Moderator Control Panel ]

DVB Recording Service - TBS 6928 - Unicam Deltacrypt Problem

DVB Recording Service - TBS 6928 - Unicam Deltacrypt Problem

Postby herrbasan » Mon May 28, 2012 6:58 am

Using the TBS 6928 with the DVBViewer Recording Service only works the first time the service is started. When the first session tuning a encrypted channel is closed (client disconnects) the TbsCIapi.dll is not released, so any further attempts of accessing it fail. It might be a problem with the Recording Service, but their stance is that it has to be a driver problem.

I've tested this with all driver versions i have (1.0.1.2 and 1.0.1.3), with the versions 1.0.0.7 and 1.0.0.8 of the TbsCIapi.dll, and with several versions of the Recording Service (back to version 1.9.2.0). I've also tested with 3 different versions of the Sparta software of the CAM (5.28, 5.33, 5.34).

So i'm pretty sure that this never really worked. Please tell me if there is anything you can do. Since i've tried a lot of TV Cards, and the TBS was actually my last hope. Help me Obiwan TBS
TBS 6928 / Unicam Deltracrypt CAM / Sky Germany V13 Card
Windows 7 x64 / MediaPortal 1.2.3
herrbasan

Re: DVB Recording Service - TBS 6928 - Unicam Deltacrypt Pro

Postby steven » Mon May 28, 2012 2:38 pm

Hi herrbasan

We are contacting this with DVBViewer now,Maybe there is something wrong in somewhere.
any progress will let you know as soon as possible.

Thanks
steven

Postby herrbasan » Wed May 30, 2012 7:04 pm

The problem is investigated, as i was told. I'll report as soon i have news.

Thanks for the quick response Steve!
herrbasan

Postby herrbasan » Thu May 31, 2012 1:38 am

Pointed out by another user suffering from a similar problem, the behaviour of the DVBViewer Recording Service not realeasing the TbsCIapi.dll after the initial use can be reproduced in DVBViewer even when it interfaces directly with the Card, when sending the Computer into standby.

After return from standby the DVBViewer can't access the CI, but still works with not encrypted channels. Quitting and restarting solves the problem. I've posted this in the DVBViewer forum, maybe it helps to find the bug.
herrbasan

Postby steven » Thu May 31, 2012 8:57 am

Hi herrbasan

Thanks for your feedback.
DVBViewer will have a update later which have added release CI module method when device released.
So just wait the new version of DVBViewer. :)

Thanks
steven

Postby herrbasan » Mon Jun 04, 2012 4:44 am

It took a while but one of the DVDViewer developers (Lars) wrote. They are planning a workaround for the next release of the DVBViewer and Recording Service. Instead of opening the DLL globally once, they would call the DLL with each tune command anew. Since this will result in a tiny lag in overall tuning speed and probably other potential risks on going that route, i understand that they would rather have some reliable way to reset the CI.

If it's not too much trouble, i'd greatly appreciate if you could investigate on your side, if there is something you can do.
herrbasan

Postby steven » Tue Jun 05, 2012 9:44 am

Hi herrbasan

Thanks for your information.

>they would call the DLL with each tune command anew.

There is no need to call the CIDLL with each tune,only when the device released need to call the CIDLL.
if the device has not released no need to call the CIDLL with each tune,after tune other if DVBViewer have
send the PID to CAM,it should be ok.

Kind Regards

steven
steven

Postby herrbasan » Mon Jul 02, 2012 10:23 am

A new version of the DVBViewer Recording Service is out (V1.10). On a first quick test it seems to have fixed the problem. I'll report in detail as soon i've tested it more thoroughly.
herrbasan

Postby herrbasan » Tue Jul 03, 2012 8:57 pm

Sadly the support is still not a 100% there. It seems that the workaround has some consequences that might not be easily be fixed. As i understand it, the people at DVBViewer still have problems to release the CI instance, so what they did is to reinitialize it every time a new client conntects. In the situation of an active connection to the RS with a non-encrypted channel, and the RS starts a recording of an encrypted channel it crashes the RS.

I've reported this in as much detail as i could to the DVBViewer developers. But it would be very nice of you if you could contact them again to maybe help on your side.
herrbasan

Postby steven » Wed Jul 04, 2012 9:23 am

Hi herrbasan

Thank you very much for your test report and the information you give to us.

We will contact DVBViewer too, and find what the problem is.

Kind Regards

steven
steven

Next

Return to Windows