Moderator Control Panel ]

TBS-Matrix V2.3, do I need a different uboot????

TBS-Matrix V2.3, do I need a different uboot????

Postby LSD » Sat Dec 06, 2014 7:10 pm

or is my device just broken?. I got V2.3 this week (4dip switches) and upgraded at first to vpeters OE build and later on to self compiled builds with pcie support. All went smoothly but my NIC was only able to connect at 100MBit/FD. So after making sure that it's not my cables, switches (tried CISCO managed switch, Asus AP and a few others) I decided to go with original TBS build to see what ethtool advertising tells me on these builds so that I can make sure it's not a self made SW problem. Installing Ubunto 12.04 with MfgTool2 just did what it should, told me everything is ok.... reconnected everything to boot into the OS (sure I did switch from Update to Boot again) I was not able to get any picture at all. Well update errors happen so I thought let's try it again or upload some other image, but after MfgTool2 connects, load uboot and boots into OS the last thing that happens is that it enumerates the USB disk (so Linux Storage Gadget....) but than cannot proceed to create a FS on it. Looking in device manager and admin tools I see that the mass storage USB driver gets correctly installed and that Windows sees it (tried this on two PCs), but it has now idea about the size of the disk and can not create a partition. So my question now is is it just a FW problem because V2.3 seems rather new and I did not find anything about it on TBS web site or is my device simply broken?

LSD
LSD

Re: TBS-Matrix V2.3, do I need a different uboot????

Postby franky384 » Tue Dec 09, 2014 12:00 am

LSD Wrote:... is that it enumerates the USB disk ????
LSD

Are you trying to install on a USB disk ? Disconnect all devices from your matrix-tv and install again.
franky384

Postby LSD » Tue Dec 09, 2014 12:03 am

no, nothing at all is connected, so just OTG and power. eMMC = USB storage/disk from the point of view of Windows
LSD

Postby franky384 » Tue Dec 09, 2014 6:09 pm

Look into the file ucl2.xml if there is an option to burn only the uboot to eMMC. if so you can edit the file cfg.ini to only burn the uboot to your eMMC.
In the ubuntu 14 debug download there is this option available. You have to change SabreSD-eMMC in the cfg.ini to SabreSD-eMMC-uboot . Then only the uboot will be written to your eMMC. Maybe this can help with your problem, otherwise your eMMC seems to be corrupt.
franky384

Postby LSD » Tue Dec 09, 2014 6:16 pm

Thank you for your proposal, I will do that in the evening, although MfgTool2 already fails at trying to create the partition for uboot but it's worth a try.
LSD

Postby franky384 » Wed Dec 10, 2014 2:27 am

I mean to remember that i had a similar problem, but trying to update several times corrected the error. Also try another system like the newest openelec or matrixtv.
franky384

Postby LSD » Wed Dec 10, 2014 4:21 am

well, no luck, tried several methods, uboots..... but never ever was able to access the partition table. So I think I'm gonna send it back tomorrow.
LSD

Postby franky384 » Wed Dec 10, 2014 4:37 am

So it seams to be an hardware failure.
franky384

Postby LSD » Wed Dec 10, 2014 4:41 am

yes indeed, I remembere having seen inode errors on the RO filesystem of OpenElec on my custom compiled build but didn't pay too much attention as I was looking after my network problem.
LSD

Return to Install and setup