Moderator Control Panel ]

REQ: TBSDTV buildroot config

REQ: TBSDTV buildroot config

Postby nwagenaar » Wed Jul 31, 2013 4:29 am

Greetings,

I got a MOI device a while ago but I really dislike the tvheadend for DVB-S2 purposes and decided to see if I can get VDR running (I was able to get it running on the Raspberry Pi, but there's an issue with the USB where HDTV channels result in artifacts).

I retrieved the latest buildroot and configured the settings according to the tvheadend build-information and added WCHAR/C++ support.

After some hacking and patching I managed to get a VDR binary compiled and was able to run the binary. However, the GCC version was to new (got some depencies missing) and I now need to rebuild the entire buildroot environment based upon GCC 4.4.x again. For me that's the 3rd time to rebuild buildroot.... Yikes.

Instead of me trying to setup a buildroot environment based upon trial and error, is it possible that TBSDTV can upload their original buildroot .config and/or give information about the buildroot version they used?

This would be very much appreciated.
nwagenaar

Re: REQ: TBSDTV buildroot config

Postby gfi » Sat Aug 03, 2013 8:09 am

Buildroot have a standard Cortex A8 setup (LE, armv7a).

Kernel headers from original TBS kernel, uClibc version 0.9.33.2.
I'm using gcc 4.7 (original is 4.5.3).
Shared uClibc = yes
TLS = yes

Enable:
Largefile, Wchar, Gettext support, Locale, MMU
Soft float, opt. only pipe.

Hardware handling:
i2c tools

zlib, openssl, openssh, ncurses, etc.

Next depends of Your target flash system.
Support MTD, Cramfs.

I had some troubles too, but with another tools. In my case, only due to using other gcc version.
But for buildroot, There isn't nothing special. More important are C/CXXFLAGS for s5pv210 optimized.
If You'll trying compile especially VDR, You need add, compile more additional tools, needed by VDR. Control Your pkgconfig in buildroot.
Also, targeting all to Your Buildroot.

Which depencies missing?
gfi

Return to Streaming box development