Moderator Control Panel ]

CAM in CI-Slot

CAM in CI-Slot

Postby ortwin20000 » Wed Apr 13, 2011 9:13 pm

Hy,
i recently bought this qbox with ci-slot for streaming with dvbviewer pro 4.5 over lan to my clients.
Receiving free sat channels works without problems.

Now I want to use an CAM-Modul to receive encrypted channels.
I tried it with an Unicam- and Alphacrypt light-modul without success. OS is Windows 7 x86 with latest drivers 1.0.0.3
In DVBViewer i marked the checkbox for CI Modul under Hardware but after inserting any of the two cams i cannot get access to them with the CAM menu in DVBViewer.

As no where is documented how the cam modul must be inserted in the ci slot I tried it with both sides. Also no success.
Rebooted the system with and without cam modul inserted. No success.

What i am doing wrong?

Kind regards,
Andreas
ortwin20000

Re: CAM in CI-Slot

Postby luchy » Thu Apr 14, 2011 5:00 pm

hi Andreas,
ortwin20000 Wrote:As no where is documented how the cam modul must be inserted in the ci slot I tried it with both sides. Also no success.

about instructions of tbs5980 we will release a document as soon as possible.
I just give a simply explanation here:
first,make sure the device and cam is installed correctly.you can see the pics hardwareID.PNG and cam*.JPG.
after cam is inserted correctly,please check if MMI work with dvbdream or tbsViewer.
If there is still some problem, please contact tbs support by email.
best wishes,
Attachments
5980ci.rar
using of tbs5980 ci
(816.09 KiB) Downloaded 739 times
luchy

Postby ortwin20000 » Fri Apr 15, 2011 3:40 pm

Hi luchy,
thanks for getting me in the right direction :)
The qbox is correctly installed as i see under hardware properties.

I installed now the qbox on a new windows xp machine and tried it with TBSviewer, DVBviewer and DVBDream.
In DVBDream i have access to the cam.

In TBSViewer and DVBViewer the option for the CAM-Menu is always greyed out. How did you get it running under TBSViewer?
I think it has to do with a needed plugin for DVBViewer as i can see in the installation process of DVBViewer that there is an specific entry for CI support for different cards. See the attached image.

So the question is which of theses entries i must select to get the ci running under DVBViewer as I want to use this computer for streaming.

Kind regards,
Andreas
Attachments
dvbviewer.png
ortwin20000

Postby luchy » Fri Apr 15, 2011 5:08 pm

hi Andreas,
i think DVBViewer don't support 5980ci now. TBSViewer is OEM version of DVBViewer for tbs,please visit:
http://www.tbsdtv.com/english/Download.html
download the latest TBSview-setupV20110328
just next step to next step to install is ok, after installing it,there is a TbsCIapi.dll in TBSViewer root directory as following
Attachments
tbsViewer.JPG
luchy

Postby ortwin20000 » Mon Apr 18, 2011 3:12 pm

Hi,
you are right.
DVBViewer seems not to support CI for the TBS5980 at the moment.
With the version of TBSViewer you written i can access the CAM.

Thank you so much for your help.

Is it a problem if i write on the dvbviewer forum for using the dll to get full support?

Kind regards,
Andreas
ortwin20000

Postby luchy » Mon Apr 18, 2011 6:08 pm

Is it a problem if i write on the dvbviewer forum for using the dll to get full support?

i think you will be welcome:)
luchy

Postby huer12 » Tue May 10, 2011 3:06 am

Hi,
The CAM I try does not work. It is a VIACCESS for SRG SSR on the sattelite Hotbird 13.0.
DVB Dream is showing the pictures as shown in one of the post when accessing "Modules->tbs8980CI", also the channel displays "viaccess" in the status bar, but the channel stays black.
I use the newest software, I downloaded today.

Is there any other Information I can provide you to find a solution or is there anything else I can try? (I tried also TBS Viewer and the card works on my other receiver)

Regards,
Roman
huer12

Postby luchy » Tue May 10, 2011 10:24 am

hi,
first,we should make sure all devices are connected right.
can you read mmi right? in other word,is there any information on visiting dvbdream->Modules->tbs8980CI ?
about how to change different device in tbsViewer,please open "Optinos", then enter "hardware"->
"Scan Devices",after there are different device are listed in "Device",just setting the device that you want to use current "State" to preferred. and others "State" to "Do not use".
Attachments
dvbdreamMMI2.PNG
luchy

Postby huer12 » Fri May 13, 2011 5:21 am

Hi

Yes I can read the MMI, but it still doesn't work. (The TV screen in the background of the second screen shot is the SF-Info channel which is not encrypted)

I switched all other modules in the DVBViewer off.
If I enter 1 or 2 in dvbdream->Modules->tbs8980CI I get some information, but if I enter 3, the details keeps blank.
Any other ideas?

By the way I have tried the Q-Box CI on another computer in the meantime and it doesn't work there neither. Both computer have Windows 7 Professional 64 bit operation system.
huer12

Postby luchy » Fri May 13, 2011 5:58 pm

from my test,tbs5980 support viaccess card well.
now,in order to find the problem, we have to do more about it. i believe your smart card is no problem and has been authorized,can you decrypt the programs with it under a STB?
luchy

Next

Return to Windows