Moderator Control Panel ]

DVB T/T2 USB stick drivers?

DVB T/T2 USB stick drivers?

Postby mstrzyze » Sun Apr 14, 2013 10:00 pm

Hello

will you add drivers in kernel for your own products for T/T2 in USB version for MOI ?

it would be cool to add it via usb hub
And it will not take too much space :) from NAND..
thx
mstrzyze

Re: DVB T/T2 USB stick drivers?

Postby bob » Fri Apr 19, 2013 10:15 am

HI,
We will have DVBT2/T/C MOI version,and we can't support other brand DVBT stick.
Regards!
bob

Postby linuxstb » Fri Apr 19, 2013 2:44 pm

If the DVB-T stick is supported by kernel 2.6.35 (the version used by TBS), then you could build your own kernel (using the kernel sources provided by TBS) to include the driver.

I've done this with my Hauppauge WinTV Duet dual DVB-T tuner (which uses the dib0700 driver), and it works fine.
linuxstb

Postby mstrzyze » Sun Apr 21, 2013 12:38 am

Bob

i know about plans for _same_ box just with other tuner but:
- if i wanna go also DVBT/T2 - i need to add _another_ box, _another_ power supply.
- how i can manage and watch from single source DVBS/S2 ( MOI ) and T/T2 muxes ( terristal ) ? - i dont think in XBMC you can have 2 parallel TVheadends plugins ( right now im using MOI + Enigma2 )
- focus on one platform than spliiting developement into "n+" ( S/S2, T/T2, Cable ? )
- for me: 2 tuners S/S2 + active hub with 4 DVBT sticks ( 4 muxes here, one T2 as test ) + couple of Smargo readers - everything from single point
- do you think there is bussines case for box with 2 tuners and _two_ CAMS for encrypted DVBT ( most broadcasters providing their own paired boxes )
- keep in mind its headless device - you cant use it as main device ( as i can do with dreambox dm800se )

So thats i think 0.02 euro from my side to have _official_ support of your usb sticks in MOI kernel. i will be more then happy just to buy, connect and watch ..plug'n'play as with MOI..
mstrzyze

Postby rezo » Tue May 14, 2013 4:51 pm

Hi,
is there anyone who have DVB-t enabled kernel? I would be interested as well... Thank

Z.
rezo

Postby gfi » Wed May 15, 2013 3:40 am

@mstrzyze and @rezo

For devices, what isn't in kernel media 2.6.35-7:

There's no problem to compile Your dvb drivers.
You have kernel source at tbs download site.
Targeting Your v4l drivers fo KDIR and buildroot crosscompile tools.

Only don't forget, rootfs is under mdev, not udev, so You need use insmod for init modules in any start script.
Forget at depmod...

@rezo
kernel is already 'dvb opened'. But dvbcore and others modules are part of kernel (build in option).

--------------------------------------------------------
For older devices, what are already in 2.6.35-7:
- compile kernel with patches, by instructions in readme file.
- make menuconfig (check dvb device, what You need)
- make
-------------
- mkdir lib/firmware
- copy firmware file, what You need (someone reported, that he has a problem with init firmware folder (me not), in this case copy fw file to kernel and make it again).
- reboot
gfi

Postby rezo » Wed May 15, 2013 3:27 pm

Thanks for the reply. I will check the kernel sources. I thought that DVB-T drivers cannot be compiled as modules but should be compiled to the kernel , I cannot recall exactly, I will check.
rezo

Postby rezo » Tue May 21, 2013 7:03 pm

Hi,

I successfully compiled the kernel and can see the tuner in Tvheadend, now I need to modify the rootfs accordingly, so it can load on startup. I will let you know if it works.

Z.
rezo

Postby rezo » Wed May 22, 2013 12:56 am

So here it is, I included the fw binary into rootfs but it looks the kernel initializing device earlier and the fw file cannot load. The firmware binary has to be included in the kernel itself. -> binary has to be manualy specified in make menuconfig, now works like a charm
rezo

Postby rezo » Fri Sep 06, 2013 3:59 pm

Dear All,

I have problems with my dib0070 device, it is not able to tune to any frequency, in mumudvb I can see the FE timeouts after 60s. It is quite strange I can see the device under /dev/dvb also the frontend is listed there but it looks something is not OK.

In dmesg I can see:
dib0070: driver disabled by Kconfig

Do you have any Idea? Thanks
Rezo
rezo

Next

Return to Streaming box development