Moderator Control Panel ]

tbs5925 - no MIS/PLS scanning possbile

tbs5925 - no MIS/PLS scanning possbile

Postby md0 » Wed Sep 04, 2013 1:23 pm

Hello all,

I've just got my brand new TBS5925 box - naturally, one of the first things I did was to try and scan some MIS transponders - after all, that's why I've paid 250$ for.
Right now I'm considering sending the device back. I've tried every DVB software bundled with the tuner and none managed to scan any MIS transponder. Here's the recap so far:

- dvbdream - does not tune or scan ANY dvb-s2 transponders; I have to manually restart de tuner to put it back into a usable state
- dvbviewer - mostly works, but has no option to scan MIS/PLS transponders (including Transedit)
- progdvb - cannot tune anything with the latest tbs.eBDA2 extension; if I switch to microsoft BDA I can lock transponders, but the MIS option is greyed out
- ts recorder - I can lock some transponders on 13E and 5W, but the signal is unstable (drops to 0 every couple of seconds)

I don't know what else to try. Could there be something wrong with my unit? Did any of you had any success in actually using the TBS5925 for what it is primarily marketed (i.e. MIS scanning)?

Thank you,
md0
md0

Re: tbs5925 - no MIS/PLS scanning possbile

Postby steven » Thu Sep 05, 2013 9:42 am

Hi md0

For the DVBDream's problem we have found that it has send the wrong parameters.
If you know your PLS value ,please manual set it here:
QQ图片20130905093500.jpg
Root Gold Code

After set the right parameters you can lock the PLS transponder.

This problem we have contacted with DVBDream next version we will fix this problem.

And you have a try with crazyscan which is a powerful tools.
You can get more information here:
viewtopic.php?f=25&t=447

Kind Regards

steven
steven

Postby md0 » Thu Sep 05, 2013 12:12 pm

Hello Steven,

Thank you for the suggestion - I know how the PLS code works, but in my case DVBdream does not scan ANY DVB-S2 transponders, regardless of modulation.
In dvbdream's case I've traced the problem to the TBS BDA extension. If I remove the tbs.ext file I can scan all transponders, but that means no support for advanced features (including MIS) and no diseqc.
I don't understand how the TBS5925 is listed here (http://www.dvbdream.org/supported_devices.php) as being fully supported, when in fact it has issues with even the most basic functions. Could this be a driver compatibility problem?

Crazyscan appears to work, but it's of no use when it comes to actually tuning a service. I'm looking for something that can reliably scan and store MIS stations.
md0

Postby md0 » Sat Sep 07, 2013 12:37 pm

Just an update, to keep others from wasting their time trying to make the bundled software work:
The only interface that at this moment works reliably with the TBS5925 is crazycat's StreamreaderEx BDA. As such, the only DVB software that actually worked in my case (including MIS/PLS scanning) was Smartdvb, using the above mentioned interface.
md0

Postby tbsuser18 » Fri Nov 22, 2013 2:27 pm

Problem with TBS5925 atleast with this model is that for DVB Dream other versions we have to give PLS Code to manullay scan DVB S2 frequencies

Why Cant it work like how it works in OEM Version.

Another problem with this TBS is that during full transponder scan it repeats same channels if there is any frequency near to it, but if we scan same frequency manually we find other channels.
why is this happening? any solution.
tbsuser18

Postby tbsuser18 » Tue Jan 21, 2014 9:15 pm

Any updated drivers? Because this problem happens in latest version of DVBDream as well as in Smartdvb. More over switching channels, scanning channels all takes lots of time. Lower the symbol rate it says no channels found in both Smartdvb and Dvbdream but in actually there are channels and if we repeat scanning few times suddenly the channel gets tuned.
tbsuser18

Postby stp » Tue Jan 21, 2014 11:00 pm

tbsuser18 Wrote:Any updated drivers? Because this problem happens in latest version of DVBDream as well as in Smartdvb. More over switching channels, scanning channels all takes lots of time. Lower the symbol rate it says no channels found in both Smartdvb and Dvbdream but in actually there are channels and if we repeat scanning few times suddenly the channel gets tuned.

Try ProgDVB 6.96.2 in download section, see (6.93e) !
On PC * TBS-5925 * Motorised Dish 1.1m * ProgDVB * DVBDream * Windows 8
On TV * Vu+Ultimo 2 Tuners DVB-S2 * MultiSat 10 LNB * Motorised Dish 1.0m
stp

Return to Windows