Moderator Control Panel ]

New TVHeadend *UNSTABLE* version: 4.1-2211

Re: New TVHeadend *UNSTABLE* version: 4.1-2211

Postby costan » Wed Oct 26, 2016 11:10 pm

jtrefil Wrote:
costan Wrote:Ops.. sorry my bad. I gave you another oscam (same CPU type, different subversion and kernel) for another ARM box I have (not TBS, and Android based).

Please use this link:

http://www.costan.org/moiplus/oscam-svn11272

Thank you, now works wonderfully. :D :D :D

Does the card reader work? I think it shouldn't.. but my memory is not good enough...
costan

Postby jtrefil » Wed Oct 26, 2016 11:30 pm

costan Wrote:
jtrefil Wrote:
costan Wrote:Ops.. sorry my bad. I gave you another oscam (same CPU type, different subversion and kernel) for another ARM box I have (not TBS, and Android based).

Please use this link:

http://www.costan.org/moiplus/oscam-svn11272

Thank you, now works wonderfully. :D :D :D

Does the card reader work? I think it shouldn't.. but my memory is not good enough...

Yes, reader works. :) :) I attach my configuration files.
Compared to the old version is a bit webif braked but it works .. :D
oscam.zip
(1.35 KiB) Downloaded 309 times
jtrefil

Postby lukazi » Fri Nov 11, 2016 2:33 pm

Hello,
could You please write here some short HowTo crosscompile tvheadend for MOI+?
I compiled it for MOI many times using buildroot, but I have no success with MOI+.

Thank You, L
lukazi

Postby ivx675 » Wed Nov 16, 2016 6:02 pm

Hi,

Is there chance that you can compile more recent version ?

Current version is pretty stable, i have 2 issues only:
1) Over 700MHZ channels take ca 30 sec to switch
2) Randomly channel switching plays audio only(no video). Switching between channels will eventaully correct this.

Not sure if this are related to TVHeadend or MOI+ old DVB-T drivers ...
ivx675

Postby costan » Wed Nov 16, 2016 7:21 pm

ivx675 Wrote:Hi,

Is there chance that you can compile more recent version ?

Current version is pretty stable, i have 2 issues only:
1) Over 700MHZ channels take ca 30 sec to switch
2) Randomly channel switching plays audio only(no video). Switching between channels will eventaully correct this.

Not sure if this are related to TVHeadend or MOI+ old DVB-T drivers ...

For this, check your client. I have very different behaviour depending on client. Old iPad with Kodi 16.1 on wireless being the worst, while the old iMac using Kodi 14.2 on a wired ethernet never failing a shot.
Just try by getting the IP stream (use VLC or wget and copy it to a file) from a wired client and check if the problem still exists.
costan

Postby ivx675 » Thu Nov 17, 2016 4:04 pm

Windows Kodi 17, android kodi 17 and VLC, all open over 700mhz channels very long time.
So it cant be player problem, i suspect DVB drivers but it also can be TvHeadend related, never know ...
ivx675

Postby costan » Sat Nov 26, 2016 6:01 am

ivx675 Wrote:Windows Kodi 17, android kodi 17 and VLC, all open over 700mhz channels very long time.
So it cant be player problem, i suspect DVB drivers but it also can be TvHeadend related, never know ...

Ok, I'll try to compile most recent.. I should find my notes about 4.1.. it was hard to have it working..
costan

Postby ForumFan » Wed Nov 30, 2016 6:03 pm

Costan thanks so much for your great job.
Thank's to only you we have current versions of Tvheadend.
TBS is not updating MOI+ software and not supporting customers releasing updates.

I just wondering if you be able to release current build of Tvheadend because since last of your release 31-Aug-2016 quite lot of changes were made in 4.1.

Thanks again for your job and support.
ForumFan

Postby costan » Wed Nov 30, 2016 10:49 pm

ForumFan Wrote:Costan thanks so much for your great job.
Thank's to only you we have current versions of Tvheadend.
TBS is not updating MOI+ software and not supporting customers releasing updates.

I just wondering if you be able to release current build of Tvheadend because since last of your release 31-Aug-2016 quite lot of changes were made in 4.1.

Thanks again for your job and support.

Hello,

I'm happy you and the other guys appreciate my work.

To be honest, Steven from TBS released a 4.1 a while ago, but I think there should be a more frequent and predictable release management from TBS. Nevertheless, the box still rocks, so I'm happy with hacking with it by myself.. and of course sharing if it worths.

About the new release, I don't have so much time these days and I'm still stick to 4.0.8 on my box, since it works flawlessly and my family does not appreciate downtimes.

Anyway, I think 4.2 (that means the current 4.1) should be the target and I need to test it with H.265 4k streams, but since I have DVB-T only on the box, here in Italy the only 4k channel by DVB-T is broadcasting now and then (mainly big soccer matches, and I'm not a big soccer fan and I always discover about it two or three days after..).

I'll try to play a little with the recent change, and if I get it working I'll post a new thread in the forum. I'm not promising anything, nor committing to a date, but I hope I get all the small changes I made for 4.1 (I just remember it was a nightmare to have it compiling..).
costan

Postby costan » Thu Dec 01, 2016 6:56 am

I did it.

Check

viewtopic.php?f=164&t=10154

for the lastest.

It wasn't easy to have it compiling, but I left myself some clues hidden in the old tree.. in the format of something I did not cleaned up after compiling the previous version :) .
costan

Previous

Return to MOI+