Moderator Control Panel ]

new Ubuntu 12.04 V2 release on sourceforge

new Ubuntu 12.04 V2 release on sourceforge

Postby riedelralf » Fri Feb 13, 2015 9:59 pm

Hi all,
I hoped that this would be OK even for V.1.3 Hardware but it isn't. Using MfG Tool - stops in the middle.
So i used the old V12.04 V1.0.0.1 tool tree as a basic, exchanged the files rootfs.tar.bz2 to the new one with rootfs.tar.gz, uboot-moipro.* , uImage as well and mksdcard.sh... and modified the XML file to make this work.
I see in the serial log, that now the damned VFAT partition is gone now: Somebody has listen to me? Great.

But here it comes: MfG tool could not finish extraction
<CMD state="Updater" type="push" body="pipe tar -zxv -C /mnt/mmcblk0p1" file="files/rootfs.tar.gz">Sending and writting rootfs</CMD>
because:
var/cache/apt-xapian-index/index.3/synonym.DB
var/cache/apt-xapian-index/index.3/postlist.DB
var/cache/apt-xapian-index/index.3/spelling.DB
tar: short read

MfG tool Error-message:
"Push" error, file="D:\MATRIXTV\TBS-Matrix-Ubuntu_12.04_V1.0.0.1-V2mod\Profiles\MX6Q Linux Update\OS Firmware\files\rootfs.tar.gz"

Can somebody fix this please and please check this and maybe change uboot to a version, the old hardware V.12/3 can handle?
The uboot moipro version should be related to the HW v.21 ? Or is it fitting to both versions?

So I guess this is another try and error release
which wasn't finally tested and deployed to steal customers time.
riedelralf

Re: new Ubuntu 12.04 V2 release on sourceforge

Postby riedelralf » Thu Feb 19, 2015 8:07 pm

So no Reply because of chinese new years holidays? The year of the sheep has already began now? Are we all sheeps now?
Nobody is able to upload the corrected error free rootfs.tar.gz or bz2 to sourceforge?
riedelralf

Postby riedelralf » Thu Mar 12, 2015 7:09 pm

Hey guys, whats up ?
Can the 12.04 V2 Uploader do it again please?
i have checked again the zip and the rootfs.tar.gz is corrupt.
No action from China in one month to this request !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
riedelralf

Postby suspension » Tue Apr 07, 2015 8:18 pm

I am having the exact same issue. Please let us know how to fix this.
suspension

Postby vpeter » Tue Apr 07, 2015 8:51 pm

suspension Wrote:Please let us know how to fix this.
Image must be uploaded again.
But I made quick compare between this new (corrupted) version and old one and there is no much differences.
You can help me buy new work notebook with paypal donation, after 8 years it's time to upgrade.
https://www.paypal.com/cgi-bin/webscr?cmd=_s-xclick&hosted_button_id=FLVT7ACMYAPS6
vpeter

Postby riedelralf » Thu Apr 09, 2015 11:41 pm

At least the file system is ext3 only w/o having the 500mB Fat partition for Kernel and rootfs for booting.
So Kernel updates are more convenient and linux related.
Whats necessary is: all Kernel drivers and headers should be deployed with that image, to be able to update/complile them incl. TBS driver w/o external linux and crosscompiling necessary. Same for the RTL usb based wifi device...
That makes life much easier even to add some tools i.e. use WIFI as Accesspoint to seperate from streaming GbE port.

cheers 4now
riedelralf

Return to Announcements