Moderator Control Panel ]

Diseqc reset during blind scan!

Diseqc reset during blind scan!

Postby mjahabarsadiq » Sat Sep 17, 2016 4:36 am

Dear Friends,

I am new to the DVB card world. I am using TBS 5990 for the past one week only. I am facing a problem while doing blind scan. I have 4 dish setup and a total of 8 LNBs (one of them is monoblock LNB).

I am using Diseqc 1.1 (8x1) and 1.0 (4x1 - actually 2.0) switches in my setup.

Monoblock LNB is connected to port 1 of 8x1 switch.
5 more LNBs are also connected to port 2 till port 6 of 8x1 switch.
2 other LNBs are connected to port 1 and port 2 of the 4x1 switch. The output of 4x1 switch is connected to port 7 of 8x1 switch.

All blind scans are working fine if I am selecting the desired ports for Diseqc 1.1 except when I am selecting port 7 for which I am also selecting Diseqc 1.0 ports.

The monoblock LNB which has built-in Diseqc 1.0 is also working fine if I am selecting port 1 for 1.1 and port 1/2 for Diseqc 1.0.

Problem-1:
But I don't know why it is not working when I am selecting port 7 of 1.1 and port 1/2 of 1.0.

Particularly when I am selecting port 2 for 1.0 switch, it is reading from that port only for one polarization. When it start scanning other polarization, the port is getting moved to port 1 automatically.

But the above said problem is not happening when I am selecting port 1 for 1.1 and port 2 for 1.0 which is actually built-in Diseqc 1.0 of monoblock.

I am using EBS Blind Scan version 4.3.
Replaced the StreamReader.dll with latest one from the below link.

http://crazycat69.narod.ru/sattelite/St ... Ex-BDA.rar

Whether the version 2.0 of the switch is the problem?

But the same setup is working perfectly when I am connecting with DVB Dream and in my existing set top box.

Problem-2:
Also, when I completed scanning by selecting port 7 for 1.1 and port 1 for 1.0, if I am selecting another satellite profile which is also from port 1 of 1.1 but port 2 of 1.0, the card is still reading from port 1 of 1.0 though the commands are sent correctly in the logs.

Please help me to fix this since I am not able to use the device efficiently.

Not sure if it is the problem with the device.

I contacted CrazyScan support as well. They are also suspecting it to be a hardware issue.

Thanks,
Sadiq
mjahabarsadiq

Re: Diseqc reset during blind scan!

Postby mjahabarsadiq » Sun Sep 18, 2016 12:58 am

TBS Team,

Please look into the problem :(
mjahabarsadiq

Postby luchy » Mon Sep 26, 2016 11:44 am

as I know, the current players such as dvbdream transedit and dvbviewer don't support multi-level diseqc using. because we can get command log on our driver print of them, such as( e0, 10, 38, fx )and ( e0,10,39, fx) the second command is diseqc address, cmd 0x10 means to send to all diseqc. so there is no able to exactly make a response on multi-level diseqc.
so the result will be the same with your test, they will work well alone. but will have problem together.
luchy

Postby mjahabarsadiq » Tue Sep 27, 2016 6:33 pm

Hi Lucy,

Thanks for the reply!

First would like to clear that I am not comparing set top box with TBS 5990 from performance perspective. I am just comparing with set top box just to say that the signals are good.

Regarding the Diseqc 1.1+ Deseqc 1.0 combination, it is working well in DVB Dream software. But it is not working with other blind scanning software like EBS and CrazyScan.

The problem is, either the 1.1 or 1.0 port is resetting to port 1. Restarting the TBS (by switching off the power and switching on again) and restarting the blind scanning tool, the problem is getting resolved. But I am expecting it should be working even without restarting the device. Probably, it could be software issue as well since DVBDream is working well whenever I am switching to any satellite on any ports of 1.1+1.0 in any order at any number of times. At least I can manage this by restarting the device. This is less critical.

But now I am facing another problem which is packet loss from a particular satellite.

As I mentioned earlier, I have 9 satellites setup and all others are working fine except this.
It is happening in ST 2 satellite which is located at 88*E.
The signal level is more than 81% in all the 12 TPs of the satellite.
Out out 12 TPs, one of the TP 11050 H 30000 is not having channels from the provider itself.
But rest of the 11 TPs are having channels.

I am using DVB Dream (and also tried DVB Viewer) to scan the channels from all my satellites.

Out of these 11 TPs, at least 2 TPs are returning no channels found error while doing auto scan and also manual scan. But those 2 TPs are not fixed TPs. It is happening randomly on different TPs.

Except 3 TPs, all other TPs are scanning the channels as "Nameless".

While tuning to the scanned channels, the picture is not stable. I am seeing huge number of packet losses on those channels.

I have other satellites whose signal level are much lower comparing this satellite channels (they are 65% too) and working seamlessly.

I have no other "card" to test the same satellite in those other cards.

But I am very sure that the signals are at its maximum level.

I am contacting DVB Dream team as well but the reply from them is saying packet loss is happening from device.

ST2 satellite is having 54Mhz transponders. Out of 12 TPs, 9 TPs are having S/R as 44999 and 1 TP is having S/R as 43978. 2 other TPs are having S/R as 30000. The TP having 30000 S/R is not returning any nameless channels but I can't check the video since the channel sin that TP are scrambled.

I hope to get this issue solved either from TBS side or from DVBDream side or with a proper software recommendation from you.

Please note that I am not here to blame the card but would like raise the issues that I am facing with the card and get them fixed so that I can use them.

Waiting for your reply.

Thanks,
Sadiq
mjahabarsadiq

Postby crazycat » Wed Sep 28, 2016 1:06 am

DiseqC 1.1 issue maybe related to unstable behavior your switch when 13v supplied. STB's usual have 'boosted' LNB voltage ( 14/19v instead 13/18v), this help compensate voltage loss on long cable and often help avoid unstable diseqc switch behavior.

Next is stream loss on 70+ mbit transponders - this related to cx23102 usb media controller and isochronous transfer mode. Bulk mode allow transfer high bitrate. So ask Luchy for driver mod with bulk transfer mode :-)

P.S. High-bitrate issue was solved in linux drivers - https://github.com/crazycat69/linux_med ... -241319670
crazycat

Postby mjahabarsadiq » Wed Sep 28, 2016 10:23 am

crazycat Wrote:DiseqC 1.1 issue maybe related to unstable behavior your switch when 13v supplied. STB's usual have 'boosted' LNB voltage ( 14/19v instead 13/18v), this help compensate voltage loss on long cable and often help avoid unstable diseqc switch behavior.

Next is stream loss on 70+ mbit transponders - this related to cx23102 usb media controller and isochronous transfer mode. Bulk mode allow transfer high bitrate. So ask Luchy for driver mod with bulk transfer mode :-)

P.S. High-bitrate issue was solved in linux drivers - https://github.com/crazycat69/linux_med ... -241319670

Thanks @crazycat bro..

@luchy - Please look into this.. I also confirmed that the channels tuned from 11050 V TP which is having S/R 30000 are not having packet losses. But other TPs having S/R 43768 or 45000 are having huge number of packet losses. Signal levels are same for all those TPs (above 75%).
mjahabarsadiq

Postby mjahabarsadiq » Wed Sep 28, 2016 12:23 pm

crazycat Wrote:DiseqC 1.1 issue maybe related to unstable behavior your switch when 13v supplied. STB's usual have 'boosted' LNB voltage ( 14/19v instead 13/18v), this help compensate voltage loss on long cable and often help avoid unstable diseqc switch behavior.

Regarding the DeseqC 1.1 issue while doing blind scan using CrazyScan, should I try changing the 1.1 switch?
mjahabarsadiq

Postby crazycat » Mon Oct 03, 2016 8:19 am

check latest test build StreamReaderEx-BDA

LNB voltage forced 18V before Diseqc cmd (DiSEqCHV option in streamreader.ini).
crazycat

Postby mjahabarsadiq » Mon Oct 03, 2016 2:07 pm

crazycat Wrote:check latest test build StreamReaderEx-BDA

LNB voltage forced 18V before Diseqc cmd (DiSEqCHV option in streamreader.ini).

Thanks bro! I will try this once I am home :)

mjahabarsadiq

Postby mjahabarsadiq » Mon Oct 03, 2016 2:08 pm

Hi Luchy,

I got a chance to read the below page where I found the phrase "Eumesat VCM signal supported, solved mass packets loss issue". Is it something related to my problem? Though it is for some other modle, just thinking :)

http://www.tbsdtv.com/news/drivers-appl ... pdate.html

Thanks,
Sadiq
mjahabarsadiq

Next

Return to Windows