Moderator Control Panel ]

Forced remote reboot / Rack mountable

Forced remote reboot / Rack mountable

Postby barhom » Tue Feb 26, 2013 8:08 pm

Hey!

One thing missing for this is a way to force a remote reboot over the network. We understand that it doesnt use IPMI but in order to use this in a cluster environment you'd need a way to be sure that you can reboot it remotely even if the kernel has hanged and you cannot SSH into it.

I suggest that TBS develops some kind of "cage" where we can put these Streaming boxes in a rack next to each other. Imagine having 10 of these in 3U for example

Regards,
barhom
barhom

Re: Forced remote reboot / Rack mountable

Postby Julien » Thu Feb 28, 2013 11:56 pm

barhom Wrote:Hey!

I suggest that TBS develops some kind of "cage" where we can put these Streaming boxes in a rack next to each other. Imagine having 10 of these in 3U for example

Nice Idea !
Julien

Re: Forced remote reboot / Rack mountable

Postby gfi » Thu Apr 11, 2013 8:24 am

barhom Wrote:Hey!

One thing missing for this is a way to force a remote reboot over the network. We understand that it doesnt use IPMI but in order to use this in a cluster environment you'd need a way to be sure that you can reboot it remotely even if the kernel has hanged and you cannot SSH into it.

Regards,
barhom

Reboot is avaible over http, or SSH conection ('reboot' command).
gfi

Return to Streaming box development