Moderator Control Panel ]

linux drivers?

linux drivers?

Postby ufeavav » Wed Apr 14, 2010 8:54 pm

There is something new about the drivers for Linux? :)
ufeavav

Re: linux drivers?

Postby Irene » Thu Apr 15, 2010 10:33 am

Hi ufeavav,

Sorry that linux driver for USB DVB-C stick is not ready at the moment.
It is under writing now.
Irene

Postby Elson » Sat Feb 05, 2011 7:56 am

Please, were are the linux drivers?
Elson

Postby cody » Mon Feb 07, 2011 4:56 am

Elson Wrote:Please, were are the linux drivers?

for which model? output of 'lsusb' - older model is discontinued, the newer model might have Linux drivers, depends on how many customers are interested.
cody

Postby Elson » Tue Feb 08, 2011 7:53 am

This is the model:

TBS USB ISDB-T TV Stick
TBSD890600242

This one can be find easily for sold here in Brazil. The digital tv system was recently implemented in capital cities. My TV Stick works fine in Windows Vista and in Windows 7, but I can't use it in my PC with Linux at work.

I need to notice you that the installation software bundle included in the cd rom does't works in Windows 7. It is necessary to do a manual installation, pointing to the driver's folder in the cd rom.

So, please, be gentle, honor the brand, don't leave the customers without support!
Elson

Postby cody » Tue Feb 08, 2011 9:47 am

to be honest, i'm not familiar with ISDB-T products made by TBS for the Brazilian market, but i haven't heard for any plans for providing Linux support for them. i know it sounds disappointing, but it's all about how many users are interested to use such hardware in Linux.
cody

Postby Elson » Tue Feb 08, 2011 10:21 am

Thanks for the reply. Well, the world is very small these days... Brasil is a great market, tunned in the latest new technologies. And the digital TV will rise up soon here in number of users. I hope your company release some day a Linux driver for this model too.

The model is this one, see the pictures:
http://www.linuxtv.org/wiki/index.php/JH_Full_HD_Digital_TV_Receiver

cody Wrote:to be honest, i'm not familiar with ISDB-T products made by TBS for the Brazilian market...

So take a look at this information in the back side of the box. As you can see in the picture, it is realy directed to the brazilian market:

i haven't heard for any plans for providing Linux support for them. i know it sounds disappointing, but it's all about how many users are interested to use such hardware in Linux.

But, in the page "Products Item" ( http://www.tbsdtv.com/english/products.html ) it is very clear this line:
All products are Windows 7 Media Center compatible and have Linux support.
So, why the USB ISDB-T Stick don't have linux support?

This "false advertising" can be a little mistake but will inducing linux users to buy it! And I believe that don't give linux support is an even bigger mistake...
Elson

Postby cody » Mon Feb 14, 2011 7:16 am

i think there is no any false advertisement, because here:

http://www.tbsdtv.com/english/product/USBISDB-T.html

there is no statement for Linux support and as mentioned i'm not very familiar with that product made for the Brazilian market exclusively.

in any case, i understand you well, because i'm Linux user myself, but all those other products for which we have Linux drivers and support - many, many customers request such and for this ISDB-T hardware that's the first requests - if user base interested in such support is small it's just not possible for us in terms of expenses to provide such support.
cody

Postby Elson » Tue Feb 15, 2011 6:44 am

Thanks for the reply.

The page I mentioned is in conflict with the other you mentioned. I think the product launched in Brazil, "JH Full HD Digital TV Receiver", must have been bought by some client of yours who then adapted to the Brazilian system of digital tv.
Elson

Postby cody » Wed Feb 16, 2011 7:08 am

Elson Wrote:I think the product launched in Brazil, "JH Full HD Digital TV Receiver", must have been bought by some client of yours who then adapted to the Brazilian system of digital tv.

it's possible, i'm handling customers in Europe and i really don't have any information for our company operations in Brazil.
cody

Next

Return to Linux