Moderator Control Panel ]

No sound in HDTV

No sound in HDTV

Postby Steve116 » Thu Jan 12, 2012 4:05 am

I have no sound when I view HDTV using the viewer. I have downloaded ffdshow and set up as instructed. I am running vista 64 bit with a HD motherboard and sound and vision through a HMDI cable to a surround sound unit. Normal TV works fine with vision and sound both working. But I only get vision in HD. Any help would be much appreciated thanks Steve
Steve116

Re: No sound in HDTV

Postby i0zjh02 » Sun Jan 15, 2012 8:18 pm

I have a similar problem but its intermittent. I'm using a TBS6284 card and have intermittent problems recording the HD channels (I'm using SageTV v7.19). It mainly effects ITV1-HD (majprity of recordings on this channel) and results in recordings with perfect pictures but no sound (even though SageTV thinks there are the normal 2 sound streams present in the recording).

This is random and can effect 3 recordings in a row and then the next will be fine, also the recordings seem to get corrupted in some way and although they have a "size" in windows explorer they have no "length"

Anyone have any ideas as its driving me and family nuts as we have to record everything on ITV1 as well just in case !!

Cheers
i0zjh02

Return to Windows