Moderator Control Panel ]

Problems under Windows7 MCE

Re: Problems under Windows7 MCE

Postby Skryten » Mon Sep 05, 2011 5:55 pm

Thanks for the update.

I received this from TBS Support:

"
Hi,

we are trying to fix this problem,i hope we could provide you new drivers few days later.

Thanks!"

Please let us know when the problem is fixed and thanks again for looking into this issue. Windows 7 64bit has been around for a while....

Cheers
Skryten

Postby bob » Tue Sep 06, 2011 2:22 pm

Hi,
please help me make a test with the update driver,here is the link: http://hotfile.com/dl/129097572/5c31581 ... r.rar.html
And please tell me the test result.
Thanks!
bob

Postby jjj » Tue Sep 06, 2011 4:47 pm

bob Wrote:Hi,
please help me make a test with the update driver,here is the link: http://hotfile.com/dl/129097572/5c31581 ... r.rar.html
And please tell me the test result.
Thanks!

Sounds great, and happy to test. However, I've no way of knowing this update is from TBS. Can you please host on your website so I can have confidence in the source of this update.
jjj

Postby cody » Tue Sep 06, 2011 5:31 pm

jjj Wrote:However, I've no way of knowing this update is from TBS.

exactly the contrary - you can be absolutely sure, because any driver (*.SYS) issued by TBS is digitally signed and time-stamped when exactly is signed:

Right Click on the *.SYS file --> Properties --> Digital Signatures tab

so, no one can modified the driver files without destroying the digital signature.

last, but not least, i think it's common sense that no one else can provide driver update for hardware developed by TBS except the TBS itself.
cody

Postby bob » Tue Sep 06, 2011 5:58 pm

Hi all,
I made the windows drivers,sorry for not declared it at first.
If there are any questions,please email to support@tbsdtv.com,i will answer you.
Thanks!
bob

Postby jjj » Tue Sep 06, 2011 7:04 pm

cody Wrote:
jjj Wrote:However, I've no way of knowing this update is from TBS.

last, but not least, i think it's common sense that no one else can provide driver update for hardware developed by TBS except the TBS itself.

I agree that only TBS would make driver updates, but someone could post on this open forum that they have new drivers for a TBS product... when they're actually using it as a way to distribute a virus.

Signing is the technical solution, I'd not looked in the contents of the file that was posted as I wanted to make sure it was from the right source first.

You may want to consider how you can make TBS employee accounts on this forum look different to those of general users. That would help with confidence in posts.
jjj

Postby jjj » Tue Sep 06, 2011 7:05 pm

bob Wrote:Hi all,
I made the windows drivers,sorry for not declared it at first.
If there are any questions,please email to support@tbsdtv.com,i will answer you.
Thanks!

No problems, and thanks for getting this update made so quickly and giving us early access to a copy.

I'll look at getting this installed tonight.
jjj

Postby Skryten » Tue Sep 06, 2011 9:01 pm

Hi jjj

I received the link directly from TBS Support and can verify further dialogue directly with Bob.

Have installed the new driver and it does make a huge difference to my system. All channels now work perfect;y.

Have had a couple of messages on recordings where it says No Signal - but recording still works and the channel works when selected from Guide.

Definitely a step in the right direction....thanks Bob
Skryten

Postby Skryten » Tue Sep 06, 2011 9:15 pm

hi again

jjj where in the world are you located?

I'm in Australia.

Just spoke to a technician at TranquilPC in the UK and they do not have any problems with UK based users. I wonder if this issue has anything to do with regional specific requirements.

Bob?
Skryten

Postby jjj » Tue Sep 06, 2011 9:40 pm

Skryten Wrote:hi again

jjj where in the world are you located?

I'm in Australia.

Just spoke to a technician at TranquilPC in the UK and they do not have any problems with UK based users. I wonder if this issue has anything to do with regional specific requirements.

Bob?

I'm in the UK, and purchased the card from TranquilPC. When I called them about the problems, they pointed me at TBS as I'd just purchased the card rather than a complete system.

From a user experience point, my system has been working OK with the exception of the "No Signal" error on a random basis. Guide shows the channels, and typically it all works. Sounds like you had more serious usability issues?
jjj

PreviousNext

Return to Windows