox Pro" on my iPad, which worked with 3.5
Previously I setup "Version 3.8, old Interface" in the BP settings.
Now I had to switch the settings to "Version 3.9"
Any stream now shows only one or two frames, then it freezes and the popup for a lost connection comes up.

With 3.5 it was similar that there was a short freeze after switching channel, but then the stream flow was constant.

I already posted the problem to th BP People.
Any idea what can be wrong?
Info: I not yet tried to stream to VLC on my PC (lack of time) but I will do soon.

Info2: Streaming to VLC (Win7) is no problem!

Info3 (added 18.09.2015): SAT>IP works on Port 554 with Elgato "SAT>IP" App on iPad2 and Samsung S2

Thank you so far
Thomas
uzmaster

Postby Nereos » Mon Feb 15, 2016 3:01 pm

Hello,

I`m new here. I bought a used MOI and it works so far good. Main problem for me is to change the TVH to a newer version.

When i copy over the files in the right directory, I can't reach TVH any more. When I went back to the original one via SD card, everything went fine (But I need also 2 or 3 times to be able to connect to TVH) Does anybody could help me??

Best Rgds,

Nereos
Nereos

Postby Haronych » Mon Mar 28, 2016 3:28 am

Hello everybody!
Does anyone have a newer version?
Haronych

Postby Nereos » Fri Apr 01, 2016 10:50 am

4.1362 you can download it from here.

TVHeadend v4.1.362 is available: http://shalafi.home.xs4all.nl/moi/20150 ... bs2.tar.gz
Nereos

PreviousNext

Return to Software