Moderator Control Panel ]

TBS6590 driver/ntdll crash

TBS6590 driver/ntdll crash

Postby fatal » Wed Jan 06, 2021 4:25 am

Hi,

I have a TBS6590 (support replaced my 5580 a few months ago since CI was crashing on it). It's almost completely OK, however there is one encrypted channel (every other channel is ok, both encrypted and unencrypted) where the driver (or the CI API causing this) causing an ntdll crash.

I'm using DVB-C with symbolrate 6875 and QAM 256, and only one channel behaves this way, so I think it's a software issue. It affects both DVBViewer and DVBDream. I don't watch this channel frequently (BBC Earth HD), therefore I didn't notice this until dec. 2020. On the same frequency (642mhz) there are two more channels, but they're unencrypted and playback is ok on them (I don't know if this matters or not).

It's somehow related to the encryption/decryption, yesterday my provider added and removed some channels and there was a few hours when all channels were unencrypted, and in that time playback was working on this channel too.

DVBDream crashes completely with an NTDLL error when I switch to the channel, while in DVBViewer I only see the exception in the logs and the screen is black (in dvb source properties dvbviewer writes that both audio and video is connected but no data - obviusly because something is crashed).

I've tried both driver version 1.0.1.3 and 1.0.1.4 with CI API DLL 1.0.2.0, 1.0.2.2, 1.0.2.3 (downloaded from MediaPortal NuGet) and 1.0.2.4 (you sent me this as the last test for the 5580), result is the same in every combinations.

I've also did a clean windows reinstall, but the same happens. Didn't try on linux though. If it's necessary I can do an install of a Linux, but want to avoid this if possible.

Can you take a look at this? I've attached some screenshots and logs to this post.
Attachments
dvbdream_exception_details.zip
(9.59 KiB) Downloaded 207 times
tbs6590_crash.zip
DVBViewer and DVB Dream logs, screenshots
(619.14 KiB) Downloaded 187 times
fatal

Re: TBS6590 driver/ntdll crash

Postby steven » Thu Jan 07, 2021 9:58 am

Hi Sir

So strange issue ,as you said other channels FTA and encrypted works well , if possible please have a try in linux .
Check whether the tbsciapi.dll issue

Thanks

Kind Regards

steven
steven

Postby fatal » Fri Jan 08, 2021 7:49 am

steven Wrote:Hi Sir

So strange issue ,as you said other channels FTA and encrypted works well , if possible please have a try in linux .
Check whether the tbsciapi.dll issue

Thanks

Kind Regards

steven

Hi steven,

I've managed to test on Linux Mint 19.3 (based on Ubuntu 18.04 LTS) with TVMosaic and it's working fine.

I've also tested on Windows with TVMosaic, and it's not working - same black screen issue with some general error message (restarting the client solves it on other channels). I'm pretty sure it's the same ntdll crash issue on either driver or CI api level.

What I've also noticed (probably not relevant, just the numbers reported by the driver) during scanning that on Windows the signal quality (not the strength) is between 72-75%, while on Linux it's 97-100%. Strength is around 50% on both OS (but you said that it's not too relevant when I asked with the 5580).

Can you guys please fix this issue on Windows? I'm using the latest Windows 10 20H2. Thanks.
fatal

Postby steven » Sat Jan 09, 2021 6:15 pm

Hi Sir

Thanks for your feedback ,so linux all are ok ? only in windows and only the BBC Earth HD have issue when play it ?
other FTA and encrypted channels works well ?

Thanks

Kind Regards

steven
steven

Postby fatal » Sat Jan 09, 2021 10:19 pm

Thanks for your feedback ,so linux all are ok ? only in windows and only the BBC Earth HD have issue when play it ?
other FTA and encrypted channels works well ?

Thanks

Kind Regards

steven

Hi Steven,

Yes, this is exactly the case.
fatal

Postby fatal » Sun Jan 17, 2021 7:00 am

Hey steven,

Any news?

Thanks.
fatal

Postby steven » Mon Jan 18, 2021 11:07 am

Hi Fatal

Can you help us record some original TS stream ? and upload some where let us have a check the stream ,
record about 3 minutes .

Thanks

kind Regards

steven
steven

Postby fatal » Mon Jan 18, 2021 4:09 pm

steven Wrote:Hi Fatal

Can you help us record some original TS stream ? and upload some where let us have a check the stream ,
record about 3 minutes .

Thanks

kind Regards

steven

Hi steven,

Can you help me, what tool can I use for that? And do you need record from a working channel, or from the problematic one? If I'm not mistaken there are no incoming stream from the problematic channel, since the driver or ci crashes.

Or do you need me to record that on linux? That can be problematic, I'm not a linux expert and I don't know any tool for that (except that I can record it from tvmosaic on linux if you need that).

Thanks.
fatal

Postby steven » Tue Jan 19, 2021 9:30 am

Hi Sir

You can use DVBDream TSWrite plugin it will save all TS stream
QQ截图20210119092852.png

please watch the problem transponder and do not put CAM insert and record .

Thanks

Kind Regards

steven
steven

Postby fatal » Tue Jan 19, 2021 5:19 pm

You can use DVBDream TSWrite plugin it will save all TS stream
QQ截图20210119092852.png

please watch the problem transponder and do not put CAM insert and record .

Thanks

Kind Regards

steven

Hi steven,

Thanks, I will check that later. Today I won't have time, but tomorrow I will.

Do I understand correctly that for this recording, I should disable the CI in DVBDream and/or phisically remove the CAM from the card?

Is it okay if I will upload the result to Google Drive? I think it will be too large to attach here (I guess there is a file size limit in the forum engine).
fatal

Next

Return to TBS6590 Multi Standard Dual Tuner Dual CI PCI-e Card