Moderator Control Panel ]

Matrix TV Bugs and Issues

Matrix TV Bugs and Issues

Postby elbandido » Wed Sep 10, 2014 4:32 am

Is there an easy way to edit the satellite list, channels and transponders that are stored in the Matrix?
I have found a very crude way to edit the transponder files that are located in usr/share/transponders. In North America, We have a satellite at 139West that contains hundreds of radio channels on one transponder. I managed to edit the transponders file in the Matrix, and then scan 1,720 radio channels. Apparently this is too much for the Matrix and the channels were dumped. What do I need to do in order to receive these channels?

I noticed that Ac3 audio does not work on the satellite tv channels that are scanned in at 87West. What do I need to do to make AC3 audio work?

Many channels will have several different audio pids. How can I toggle between the different audio pids?

I do not see any options here to upload a picture , so I have attached an image link below.
How can I record the information that is being displayed by the Matrix when scanning? Is there any way to do this using ssh or serial connection?
Thanks. EB
elbandido

Re: Matrix TV Bugs and Issues

Postby elbandido » Fri Sep 12, 2014 9:34 pm

Is there any customer support for the Matrix? I have been trying to watch satellite tv with the Matrix for months using a TBS5925 USb tuner.

Cannot use Ubuntu because there is no support for satellite TV using TBS5925. Cannot even use ubuntu as a simple desktop because of no flash support and several other bugs.

Cannot use Android. Cannot even play action games with Android, so it is of no use to me.

Now I try to use MatrixTV, and the scans are messed up. Apparently, The reason I have no AC3 audio is because Matrix TV is splitting the scanned audio into radio (Or so it says). I have not a clue where the channel file is stored in Matrix TV, and am getting tired of looking for it.. At present, I have a nice and pretty tv picture without audio.
Apparently there is no support for a diseqc 1.2 positiuoner or a simple Ku motor.

Any help I could get on watching DVB-S2 satellite tv with the Matrix would be appreciated.
Thanks. EB
elbandido

Postby diabloss » Sat Sep 13, 2014 4:19 pm

questions

1) what backend did you enabled?
2) Tvheadend or VDR?

if you enable tvheadend then you have to access webui your ip:9981 in a browser to scan and map your channels
if you started vdr backend you have to use w_scan to manually scan and make your channels.conf list because vdr is reading channels from that list
diabloss

Postby elbandido » Sat Sep 13, 2014 11:41 pm

Thanks for the reply.
I have tried enabling VDR and also Tvheadend. I will attempt to access the 9981 ip next.
Where in the files system is the channels.conf list located? I would like to try and edit it if possible, or at least try to read it. Where is the satellite list located?

There is a definite problem receiving the DVB-S2 8PSK channels located at 105W. Some of these channels glitch repeatedly and/or the video tears. I think these are high bit rate channels, and appear to be more than the Matrix is capable of handling.
elbandido

Postby elbandido » Thu Sep 18, 2014 3:50 am

I paid over $400.00 U.S. for the Matrix(TBS2910) and the TBS5925. I am very dissatisfied with this combination of products. The Matrix was advertised to be compatible with the TBS5925 in MatrixTV and in Ubuntu.

Matrix TV has allowed me to view a couple of FTA channels using the TBS5925, but for the most part, it is unusable. The DVB-S2 8PSK channels located at 105West C band freeze, jerk and have other issues.
Ac3 Audio is not scanned in for the PBS stations located at 87West ku band, and the Radio channels located at 139West are not scanned in due to software errors.
Motor support for movable dishes is not available in Matrix TV, except for the possibility of a few diseqc 1.2 positions. No USALS or real Diseqc1.2 positioner support exists.

Ubuntu is supposed to have drivers installed for the TBS5925 but what good are they? I have not been able to install anything in Ubuntu that allows me to use the TBS5925.

As it stands, it looks like I paid over $400 for a pair of TBS products that cannot be used for what they were purchased for. Are there other solutions available for the Matrix?
Matrix TV is not going to work correctly with the TBS5925 without some major work. I do not see anything available in Ubuntu or Android that supports the TBS5925 device.
Is there something else that can be loaded on the Matrix that will work with the TBS5925, or did I waste my money? Thanks. EB
elbandido

Postby steven » Sun Sep 28, 2014 6:32 pm

elbandido Wrote:Thanks for the reply.
I have tried enabling VDR and also Tvheadend. I will attempt to access the 9981 ip next.
Where in the files system is the channels.conf list located? I would like to try and edit it if possible, or at least try to read it. Where is the satellite list located?

There is a definite problem receiving the DVB-S2 8PSK channels located at 105W. Some of these channels glitch repeatedly and/or the video tears. I think these are high bit rate channels, and appear to be more than the Matrix is capable of handling.

Hi elbandido

The satellite list is located in
/usr/share/transponder/ folder
and the channels.conf is in
/etc/vdr/ folder

And you can use main setup dialog Update transponder to update the latest transponder list. :)

Thanks

Kind Regards

steven
steven

Postby steven » Sun Sep 28, 2014 6:36 pm

Hi

and you can use RS232 or SSH connect to our Matrix

SSH is the good choose the login name is root
password is root

Thanks

Kind Regards

steven
steven

Postby elbandido » Tue Sep 30, 2014 12:18 am

Updating the transponder list does not do much good because a lot of fta transponder information is not widely published. Usually when the transponder information is published, it is outdated. this is why blindscan is important in North America.

Matrix TV has issues scanning or logging multiple radio stations as can be seen in post number 1 of this thread.
Matrix TV has issues with our DVB-S2 8PSK channels located at 105 West c band. matrix tv will play these channels but it does so in a very poor fashion. The problem Matrix tv is having with the DVB-S2 8PSK channels has been seen in older receivers such as AzBox Premium Plus.
The Matrix is supposed to be compatible with the TBS5925 in both Matrix TV and in Ubuntu. I can see Matrix Tv has too many issues to fix.

Is something available in Ubuntu for the TBS5925? All I want to do is be able to blindscan with the TBS5925 and to watch the channels that the TBS5925 finds. I purchased the Matrix under the assumption that it would be able to work with the TBS5925 and have been severely disappointed. So far it has been a waste of money.
Thanks. EB
elbandido

Postby steven » Tue Sep 30, 2014 10:16 am

Hi elbandido

For your problem
There have a another easy way to edit the transponder list,because we have add the smb support for matrix.
Just need to open the transponder file with your PC
for linux input smb://matrixIPaddress
for windows input \\matrixIPaddress

and for the DVB-S2 8PSK problem,would you mind having a try with your PC test some other DVB-S2 transponder check whether is ok .

For Blindscan only support in windows, you can blindscan in windows first then add the scaned transponder to matrixtv transponder list. :)

Thanks

Kind Regards

steven
steven

Postby elbandido » Wed Oct 01, 2014 11:25 pm

The DVB-S2 8PSK problem in the Matrix also exists in the AzBox Premium Plus. The Dvb-S2 *8psk problem does not exist in most of my other fta receivers made after 2012. The bit rate is pretty high for these DVB-S2 8PSK channels, and it just looks like it is more information than Matrix TV can process.

The DVB-S2 channels for LPB at 87 West Ku play fine on Matrix TV but the AC3 audio was not added in the scan, so there is not any audio on these channels.
I scanned 3 different satellites with Matrix TV and got three different problems. Matrix TV could not log the radio stations at 139 West, Play the DVB-S2 8PSK channels at 105 West, or scan the Ac3 audio for the DVB-S2 channels at 87 West Ku.

If there is not another solution for the Matrix and the TBS 5925 Besides Matrix TV, then I will purchase another Windows computer to use with the TBS5925 and be done with it.

Why put drivers in Ubuntu and advertise these TBS drivers for the Matrix Ubuntu system if they cannot be used?
I am willing to try a solution using the Matrix and Ubuntu, but I am done with Matrix TV unless some major changes are made to it. I have been trying since May of 2014 to find a way to use the Matrix and the TBS5925 for the fta satellites here in the U.S. It is time to give up and move on to something else.
elbandido

Next

Return to General discussion