Moderator Control Panel ]

MIS, BISS, 16/32APSK

Anything from the case design to the chip inside, from expectation to suggestion, the most important thing is, you are IN.

MIS, BISS, 16/32APSK

Postby deepbluesky » Sat May 25, 2013 11:36 am

Hello,

I would like to know if the MOI can also receive Multiple Input Stream (MIS) as it is being used for example by many italian and french stations at 5W/13E.

Further on can it decode stations that use BISS as it is being used for example by the greek provider Digea at 3.1E if the key is known ?
To be not misunderstood: This is no hacking or whatever. The encryption is just active because the provider chose a cheap way to feed his terrestrial senders and even they themselves provided the key to the public through a magazine which has not changed since 1 year.

And final question: As in the technical specifications is being mentioned 16/32APSK is supported. Does this mean that feeds transmitting in this modulation can be received ? If so then this would be the first standalone receiver that can do that.

Thank you.
deepbluesky

Re: MIS, BISS, 16/32APSK

Postby gfi » Sat May 25, 2013 9:26 pm

deepbluesky Wrote:Hello,

I would like to know if the MOI can also receive Multiple Input Stream (MIS) as it is being used for example by many italian and french stations at 5W/13E.

Further on can it decode stations that use BISS as it is being used for example by the greek provider Digea at 3.1E if the key is known ?
To be not misunderstood: This is no hacking or whatever. The encryption is just active because the provider chose a cheap way to feed his terrestrial senders and even they themselves provided the key to the public through a magazine which has not changed since 1 year.

And final question: As in the technical specifications is being mentioned 16/32APSK is supported. Does this mean that feeds transmitting in this modulation can be received ? If so then this would be the first standalone receiver that can do that.

Thank you.

multistream, I don't think so. You need to know - from specifications only CCM modulation is supported.
As I know on 13E is used ACM/VCM modulation yet, on 5W are some freqs, what isn't ACM/VCM, but for a week I'm outside from west satellites > 13E.
Also multistream, driver and clients need supporting that. I'm not sure, tvheadends supporting this.

Yes, I know, that some providers sending keys for customers (I don't know about Greece todays situation on Digea), but I have info from other provider.
CSA decryption is known and used as public in many application. And some static coding systems (like Biss) use clean decryption method.
But please, don't place any keys, what You're got from providers.
For CLEAN constant control word decryption, You can try TVheadend with support of this:
viewtopic.php?f=98&t=8527

3. 16 and 32APSK - from technical documentation only CCM is supported - back to point 1.
gfi

Postby deepbluesky » Sat May 25, 2013 9:40 pm

Thank you very much indeed for all the detailed information. Look forward in seeing some test on 13E/5W if the lack of implementation of ACM/VCM will lead to no picture/sound.

Of course i won't post any BISS keys. There are hundreds of places where one can find them. This board should remain clean. I just wanted to know if the key can be added on this device if known of course.

Best regards.
deepbluesky

Postby crazycat » Sun May 26, 2013 2:07 am

Physical Layer Scarmbling is not content encryption ! :) This part DVB-S2 modulation scheme, default PLS code for broadcast transmission always root=1 or gold=0.

PLS cone can be changed on modulator, main purposes for better noise tolarance (for example when transmission on same freq, but another polarization). And many 'broadcast-level' demods support PLS control (i think TMAX also). But next - DVB-S2 Multistream with terrestial muxes can receive only STV0900AA or STV090xBAC. This transponders usual marked in MATYPE as ACM/VCM, but used CCM + dummy frames. And STV090x not support real VCM/ACM (mix frames with different modcode), which oftend used for data transmission in GS-mode.
crazycat

Postby deepbluesky » Sun May 26, 2013 4:47 am

So if i understand you well Crazycat this device cannot serve picture/sound of MIS at 13E/5W, right ?
deepbluesky

Postby crazycat » Sun May 26, 2013 10:59 am

can't receive any multistream :) only broadcast DVB-S2 transponders QPSK/8PSK CCM with SR up to 45000Ks (with bus and cpu power limitations)
crazycat

Postby deepbluesky » Sun May 26, 2013 5:44 pm

I see. What a pity. Nevertheless the device remains interesting.
deepbluesky

Return to General discussion