Moderator Control Panel ]

Tips for "TBS card can't be detected by new PC"

Tips for "TBS card can't be detected by new PC"

Postby steven » Mon Sep 24, 2012 3:01 pm

Hi All

We have been reported by some users that the TBS card can't be detected in a new PC, this is
because our new PCI-E card uses NXP 7160 bridge, and NXP7160 is PCI-E 1.0a, so some
motherbroads have not added the support for PCI-E 1.0a.If you are exepriencing this issue,
please try:

First: Check whether BIOS is the lates, if not , update it.

Second:Change your motherbroad's PCI-E BIOS setting, one of the users has changed it as below, and it now works fine again:
garry Wrote:Hi steven,

I updated BIOS to the latest version - no result. But in the end I solved the issue, maybe solution will be useful for someone. The problem is that new PCE-E standard has a full default backward compatibility with old PCE-E standards only in theory, not in real life. So you should reconfigure PCI-E slots in BIOS. In my case I changed link speed - from PCI-E Generation 3 to PCI-E Generation 1. After this all will work.

If you have found another solution , please share with us:)

Kind Regards

steven
steven

Re: Tips for "TBS card can't be detected by new PC"

Postby vaskos » Thu Oct 29, 2015 5:04 pm

I have similar problem with TBS 6928 card , using new MSI Z170 motherboard. I had to restart PC more times , to have card detected. I have latest BIOS , but it doesn't help me. Unfortunatelly I can not set Gen1 link speed on PCIe slots...
vaskos

Postby steven » Fri Oct 30, 2015 4:11 pm

Hi vaskos

If after restart your PC can detect your TBS6928,maybe it is your PCI-E slot issue, Please have a try change the slot try again.

Thanks

Kind Regards

steven
steven

Postby vaskos » Fri Oct 30, 2015 4:39 pm

Hi Steven , Thanks for answer, but it is not slot issue, I have tried other slots with same result. Sometimes card is detected and sometimes not.Sometimes more restarts are necessary, to get finnaly card detected. I have latest BIOS, motherboard is new [I do not think that its MB problem], I have written to MSI support, but unfortunatelly they could not help me [but at least, they have tried]. Seems TBS cards are not "very compatible" with new motherboards. Its very flustrating...
vaskos

Postby ittroll » Fri Oct 30, 2015 10:06 pm

I believe I am experiencing the same issue on an Asus H170 motherboard with the TBS 6285.

viewtopic.php?f=152&t=9586

The 6285 also uses the same NXP SAA7160 PCIe bridge chip as the 6928 and other TBS cards. I think this component has an inherent compatibility fault which is why newer revised models were released.
ittroll

Postby vaskos » Fri Oct 30, 2015 10:52 pm

Thanks for answer, I think the same. Unfortunatelly I got my card on Ebay more than year ago, so return Im afraid will be impossible ... In my old motherboard card works well, so it has to be compatibility issue with new hardware :(
vaskos

Postby jools5000 » Thu Nov 26, 2015 1:49 am

I have a Asus Z170m plus and the latest BIOS (24/11) has made the card (6922se) appear in device manager

It reset all my BIOS settings, so had to change lots of options from memory, but looks like might be some progress on this
jools5000

Postby steven » Thu Nov 26, 2015 5:19 pm

jools5000 Wrote:I have a Asus Z170m plus and the latest BIOS (24/11) has made the card (6922se) appear in device manager

It reset all my BIOS settings, so had to change lots of options from memory, but looks like might be some progress on this

Hi jools5000

Do you have tried set your
PCI-E issue latency time to 128, or you can have a try change the PCI-E slot check whether is ok

Thanks

Kind Regards

steven
steven

Postby ittroll » Wed Dec 23, 2015 5:37 pm

I did eventually make contact with TBS support and exchanged several emails with them. In the end they said they would send me the TBS 6205 which does not suffer from this inherent fault. However nothing ever arrived.

In the meantime following several emails to ASUS support they added the feature to the H170 BIOS to allow you to specify Gen1 PCI-E speed. So ASUS have to come to the rescue to fix a problem in another manufacturer's product. I am rather disappointed with TBS though, it would seem my 2-year warranty is worthless.
ittroll

Return to Windows