Moderator Control Panel ]

Disappearing channels - Astra 1N (Solved)

Disappearing channels - Astra 1N (Solved)

Postby Andrew » Sun Mar 25, 2012 5:16 am

My TBS 5922 has been working fine for many months but I updated the driver to V2.0.2.5 which worked fine after the update. Following a reboot the BBC HD channels could not be found (and seeming all the other normal UK channels had also disappeared). There were still a lot of other channels still working
In an attempt to resolve I have tried:
1. Updating driver to V2.0.2.7 – Did not work

2. Reverted back to the original driver which has been working since last year – Did not work

3. Remove driver, disconnect from USB, reboot, reinstall driver, reboot again with device plugged into different USB – did not work

4. Powering down the TBS 5922 and disconnecting the USB for a few minutes (a few seconds does not work) – missing channels restored but after about a day channels disappear again. The procedure can be repeated.

5. Updated driver to V2.0.2.7. Did not work but temporary fix above continues to work.

Of course the driver update could be irrelevant.

Satalite details:
DSAT 4
Astra 1N (28.2° East)
Transponder 50
Frequency: 10.84700 GHz
Vertical polarisation
Modulation: DVB-S2, QPSK
Symbol rate: 23.0 Mbaud
FEC 8/9
Transport Stream ID: 2050
Channel SID
BBC HD 6940
BBC One HD 6941

This is the latest information from the BBC website and is what I am using (but has to be manually tuned)

Any suggestions?

Andrew

--------------------------------------------
Done some more digging. Looks like this affects everything on Astra 1N.

Eutelsat 28A, Astra 2A, Astra 2B are also on 28.2E but are not affected and work ok

Andrew
Andrew

Re: Disappearing channels - Astra 1N

Postby imperia » Mon Mar 26, 2012 4:40 pm

Hello,

I have the same issue. I have multifeed 5 satellites setup. When I tried 2.0.2.5 and 2.0.2.7 drivers - I lost half of my channels. LIke 400 channels are gone (NO signal). The only solution for me it to use the driver that came with the driver CD: 2.0.1.6. I talked with european support and they told me to use the driver which works best for me. DOH! That's wasn't the answer I wanted to hear. 2 version later they are still unable to fix it.

I just don't know how you made it work with the new drivers (once). Maybe it has something to the with the signal quality, but that's something that developers should be able to tell us and fix it! They told me that the changes log is too big and they don't know what exactly can cause this. DOH again!
imperia

Postby steven » Mon Mar 26, 2012 6:03 pm

Hi Binks

Following a reboot the BBC HD channels could not be found (and seeming all the other normal UK channels had also disappeared).

I remember that when BBC HD channels could not be found the other channels shows ok,when i connect to you computer's test.
Is it right.

And we are solving this problem now,just have not found what the problem is.
If have any progress we will contact you as soon as possible.

Best regards
steven

Postby steven » Mon Mar 26, 2012 6:11 pm

imperia Wrote:Hello,

I have the same issue. I have multifeed 5 satellites setup. When I tried 2.0.2.5 and 2.0.2.7 drivers - I lost half of my channels. LIke 400 channels are gone (NO signal). The only solution for me it to use the driver that came with the driver CD: 2.0.1.6. I talked with european support and they told me to use the driver which works best for me. DOH! That's wasn't the answer I wanted to hear. 2 version later they are still unable to fix it.

I just don't know how you made it work with the new drivers (once). Maybe it has something to the with the signal quality, but that's something that developers should be able to tell us and fix it! They told me that the changes log is too big and they don't know what exactly can cause this. DOH again!

Hi imperia

Would you mind giving us the miss channels detail information what's the frequency and symbol rate.Just take some for example.

Thanks
steven

Postby imperia » Tue Mar 27, 2012 1:21 pm

steven Wrote:
imperia Wrote:Hello,

Hi imperia

Would you mind giving us the miss channels detail information what's the frequency and symbol rate.Just take some for example.

Thanks

Sure! fast example:

With 2.0.1.6 driver:
Quality and Level around 98-99%
19.2E Astra
Das Erste HD
11361 H 22000 2/3 8PSK

With 2.0.2.7 driver:
NO SIGNAL at all.

2027driver.jpg
Here I just did fast scan to see what's going on with 2.0.2.7 driver. I noticed that it starts to find channels after 11719 transponder.
Before 11719 everything was "no signal". Maybe its unable to tune LOW frequencies(10.7 - 11.7). I have to experiment more.

2025driver_crop.jpg
This is one scan I did with 2.0.2.5 before, when I was willing to work with support to solve this issue.
It shows that after I installed 2.0.2.5 driver I lost 441 channels just for 19.2E Astra satellite compared to previous driver 2.0.1.6.

If you want me to run more test, just let me know. I am willing to help so we can solve this.

P.S. I wonder if the linux driver have the same problems. Because I am unable to make VDR run, no matter what I try.
imperia

Postby steven » Tue Mar 27, 2012 6:04 pm

Hi imperia

Thanks for your reply,more information we need can you give us your LNB setting's picture in DVBDream?

Best regards
steven

Postby Andrew » Tue Mar 27, 2012 7:43 pm

It could well be frequency related

The highest frequency I have found that is affected is:
28.2°E Astra 1N 11127 V 8PSK 22000.66667 - Channel 4 HD

The channels I have tried and work do seem to be after the 11.7 range but I can't check just at the moment.

Tonight I will check
28.2°E Eutelsat 28A 11222.17 H QPSK 27500.66667 - UCB TV

If it works it would appear to be Astra 1N related, if not frequency...?

I have also found scanning kills it. I can usually get away with a manual scan of one frequency, any more and I lose the channels again. My usual work around of unplugging the 5922 failed to work last night but I only have it a minute or so. It's unplugged now so I'll see tonight whether it works again.

I can't help thinking my issue is hardware related simply because it works again (mostly) after a cool down period...

Thanks

Andrew
Andrew

Postby imperia » Wed Mar 28, 2012 7:08 am

Here is my settings you requested. I think they are correct, because they are working with 2.0.1.6 driver.

dvbdream_diseqc_multifeed.jpg
LOF Settings are the same for every LNB. KU-linear (universal)
Raw Diseqc field is empty and 22 kHz field is greyed out.
Uncommitted Switch port is 0 for first LNB, 1 for second, 2 for third and etc.

smartdvb_diseqc_multifeed.jpg
I am using this software now. Result is the same. Working with 2.0.1.6. No signal with other versions of the driver.
Settings are similar as above. Uncommitted cmd 0 for first LNB, cmd 1 for second and etc.

http://www.emp-centauri.cz/products.php?id_kateg=5&id_pkateg=20&id=82
This is my diseqc switch. It configured for 1.1 diseqc uncommitted mode.

I have different LNBs all Ku linear universal.
INVERTO Black Ultra - IDLB-SINL40-ULTRA-OPP
\\www.inverto.tv/products/product.php?id=57

TRIAX TSI 005
\\www.triax.ro/tsi-005-universal-single-300443.html

ALPS Universal Single LNB
\\www.triax.ro/alps-universal-single-lnb-300464.html
imperia

Postby steven » Wed Mar 28, 2012 9:48 am

Hi imperia and Andrew

Would you mind having a test with this new test driver:
https://hotfile.com/dl/150346239/79eca08/TBS_5922_setup_v2.0.2.8.zip.html

and send the test report here.

Thanks
steven

Postby imperia » Wed Mar 28, 2012 10:47 am

For Astra 19.2E it found correctly LOW frequencies. Nothing from HIGH!!!
2028_192_astra.jpg

For Astra 23.5E it found 2 channels ONLY!
2028_235_astra.jpg

Most frequencies show "No signal".
I see frequencies showing signal like Level 90 and Quality 80 and result is always "No channels found".

Not good
imperia

Next

Return to Windows