Moderator Control Panel ]

freeze and loss of signal in 6920

freeze and loss of signal in 6920

Postby hadi5647 » Wed Feb 23, 2011 4:42 am

i have had a tbs 6920 for a mounth , after 2 week of good performance signal immediately vanished when i were watching a channel in dvbdream and consequently picture freezed.reinstalling the card has dispelled the problem temporarily and the above problem got back again . also signal indication is not true and the card show me 98% channel quality where the true one is 70%. :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock:
what is happening for my card ? :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: this problem has occured for some of my friends . i use 1.0.4.8 driver
my system :
asrock x58 extreme3
core i7 930 @ 3.7 ghz
6gb ddr3 1600 triple
gainward gtx 460 golden sample @ 800/1000 mhz
cooler master 700 watt psu
500 gb western digital black sata 2
win 7 x64 ultimate
dvbdream 1.5e

thank you so much for your helps
hadi5647

Re: freeze and loss of signal in 6920

Postby cody » Wed Feb 23, 2011 5:03 am

hadi5647 Wrote:i have had a tbs 6920 for a mounth , after 2 week of good performance signal immediately vanished when i were watching a channel in dvbdream and consequently picture freezed.reinstalling the card has dispelled the problem temporarily and the above problem got back again .

does the above means that you can regain signal only after reinstalling the drivers? because reinstalling the drivers from technical point of view is doing the same as just rebooting your computer to reload the drivers and that's why it doesn't make much sense that only reinstalling the drivers help - what about just reboot of the computer? how often the problem occurs? it could be some hardware fault, but it's hard to say based on the provided information so far.

hadi5647 Wrote:also signal indication is not true and the card show me 98% channel quality where the true one is 70%.

may i ask - why you thing "true signal quality" is 70% and not 98%. how you measure that 70% is the correct value? in fact "signal quality" measures the signal dB value and when signal dB is greater than 16 dB then 98% are reported, otherwise ((signal dB) / 16 * 100) are reported, e.g. 13 dB signal is reported as 81%, because ((13/16)*100)=81.25

thanks,
cody
cody

Postby hadi5647 » Wed Feb 23, 2011 3:52 pm

thank you so much for your answer
does the above means that you can regain signal only after reinstalling the drivers? because reinstalling the drivers from technical point of view is doing the same as just rebooting your computer to reload the drivers and that's why it doesn't make much sense that only reinstalling the drivers help - what about just reboot of the computer?

yes, pc restarting does the same effect
does this problem occur from weakness of dvb tuners in comparison with recievers ?
signal quality were checked by reciever named "strong 4622 xii" at the time of problem and indicated 70% signal quality as the dvb card showed before it is malfunctioned
does pc overclocking impact the dvb card by making overvoltage the pci express slot ?
i use pci express x4 slot for this dvb card
how often the problem occurs?

i live in a noisy district(there is many BTS tower around me ) ,may this situation cause the problem ?
the problem occurs at night when level of electromagnetic noise is high but reciever works nearly good
i am afraid that the problem kill the card :? :? and signal gone forever because i have seen this lethal effect for my dvb friends that experienced the same problem
what must i do now ? mr cody
thank you mr cody ;)
hadi5647

Postby jw300 » Wed Feb 23, 2011 7:00 pm

cody Wrote:
hadi5647 Wrote:also signal indication is not true and the card show me 98% channel quality where the true one is 70%.

may i ask - why you thing "true signal quality" is 70% and not 98%. how you measure that 70% is the correct value? in fact "signal quality" measures the signal dB value and when signal dB is greater than 16 dB then 98% are reported, otherwise ((signal dB) / 16 * 100) are reported, e.g. 13 dB signal is reported as 81%, because ((13/16)*100)=81.25

Don't mean to hijack the thread, but I noticed something similar while using my QBoxII with DVBViewer Pro, and wonder whether it's related. That app. doesn't show signal quality, but a 3rd-party plugin exports a number of variables including Signal.Strength and Signal.Quality. However, when I inspect these using DVBViewer's DVBSpy tool, the values are both 98% - the value every app. reports for Strength, no matter what is being received. Those apps always report Quality at a much lower figure, so I suspect there is an error (e.g code duplicated but not edited), but where? Other apps (AltDVB, for example) seem to report plausible figures for Quality. I uninstalled the DVBDream trial (version 1.5e?), but I don't recall any problem with the quality indicator.
jw300

Postby hadi5647 » Thu Feb 24, 2011 12:03 am

hi jw300 ;) ;) ;)
we have the same problem,when this problem happens for me dvbviewer report this expression " No hardware available" but level and signal quality is 98% :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock:
may i ask you what is your system configuration(i mean mainboard, cpu,ram,power,os)?
thanks everyone that has a way for this problem
hadi5647

Postby cody » Fri Feb 25, 2011 9:47 pm

@jw300

do you in short mean that DVBViewer Pro reports signal quality as 98% while at the same time other applications report lower signal quality? thanks, i just want to know that i understand you correctly.

@hadi5647

if your TBS card disappears spontaneously at as far as i understand from your post it could be some fault in the card and it's OK to replace it with new card for you. however, it could be some incompatibility with the motherboard as one recent case here:

https://shop.tbsdtv.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=5&t=234

in any case as i mentioned it's not a problem to replace the board with new one, but i'm not sure if that will help.
cody

Postby jw300 » Thu Jun 02, 2011 11:05 pm

cody Wrote:@jw300

do you in short mean that DVBViewer Pro reports signal quality as 98% while at the same time other applications report lower signal quality? thanks, i just want to know that i understand you correctly.

Yes, that is correct. 98% is the constant value reported on other apps as "Signal Strength" (my other receiver reports this as 99%) - I believe it just indicates the LNB is connected, even when not pointing at any satellite. The figure will only change if there's a problem with the LNB connection. I have never seen a Quality as high as 98%.

Current DVBViewer Pro does this for all hardware, I think, going by threads on its forum. None of the developers replied to those threads, suggesting it's a known issue, or they just don't want to talk about it! Oddly, the "Lite" version DVBViewer GE does seem to report Quality (but not strength).
jw300

Return to Windows