Moderator Control Panel ]

(TBS6528) lost packets - PCIe config?

(TBS6528) lost packets - PCIe config?

Postby Scrambler » Sat Nov 18, 2017 12:29 am

Hello,

I recently upgraded my PC to Ryzen 7 build: https://valid.x86.fr/h44rmu - config description.
I installed the latest drivers v 1.0.1.2 for my TBS6528 card.

The issue I'm having watching DVB-C TV channels on TBS6528 with latest ProgDVB and DVBDream is that the picture sometimes stops and falls apart. DVBDream reports lost packets at that moment.
The weird thing is this may or may not happen.
Initially I thought that it is motherboard issue - maybe it does not properly initialize clock generator for the sound card (because often sound goes out of sync with video). But today, when I saw lost packets (or even absent packets for several seconds), I'm considering an option with TBS6528 drivers or PCIe bus config.

Is there any option related to PCIe bus that can cause TBS6528 faulty operating?

The reason I'm asking this question is that Asus ROG CROSSHAIR VI EXTREME motherboard has a lot of options to config a lot of things. Despite currently I'm using stock factory settings, I suspect some of them may affect TBS6528 operating mode and I need to explicitly set something to On/Off, Enable/Disable instead of "Auto" or whatever is set in BIOS by default.
Scrambler

Re: (TBS6528) lost packets - PCIe config?

Postby steven » Sat Nov 18, 2017 2:56 pm

Hi

What about the signal do you have used any splitter ? make sure that the signal is well and some BIOS setting please try with this :
disabled some options in the BIOS, such as intel AMT, idle power savings, turbo boost.

Thanks

Kind Regards

steven
steven

Postby Scrambler » Sat Nov 18, 2017 10:48 pm

Hello Steven
steven Wrote:Hi

What about the signal do you have used any splitter ?

Yes, I use a splitter, but the card is connected to "pass-thru" port. Also in my previous rig (different hardware, the same card and connection) I didn't have that issue.
I don't know if the driver reports reliable signal data. I made a video recording in which you can see that signal level and quality is more or less the same on all transponders.

make sure that the signal is well and some BIOS setting please try with this :
disabled some options in the BIOS, such as intel AMT, idle power savings, turbo boost.

OK. I'll try to find those options and disable them. Also I'll try to use the drivers you provided me for my previous rig, about a year ago, when the card couldn't detect any frequency.

The problem now is - this issue is not persistent - it may appear very often and nasty on one PC launch and it may not appear for entire day. I'm keen to blame the BIOS, because if I change any option in BIOS and then revert it back - the problem seems to be gone until next cold boot. But maybe we can find an option which will help to get rid of this issue permanently.

Here a made a long video recording of how it happens (if the video is in low res, please, wait a bit while Google Photos will process it and make it full resolution 1920x1200).
https://photos.app.goo.gl/Gd11yBN8XfVEittJ2

00:48 - a small glitch - you can hear that the audio was disrupted
04:27 - a couple of glitches in a row - picture hold and than picture decomposition
09:38 - a nasty glitch - looks like DVBDream even had to reset the card
15:19 - small video corruption

Maybe this information will help you to guide me in the right direction.
Scrambler

Postby Scrambler » Sat Nov 18, 2017 11:04 pm

Steven, please, disregard signal levels in the video from my response above.
I just installed the old drivers, you provided me last year, and the signal levels are much higher now. So the drivers are lying about signal level and quality.
old.drv.png

PS: What was strange - when I installed these old drivers (attached to the message), Windows said that the configuration of my system has changed and I have to reboot the computer.
Attachments
6528_test.zip
(106.72 KiB) Downloaded 367 times
Scrambler

Postby Scrambler » Sat Nov 18, 2017 11:21 pm

Looks like, with the old driver the problem disappeared. Need to observe for several days.
Scrambler

Postby steven » Sun Nov 19, 2017 9:36 am

Hi Scrambler

Thanks for your detail update for the older driver can you tell us that which version you are using now ?
we will have a check what the difference is .

Thanks

Kind Regards

steven
steven

Postby Scrambler » Sun Nov 19, 2017 2:47 pm

steven Wrote:Hi Scrambler

Thanks for your detail update for the older driver can you tell us that which version you are using now ?
we will have a check what the difference is .

Hello Steven,
Currently I'm using the old version (1.0.0.2) you compiled for my old rig with Phenom II 955.
It is attached to this post: viewtopic.php?f=196&t=24740#p52955
Please, note: that 1.0.0.2 version is not the one that was downloadable from TBS site. You connected to my PC via TeamViewer, did some experiment and after that you provided me with 1.0.0.2 version attached to the post above. It is the only version I used on my Phenom II 955 rig - the others weren't able to lock/scan the DVB-C transponder. And I'm not aware what changes did you do in this specific drivers build for me.

Yesterday for about 6 hours of usage I didn't observe any issues with that (1.0.0.2) driver on my new Ryzen 7 1800X rig.
Will do more testing today.

The driver which wasn't stable is the newest one available on TBS site: v 1.0.1.2 (you can see it at about 05:40 on the video above)
Scrambler

Postby Scrambler » Tue Nov 21, 2017 1:46 am

Now I can confirm - no observable issues on that old 1.0.0.2 driver - no frame corruption, no video-audio sync issues, no card resets.
Scrambler

Postby smile » Tue Nov 21, 2017 9:37 am

Hi,
Thanks for your test report. we will check the two drivers difference. then we will release the new drivers.

Best Regards
smile

Postby Scrambler » Fri Nov 24, 2017 6:35 pm

Hi.

Quick update from my side:

Yesterday I had to make a clean installation of Windows 10 Pro x64 with all the latest updates (clean Windows 10 x64 installation + latest updates -> chipset and peripherals drivers -> again Windows updates in case it sees that it should install something that wasn't previously properly configured in terms of hardware -> software installation). And I tried to take my chance and installed the latest TBS6528 driver v 1.0.1.2. And now it works fine (yes, the driver reports low signal level and not perfect signal quality, but it looks like this doesn't have any impact on the experience https://youtu.be/-CToZ9HRY1s ).

I suspect that the reason for abnormal card behavior previously was Windows 10 Fall Creators update - it has a lot of bugs even after clean install. I think that on my previous installation which I used for over 6 months, Windows 10 Fall Creators update didn't manage to properly configure itself and caused various issues, the one with TBS6528 driver v 1.0.1.2 was the most significant.
Scrambler

Next

Return to TBS6528 Multi Standard Dual Tuner CI PCI-e Card