Moderator Control Panel ]

Problems under Windows7 MCE

Problems under Windows7 MCE

Postby jjj » Tue Aug 30, 2011 12:18 am

I've been using the TBS6280 for a while now with Windows7, but there seems to be problem with the tuner under MCE.

The problem appears in 2 ways, and seems like it could be down to a common issue.

1 - When watching live TV, and changing the channel, it will sometimes complain of no signal. If you then pick another channel it will work, and you can then change it back to the channel you tried earlier and it will work OK.

2 - When MCE is about to start recording something that has been scheduled, it will pop up a warning saying it's unable to make the recording as there is no signal. When checking the recordings, they are there, so I guess it must re-try.

I'm running under 64bit windows 7 home premium on an i7 with 6Gb of memory. I'm using the driver that can with the card, V1.0.0.3.

--- jjj
jjj

Re: Problems under Windows7 MCE

Postby okbet » Tue Aug 30, 2011 12:27 pm

try to tick only "TBS 6280 Tuner A" or "TBS 6280 Tuner B" to see if it will help.
okbet

Postby jjj » Tue Aug 30, 2011 4:12 pm

Thanks for the suggestion, how do I make it use only a single tuner?

If that addresses the problem, what's the fix to enable me to use both tuners?

Thanks.
jjj

Postby okbet » Tue Aug 30, 2011 6:01 pm

jjj Wrote:Thanks for the suggestion, how do I make it use only a single tuner?

If that addresses the problem, what's the fix to enable me to use both tuners?

Thanks.

On "TV SetUP" , and manually select the tuner, you might need to do tv scan again to access to the tuner selection window. :) This is for locating the problem only. Of course you should be able to use both tuners:)
okbet

Postby jjj » Tue Aug 30, 2011 8:40 pm

Thanks for the quick reply. I'll update tonight as see if the issue is tuner specific.
jjj

Postby jjj » Sat Sep 03, 2011 1:26 am

OK, I've been trying to find a way to guarantee getting the error when using MCE, but so far this hasn't been possible.

It seems very random, and could be a week between occurrences... and don't fancy running with a single tuner for over a week (too many recordings scheduled, and not all for me! ;) ).

Is there another way of telling which tuner is in operation? Or some debug flag that can be set?

Thanks.
jjj

Postby Skryten » Sat Sep 03, 2011 5:10 am

I am having this exact same issue. My TV signal is very good (tested on many different devices / tuner card) and all channels work on TBS 6280 card.

However, channel shifting is very unreliable and often comes up with 'no signal' messages. Going back to guide and then back in again on same channel often makes the channel work again.

Surely this is a driver issue...I'm using v1.0.0.3

I'm on Windows Home Premium 64bit...brand new HTPC with 4GB ram.

Hopefully someone from TBS is working on new driver versions.
Skryten

Postby jjj » Sun Sep 04, 2011 8:00 pm

Skryten Wrote:Surely this is a driver issue...I'm using v1.0.0.3

That was my assumption as well, so had been keeping an eye on any driver updates... but nothing appeared.

Machine had no issues with the Pinnacle 7010ix card previously.
jjj

Postby Skryten » Mon Sep 05, 2011 1:48 pm

Hi There

This is very annoying. I paid top dollars for this tuner card and then to see a cheap USB dongle perform better is very disappointing.

Have you tried to contact TBS Support? I have sent them an email but yet to hear back. There is no phone number to call so will have to wait for a reply.

This must be a 64bit driver issue...

It also seems that TBS is moving away from DVB-T cards...could explain the lack of attention/interest in driver updates.

Will let you know if I hear back from TBS Support
Skryten

Postby bob » Mon Sep 05, 2011 4:47 pm

Hi all,
i will make the driver update soon.
Sorry for the problems,
bob

Next

Return to Windows