Moderator Control Panel ]

[SOLVED] transponders failing (TBS5680 on a Synology DS 211)

Re: transponders failing (TBS5680 on a Synology DS 211)

Postby MarcoM » Tue Apr 16, 2013 3:04 am

Cody I know you didn't request or probably need those logs, I just wanted to be as complete as I can, in case the installation problems I had were of any meaning.

In fact I know what went wrong :oops:
I had a typo when configuring the driver installation...
Just to be sure, I DID a blank new installation just before my first test - and then executed ./v4l/tbs-x86.sh which is not appropiate for my 3.5.0 kernel... I've corrected this fault now, and guess what, your driver works.... and it works great!
I've executed scan on 113 and 121 MHz, and both got locked!
Now I am officially surprised :o

Right now I'm testing with your optimized second driver, I'll report the results asap.

PS: no need to mention, not a single one of the problems I reported within my last post occured again... damn this one was awkward.... sorry :(
Last edited by MarcoM on Tue Apr 16, 2013 2:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.
MarcoM

Postby MarcoM » Tue Apr 16, 2013 3:11 am

Driver no. 2 works either!

including dmesg line "TBS5680 TEST V130413_02"
nice one!

- edit -
btw. here are the logs I've made testing 113 MHz
(thanks to the network scan, 121 MHz was successfully scanned as well in the scan log)
log_V130413_02.zip
logs for scan and czap on 113 MHz
(9.83 KiB) Downloaded 282 times
MarcoM

Postby cody » Wed Apr 17, 2013 3:02 am

thank you for the tests. so, it seems both test driver are working, which is excellent. i guess next step is to fix the same way the drivers for the NAS - i will contact DVBlogic to arrange they include that fixed driver to their next software release. please, if you have any other suggestions or found something else new let me know. last, but not least, without your tests no progress on this problem was possible, because it happens on live signal only and not on generated (in a lab) signal. so, big thank you and all DVB-C users in Germany should be very grateful to you - two customers contacted me about that problem before you, but no one of them was willing to follow with me and do some tests in order the problem to be fixed.
cody

Postby MarcoM » Wed Apr 17, 2013 3:22 am

oh your welcome cody, in fact doing so has quite some benefits for me as well ;)
and be it 'only' that I am now able to really USE your device - otherwise I would have had to send it back to the store where I'd ordered it...

In short terms, it's win-win 8-)

- edit-
maybe we (or to be more specific: you ;-) ) should move this thread to the Linux subforum, as this isn't really a windows problem ;)
MarcoM

Postby cody » Thu Apr 18, 2013 2:51 am

hehe, i've just now based on your words noticed it's in the Windows sub-section of the forum - i'm not sure if i have sufficient administrative rights in the forum to move, but i will do, because it's definitely not related to Windows.

unfortunately, there are very few users that think like you - most of them just return the device back and don't want assist, but you see, especially in this case without assistance from the customer, no matter how much we want to help - it's just impossible, because the problem happens only on the live signal and we can only test with generated/modulated signal in our lab, where it works and the problem is not triggered. anyway, as the famous phrase "all is well that ends well".
cody

[SOLVED] transponders failing (TBS5680 on a Synology DS 211)

Postby cody » Thu Apr 18, 2013 2:57 am

moved from Windows section - it was in the wrong place...
cody

Re: [SOLVED] transponders failing (TBS5680 on a Synology DS

Postby MarcoM » Mon Apr 29, 2013 1:16 pm

It has been almost 2 Weeks now since we've tested the issue - and even more important: you having solved it.

As by now I am not able to find any updated drivers on your side, nor on DVBLogic's, I assume you were not able to establish contact till now.
Is there any problem left? Maybe a 'testable' one? ;-)
May I ask for the time this will probably take - or even a schedule in case this one is more complicated than I think?

Btw. as you've probably already noticed, I am in contact to DVBLogic as well. In fact it was them suggesting to contact you. If I may be of any help here, just let me know.

- edit -
forget this last post, drivers are released and even dvblogic received the required data from tbs - in other words: no wishes left ...
again, thanks a lot!
MarcoM

Previous

Return to Linux