Moderator Control Panel ]

How to operate Blindscan in ProgDVB with TBS 6925

How to operate Blindscan in ProgDVB with TBS 6925

Postby steven » Fri Sep 16, 2011 9:23 am

ProgDVB is the universal and very powerful software for watching digital TV and listening to radio channels. It supports DVB-S (satellite), DVB-S2, DVB-C (cable), DVB-T (terrestrial) and IPTV sources. It provides blindscan function which enable users to scan their programs without filling specific frequencies.

TBS 6925 PCI-E DVB-S2 Card is a professional satellite PC tuner card, a versatile PC tuner card. Besides supporting blind scan and 32APSK Demodulator, it also supports CCM, VCM, ACM mode, supports multiple Transport Stream receiving, supports Generic Stream capture, and supports up to 190 Mbit/s channel bit rate capture. TBS6925 is fully compatible with windows 7 Media Center and many other popular satellite applications, e.g. DVBDream, DVBViewer, DVBlogic, ProgDVB, Skynet, TSreader.

However, in this case, we have tested blindscan in ProgDVB with TBS 6925. Below are the procedures about how to operate.

1. After you have properly installed the driver for TBS 6925 and ProgDVB software, launch the software. Then, the software will require you to set the LNB. After the setting, the main window of ProgDVB will pop out. Find “Blind search” under the “Channel List” Menu, and you can start the blindscanning.
2. Then, the “Blind search” window will pop out. You will need to do some more settings, such as the frequency range you want to scan, polarization, symbol rate, and modulation etc. After the setting is done, you can click “Start” to initiate blindscan.
Note that you have to set all those parameters in order to proceed with blindscan, which means that at least one option should be ticked on the list. If you could not find your symbol rate on the list, you can define one by yourself by clicking “+” below its column. And then a new window will be popped out, which enable you to add one to the list.
3. While blindscaning, you will see the following window which displays the scanning frequency, signal quality and scanning process on the left, and TV channels found on the right.

4. After the scanning is done, a new window will pop out, where you can find all the new channels, lost channels, and undelete. Please click “OK” to confirm.
5. Now all the channels found will be displayed on the left column of the main window, and you can click any TV channels and watch or record.
So far, blindscan in ProgDVB with TBS 6925 is completed. By doing so, you can search all the channels in a specific frequency range. As to polarization, symbol rate, and modulation, you can set according to your own needs. If you do not have specific needs, you can select them all.

Last but not least, what worth mentioning, TBS 6925 is really a wonderful device for blindscaning. It’s a professional card for high-end users, which can spot some special frequencies that normal cards could not find. For DVB-S2 enthusiasts, TBS 6925 is definitely a “new land” that worth exploring.
steven

Re: How to operate Blindscan in ProgDVB with TBS 6925

Postby satesco » Fri Sep 16, 2011 3:46 pm

steven Wrote:So far, blindscan in ProgDVB with TBS 6925 is completed. By doing so, you can search all the channels in a specific frequency range. As to polarization, symbol rate, and modulation, you can set according to your own needs. If you do not have specific needs, you can select them all.

Indeed it is blindscan of software, but it take a lot time to scan and with questionable results.But with the latest version of ProgDVB scanning can be done in hardware and is more efficient.You dont need to enter SR's because they are found when scanned.And from this point of view TBS6925 card is indeed "definitely a “new land” that worth exploring",as you have said.
Attachments
Snap_2011.09.16_11h09m42s_010.png
ProgDVB Scan with HW!.png
satesco

Postby tempo » Fri Sep 16, 2011 11:33 pm

Satesco is absolutely right, but it is neccessary to add one important link:
http://www.progdvb.com/plugins.html
Download, unpack and place TBS.eBDA2 submodule with TBS.ini config file to the ProgDVB\Modules folder. After that "This device support Hardware Blind Scanner!" script will appear and true hardware blindscan will work.
You need ProgDVB 6.70.x+ for use .eBDA2 submodules.
tempo

Postby satesco » Sat Sep 17, 2011 5:50 pm

tempo Wrote: but it is neccessary to add one important link:
http://www.progdvb.com/plugins.html

Thanks @tempo for the clarification and link that I had to give myself :)
I do not know if it's only happening to me, but I still can not explain the reasons why that happens often when I start a channel,or close player or scan,ProgDVB crashes,freeze and remains stuck in TaskManager?Only by restarting pc it managed to escape from Processes in TM.This happens with any TBS 6925 driver, now come to 1.0.1.11,which work on Windows 7 64 bit.
On this occasion I have to make an observation, I do not know if it is valid for all: perhaps because that ProgDVB has a complex architecture and integrate other applications, perhaps because TBS driver,how knows?, licensed version of ProgDVB Pro works very cumbersome and slow with TBS card.Transition from one channel to another is very slow, and if you accidentally click on that point, the player freezes or crash.For this reason I do not use ProgDVB Pro although has functions that I need, for example diseqc 1.1 for 16 lnbs.Actually I don't yet know why it does not work with DiSEqC 1.1 function although I set well ProgDVB for this operation?Now I'm interested only to see the player go easy and free to stay stuck.
Any useful response is welcome.

ps-Meanwhile, seeing that appeared ProgDVB last version{6.72} that incorporates CrazyCat's module.Also this screenshot show how ProgDVB respond at startup:"NotResponding".QED!
Attachments
CrazyCat modul in ProgDVB.png
satesco

Postby starman345 » Sat Sep 17, 2011 9:32 pm

Hello Satesco, I seem to have the opposite experience with ProgDVb Pro :) For years I found ProgDVB did work like you say, slow, frequent freezing, slow channel changing but for the last few months, I've been keeping up with the new versions...now at 6.72 and I find it works very smoothly, fast channel changes, almost no freezing at all...not sure if it helps but I always disable timeshifting...as I recall it helped in an old version but not sure if that still applies. Also I sometimes find that having "set last channel" selected in settings/options/other will cause freezing so I always un-select that.
I am presently using Driver V 1.0.1.11 although I used previous versions without any apparent difference in ProgDVB. My 6925 is V2. I use Windows XP Pro SP 3,
Its nice to have CrazyCat's sub-modules included in V6.72...he and Prog have done a great job! I noticed with the 6.72 version my 6925 can now control my Gbox 3000 DiSEqC1.2 positioner :D
10' dish- Bullseye II c/ku
55.5W to 139W
Windows 8.1 64 bit
TBS 8922 Prof 7301 TBS 6925
starman345

Postby satesco » Sun Sep 18, 2011 10:07 pm

Hi starman345,
I'm glad you don't have problems with ProgDVB and thank you for response.
With ProgDVB on OS Windows 7 64 bit I had mixed experiences,when good, when not so good.With 1.0.1.9 and 1.0.1.11 drivers I was able to use CrazyCat's submodule but did work slow,etc. Now that I installed the latest version of ProgDVB 6.72, I have another problem: when I scan whatever {Channel Search, Manual Search or BlindSearch}, player crash soon when start.I tried with other versions of ProgDVB and other TBS6925 drivers and every time the player gives me the same crash when scanning.
It seems that these crash is due to missing files or who knows what reasons?Maybe from these two pic. someone{Steven or Bob ?} can determine the cause and find solution of these problems.
I have no problems with other players when using them.
Thanks ;)
Attachments
crash ProgDVB-driver 1.0.1.6.png
crash when start to scan!-16 E.png
satesco

Postby satesco » Thu Sep 29, 2011 3:48 pm

satesco Wrote:It seems that these crash is due to missing files or who knows what reasons?

I have solved the problem with progdvb,installed x32bit version instead of x64.Some system components{codecs,driver}are not stable, as the author of ProgDVB told me.Strange is that only with this player I have problems on 64 bit version.
satesco

Postby starman345 » Fri Sep 30, 2011 12:27 am

I have solved the problem with progdvb,installed x32bit version instead of x64.Some system components{codecs,driver}are not stable, as the author of ProgDVB told me.Strange is that only with this player I have problems on 64 bit version.

Thanks for this information, I will be adding X64 OS at some point in the near future
10' dish- Bullseye II c/ku
55.5W to 139W
Windows 8.1 64 bit
TBS 8922 Prof 7301 TBS 6925
starman345

Postby satesco » Fri Sep 30, 2011 5:01 pm

starman345 Wrote:I will be adding X64 OS at some point in the near future

I used tbs6925 card on Windows XP x32 board,was in the period when I was betatester,but experience with her was mixed:than I had problems with Dvb Viewer,even with DVB Dream,but Progdvb has been good.All the problems I had then I attributed on drivers card,that need to be updated based on several components of the system used as well as with other applications.
Meanwhile I switched to Windows 7 x64.From that moment everything went well both with DVB Viewer and DVB Dream, but instead I used the ProDVB x64 version and player gave me headaches.Luckily Windows 7 Ultimate has that possibility of compatibility with various applications in XP whose drivers or codecs are not valid on new OS.I installed ProgDVB x32 version that works well on x64. Now with ProgDVB I have no crashes, freezing, hanging,and also I can use the player for all types of scans.But more importantly for me,I can configure the diseqc switch 16x1,which I was not able before:everything work well,changing from one satellite to another is instantaneous!
And in a way that is understandable ProgDVB often cause problems;It is the most complicated player and has incorporated many features and news of the last hour,and because of this it uses more computer resources.I hope that all problems that arise in use to disappear now that TBS6925 card came to the attention of the creators of software and I wish they will provide support for all versions of players for this card.An example of happy case is CrazyCat, which was the first to support this card and others.
satesco

Postby feedx » Sun Dec 04, 2011 2:54 pm

I have the same problems like Satesco with Prog DVB. So often crashes are when scan on tp withouut signal. And when I try to choose some channel from the list. Not responding channel everytime cause crashes.
feedx

Next

Return to Windows