Moderator Control Panel ]

Rebuilding software for TBS 6281 card

It's important to keep your driver and software updated.

Re: Rebuilding software for TBS 6281 card

Postby tvbob » Wed Jul 08, 2020 1:20 am

Thanks for the feedback all. Can confirm the steps pasted above by steven et al did work for me on both Arch and Ubuntu.
My bad for not picking up on the fact the full link to drivers was already posted further up the thread!

;)
tvbob

Postby Benjy » Sat Jul 11, 2020 5:55 am

I succeded building/installing on Fedora 30 with kernel 5.6.13-100.fc30.x86_64 using Scritch fix (for undefined fwnode_get_name) but I also had to disable OV9650 (to fix undefined __devm_regmap_init_sccb). Note that you will need to apply the fix after "make distclean" for it to work properly. My full procedure for building and installing:
Code: Select All Code
cd tbs/media
git remote update && git pull
git clean -ffdx
cd ../media_build
git remote update && git pull
git clean -ffdx
make dir DIR=../media
make distclean
echo "#define NEED_FWNODE_GETNAME 1" > ./v4l/config-mycompat.h # Fix undefined fwnode_get_name on kernel 5.6
sed -i '/VIDEO_OV9650/d' ./v4l/versions.txt && sed -i '/9.255.255/a VIDEO_OV9650' ./v4l/versions.txt # Fix undefined __devm_regmap_init_sccb on kernel 5.6 by skipping OV9650 build
make -j6
sudo mv /lib/modules/$(uname -r)/kernel/drivers/media/ ~/media_$(uname -r) # Still needed to fix install mismatch issues!?
sudo make install
sudo reboot

This is of course only working around the lacking support for kernel 5.6. The sed:s will also leave a modified "media_build/v4l/versions.txt". Use "git checkout -- v4l/versions.txt" to restore the original file.
Benjy

Postby mollcons » Sat Aug 15, 2020 3:50 am

I have tried this suggested solution several times - none of them have worked. I need a reliable script that will reinstall the drivers on my Fedora PC every time a new kernel gets installed, without me having to get the TBSDTV team to do the job for me.

Until earlier this year, I had such a script that worked perfectly, but something changed and now it fails every time.
mollcons

Postby briogoog » Sat Sep 12, 2020 10:49 pm

Benjy - Thanks,
Just updated to ubuntu 20.04, I've used a tbs 6280 for many years, always had minor problems upgrading but never like this. Your guide above worked for me for kernel 5.4.
Thanks for adding
-Brian
briogoog

Previous

Return to Driver & Software Update